GIRLS VS GUYS ~ Who is wrong, Who is right?~

GIRLS VS GUYS ~ Who is wrong, Who is right?~

A Story by Amber Hurst

A common aphorism is that "nice guys finish last."  The phrase was first attributed to baseball manager Leo Durocher in 1939. Although he was originally referring to the opposing team rather than to male/female relationship dynamics. The full quote is, "Take a look at them. They're all nice guys, but they'll finish last. Nice guys. Finish last."(Wikepedia)

 

However there is always a debate that these nice guys are not desireable sexually or romantically. It is also debated that it's the guys that ignore us, and treat us with no respect are the guys we end up with. Now what I wanna know is why? What has happened to us. Have we not been hurt enough by these men that don't even see us when we are standing right in front of them...we are ignored, cussed at, told we are unattractive, and left feeling useless and un-appreciated. When a "nice guy"comes along, who is everything we have been looking for, we put him in the "friend zone" and that is where he stays, because we are scared and not used to being treated like a Queen.

 

Guys do the same with us. They put us in the "friend" zone and their "friend" zone allows us to become more intimate. This is when we end up in Flirtationships. Everything is comfortable, easy with this person, but probably never moving beyond, them calling or texting you asking for advice, to have drinks with, or talk about the weather with...nothing tangible.

 

I want what everyone really honestly wants.

 

Respect: Give it and I will give it back to you. Be careful what you say, because once it's said you can't take it back.

 

Honesty: I am pretty smart, and figure things out easily, don't lie to me even about the smallest things, lying only makes things worse. Be honest about everything and I will trust you. I will always be honest with you.

 

These are the two most important things, that anyone can have in any relationship. Without these two things, nothing else will matter. I know a lot of you reading this understand what I am saying. Women and Men need to change their view on what they truly want. Be honest with each other, tell him/her how you feel and don't leave them guessing. Take more chances, you will never know unless you try. Be that person that makes someone else smile.

 

So here's what I figured out.. none of us are perfect. We let the World decide whether we are Sane or Insane. Heroes or victims. But we should be deciding for ourselves. It's not important which way you jump, just that you jump.

© 2012 Amber Hurst


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have good thoughts and ideals though I think if you look though history you'll see no matter what decade you're in, girls have always fallen for the bad guy. It's a pattern I've seen since high school. They want a strong independent guy who seems unafraid of anything and is adventurous. The problem is, he winds up treating the girl like crap and if I didn't know any better, I'd say she enjoys the drama of it.

When I was young I fell for the beautiful girls. Today, I'm a little wiser and I avoid them because I know the better looking they are, the more trouble they are. As far as honesty, I agree that's the most important thing in a relationship. But after being with someone a long time it's surprising how much honesty goes out the window.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

If you want to read more, I don't have it all posted on here. Add me on Face Book, and then like my page Heart and Soul..my writing comes from my passion for music and my family and friends. I write band reviews, Do interviews, and write music.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I had fun writing this, and I ran it by all my close friends, before submitting it here, so it's nice to get some other opinions. If you notice I never answered my own question, because We all have things in our lives that we need to change and the sooner we realize that the better off we will be. Palewriter you have some good points too, I am not gonna say that yes we enjoy the drama, because when you are in a terrible situation, it's not pleasureable. However we (girls and guys) Choose to be in these situations, and stay in them for a long time sometimes. So we only have ourselves to blame for our unhappiness.

Posted 12 Years Ago


And I am a girl, I never fall for the bad guys so you might want to correct that @ Palewriter

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nice story and the sooner we realize that nobody will ever be right, the better. It doesn't even matter who is right or who is wrong, really because in life, people are going to get it "wrong" and people are going to get it "right". I especially like the way you said Girls VS Guys. It conveys a battle of the sexes. I always like that. Overall, this was a nice story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have good thoughts and ideals though I think if you look though history you'll see no matter what decade you're in, girls have always fallen for the bad guy. It's a pattern I've seen since high school. They want a strong independent guy who seems unafraid of anything and is adventurous. The problem is, he winds up treating the girl like crap and if I didn't know any better, I'd say she enjoys the drama of it.

When I was young I fell for the beautiful girls. Today, I'm a little wiser and I avoid them because I know the better looking they are, the more trouble they are. As far as honesty, I agree that's the most important thing in a relationship. But after being with someone a long time it's surprising how much honesty goes out the window.



Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Everyone is wrong, and no one is right. It's only when you figure out that the wrong that others see in you is the right you see in yourself, then the world becomes so much clearer. As far as letting the world decide sanity...eff that. The whole good guy/bad guy thing is just that, the world view. It doesn't take into account the basis of individuality. When more females are following the bad guy theme, it seems like other females follow suit, but reality is that there are females who go beyond that. Reverse roles, and it's the same thing. Guys do it too, we have just created the scenario where it is acceptable. The longest lasting relationships are the ones started from being best friends with someone. As for myself, I am neither good nor bad. I do what I think is right and necessary to be. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I thought this was very funny and had a hint of high school hijinks and office place civil war. Good job, hope your doing more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 29, 2012
Last Updated on May 29, 2012

Author

Amber Hurst
Amber Hurst

IN



About
I have been writing since I was a little girl..I love it, it's the best way for me to express emotion more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mad Love Mad Love

A Poem by Sky





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5