Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

Things are getting very tense here in Europe. Executives and politicians are being killed and everyone is afraid to take their place.

"
The plane ride was pretty long. At least it was to Zack. He normally didn't travel outside of Japan.

The Guardians, as far as Zack knew that were in Japan, consisted of himself and Yu. His sister, Lara, was a Justicar and was wherever Justicars live. His daughter, Akino, did once show signs of having abilities of Light but showed no signs of being a Guardian. She said she wanted nothing to do with it and just wanted to live a normal life anyway. After high school she immediately went to America to study abroad. Zack had no objections and neither did his wife, Xana. If he could keep his daughter away from the fighting then he would.

"We're here." Yu's voice cut through his thoughts. He hardly realized that the plane was now hovering over an airport. As Zack and the others exited their plane and entered the terminal they were greeted by Elisa and a crowd of reporters and onlookers. 

Elisa looked at Yu and gave him a brief nod. Her mind was clearly occupied with other thoughts besides giving a warm welcome. Zack and his company made their way to Elisa, who started guiding them through the crowd and out of the terminal. 

"Where did all these people come from?" Zack found himself shouting in order to be heard above the numerous people asking questions hoping that they would be the one to have a decent story to boost the ratings of whatever network they worked for. 

"They knew of your coming. Just ignore them." Elisa answered.

"How was that?"

"I had to tell them something. Things are getting very tense here in Europe. Executives and politicians are being killed and everyone is afraid to take their place. Europe is becoming a war  zone and no one wants anymore surprises added with the riots and the extremist carrying out terrorist acts." It was a lot easier navigating through the crowd than Zack thought and then he noticed the large amount of guards. All in black suits and sunglasses. It didn't take long until everyone was outside and in black SUV's. The back of the SUV contained seats that were facing towards each other which made it more convenient to speak to each other.

When the vehicles left for their destination Elisa continued. "Hello, Yu. It's been a while." Yu nodded. "I hope you're not too upset at any information I gave out. We need you."

"Is it important enough to try and bring me into this knowing what may happen." Yu asked. Elisa held Yu's stare.

"What happened back then is in the past. Right now we need to deal with this on going issue."

"This assassin?" 

"Yes. But this is no ordinary assassin. To have killed this many important individuals and still be roaming free makes me think we are dealing with an individual with Gifts. And powerful ones at that." 

"And what makes you think that?" Zack spoke up. 

"She just suddenly shows up, kills her target and any of their guards near them, and disappears as quickly as they came. Some think it's a group of people but I highly doubt it. Plus i can sense them."

"Hold on, you said 'she'. You suspect the assassin is a woman?" Elisa nodded.

"She wears a hooded jacket and combat boots. Her legs are exposed. That's either a boy with very feminine legs or a female." 

"So you know what she wears. What about her face?" Elisa shrugged and pulled out some pictures from a suitcase next to her seat. She handed the pictures to Zack, Yu, and Uriko. The pictures were blurry except one of the girl look at something under the camera that snapped the shot. She had bangs that ended below her eyes and she wore a surgical mask as well. 

"Well, that makes it difficult to tell too much about her identity huh? The hood over her head makes it hard to even tell if she has black or brunette hair as well." Zack murmured and then looked at Elisa with a serious expression. "You think you're a target." It was a statement. Elisa nodded her head. "That's why so many guards were around you when i came in."

"Why would you need guards?" Zack asked. "You can do more on your own than all of them combined."

"I am the daughter of the Queen in the Light Realm. I may be able to defend myself better than they can but what I don't have are extra pairs of eyes. They are a big help in scoping out potential threats. Most of the people murdered had dealings with other realms as well." Before another word could be uttered an explosion shook the vehicle. One of the escort vehicles ahead of them had been blown up.


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on July 27, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne