Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by VincentRayne
"

Lay waste to everything. Force the pathetic humans to reveal Yu’s location until he comes out of hiding…

"
The next few days, Yuki always found Yu already in bed by midnight. When she attempted to ask him of his whereabouts, all she got was a vague answer. Angered by his apparent nonchalant behavior, she eventually refused to sleep with him.

Her attempts at tracking Yu proved futile, for he had managed to cover his tracks with the ease of a ninja. Yuki, however, had not trained in ninjutsu, and always got stuck in the undergrowth.

Yu…what are you up to? Why won’t you tell me?

Yu may be keeping something from her, but Yuki was doing the same, holding secret the fact that Cassandra was reforging his sword. Luckily, the forge was located some distance away and Yu never suspected anything.

Meanwhile, back at the healing springs, Yu examined his right arm. The discolored bruises have been steadily fading, and he could close and open his fist. Although bending his arm was still slightly an issue, he no longer felt any pain.

“Your healing rate is amazing…even with kuji-in, I’ve never seen anyone recover that fast.” Hana remarked.

“Im that lucky, I guess.” Yu replied, though he knew that wasn’t the case. Though he was “free” of the sinister Mark of Ergon, it seemed that it had left him with some curious regenerative abilities.

He was almost there. Soon, he would be able to fight once more. As he made to leave the spring, he felt a prickling sensation on his neck, and glanced at his surroundings.

“Saw something?”

“No…I think I was mistaken…” Yu said, as his gaze trailed off. He had learnt to trust his instincts, and something was wrong. But what?

He looked up into the sky and realized that it had turned a pale gray, with storm clouds on the horizon.

“Seems we lost track of time..its going to rain cats and dogs soon! I’d hurry if I were you.” Hana said, helping Yu finish wrapping the new set of bandages around his arm.

Nodding his thanks, Yu pulled on the wide brimmed straw hat he received from his ninja partner and made his way down.

***
On the crest overlooking the village where Yu lived, five hooded figures stood, glancing at the settlement. One of them approached the figure at the front.

“Is this the place?”

“…There’s no doubt. My sources have been extremely reliable. This is where he resides now.” 

“So then…what are your orders?”

“Lay waste to everything. Force the pathetic humans to reveal Yu’s location until he comes out of hiding…”

The figure bowed and signaled to the three others behind him. One by one, they vanished in a swirl of dark energy.

The lone person remaining withdrew her hood and drew her weapon �" a chainsaw black as night, etched with various runes. She glared at what was before her, before allowing herself a satisfactory smirk.

“Time to have my revenge.”


© 2014 VincentRayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on July 27, 2014
Last Updated on July 27, 2014


Author

VincentRayne
VincentRayne

Los Angeles, CA



About
I'm pretty quiet and keep to myself most of the time but I don't mind expressing myself through creativity. I love drawing, writing, playing the guitar, bass, violin, and piano. I play video games as .. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by VincentRayne