Silence

Silence

A Story by Me_VeeBee
"

A saga

"

It was a rainy day. He sat under the tree. Trembling hands and fading memory came as a part of his old age. His mind repeatedly reminded him of a blurred image. It seemed so wild and away, alien and un-natural. He tried to focus on it, but he couldn't figure out whom she was. He must not have met many women of hair as long and beautiful as this, he thought. But he could not connect with the image and his brain failed him. He looked up at the sky. “Who’s she”, he asked his heart. Heart couldn't find an answer. There was an uncomfortable silence.

------

He was playing with her in the rain. Mud and water, always being an exciting couple, decided to play sport on his jean. He never took them seriously for he was there enjoying her smile. She brought a lot of happiness to his life. He had become a less aggressive and a more responsible human being, ever after her arrival. He watched her beautiful, long hair going through its stress limits, as she happily danced in the rain. She ran to him and hugged him tight and said “Papa! Let’s go inside. You will get cold.” He hugged her back and her love made him wet than the rain. He looked at her searching for words. His eyes gave a silent nod.

------

He woke up late to the smell of coffee his wife has brought into their bedroom. He could see his wife smiling and turning away shyly unable to look into his eyes. He had been married for a few days now and the magic of their relationship was still afresh. He heard the sounds of rain coinciding with the tut-tut sound of her placing the coffee mug on desk. He smiled back at her and held her hand with a shy look. She pulled her hand and turned to run away in ecstasy. He watched her long beautiful hair jump to her movement. The room was filled with love of silence.

-----

“Look outside son, God is sending magical water to make the flowers smile”, she explained. He watched her as she fed him the food. “Mama! How is your hair so long? Will my hair also grow this much when I become a big man?” He asked his mother. His mother took his innocent child with care and planted a kiss on his forehead and wondered how to answer her child. He stared back at her in silence waiting for her to answer.

.

© 2014 Me_VeeBee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on November 9, 2014
Last Updated on November 9, 2014
Tags: silence, hair, Mama, rain

Author

Me_VeeBee
Me_VeeBee

Hyderabad, India



About
In the search of craziness and the craziness of the search, I remain well-defined...! more..

Writing
It. It.

A Poem by Me_VeeBee


Mine Mine

A Poem by Me_VeeBee