Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

Just remember, Sergeant. You need us. Not the other way around. You'll come to appreciate our efforts in the future.

"
The two policemen looked at the symbol on her wrist.

"So you're an actual Guardian in the flesh."one of them said. "So your judging these people based on crimes they have committed ?" he asked.

The Younger girl responded "Yep, past atrocities or crimes committed."

A few squad cars pulled up just as the taller woman exited the building. The younger girl turned to a man that walked up to her and saluted.

"Well, s**t. It looks like we got here too late." The man put her thumb and forefinger to the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. "Well, how many did Kyung-ah take out this time?" As if on queue the woman walked up to answer.

"Only two fatalities were the result of this case." She answered, her voice not wavering. 

"Only two?" The officer sighed and turned back to the girl. "Qian Lin, I told you to keep your partner on a leash. These acts of violence towards captured criminals does not put the police force in a positive light."

"Who cares what kind of light the police force is in?" The girl, Qian, answered. "Crime has significantly dropped since we were given your cases. We are only helping you because we want to. And believe it or not, you need us." The officer nodded and stole a glance at at the other two men.

"You two are dismissed." The two officers left quickly and the sergeant turned back to the two girls. "So what now?"

"We are starting an investigation of our own that might actually be within direct Guardian interest. If you could excuse us we have a trail to follow." Qian started walking towards their car with the woman, Kyung-ah, directly behind her. Qian stopped and turned to towards the officer.

"Just remember, Sergeant. You need us. Not the other way around. You'll come to appreciate our efforts in the future." Kyung-ah had already started the car and was waiting inside patiently. 

"Is she an android?" The Sergeant asked nodded his head towards the waiting car. Qian looked at Kyung-ah and smiled. 

"I don't think so. But the way she acts plays off like one, huh? She takes orders and follows them precisely. But I've seen her eat a couple of snacks before and drink so i don't think she's cybernetic." Qian started to enter the car. "We have other matters to attend to. We'll confirm everything in your report so you don't have any blood on your hands." With that Qian closed the door and the car sped off.

**

Qian brought out a device and a holographic display screen appeared. "So they were here, starting, two months ago but there were only three of them to start. The number grew rapidly but none of them possessed any abilities. I think that's all of them for this particular area."

Qian continued knowing that she wouldn't get a reaction out of Kyung but she was listening. "North-East, South, and North-West. I followed the one south but he lost me through a small alley in Kyun-Zah."

Kyung- Ah spulled out a small machine and frowned. Qian followed by commenting "No abnormal readings here either."

After an hour and a half drive they arrived at their initial destination and the nearby ruins of the city. As the girls walked up to a large crumbling skyscraper they noticed something scrawled across the building. It was painted over and illegible but still noticeably there. The two decided to ignored the paint and stepped through where the front doors used to be. There seemed to be signs of recent activity though how recent was unclear. The entire floor looked as if a party was thrown and ended with a wrecking ball smashing the place.

Qian almost tripped over a pile of debris. "Is this the place we had give us signs of activity?"

Kyung-ah didn't reply while rummaging around near a large desk, "No, This is what happens when you don't return for over four years." She finally replied. 

Qian looked at Kyung and walked into the room. As she entered she saw a large table with papers and maps strewn around the floor all of them weathered and old.

Qian quickly called out. "I found a map of the area and it has a destination on it. It looks like it will lead us to some type of ruins." Qian looked at Kyung-Ah entering the room and said " Well then lets get going." 


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on July 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 1, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne