The Shadow of Death: The Journey

The Shadow of Death: The Journey

A Chapter by Victorya702
"

Chapter 1. Page 18. 2 Paragraphs.

"

   The following day I stood up and walked to the podium, I pulled the microphone close, and began. This was my sister’s funeral, the casket was closed and I was never strong enough nor able to look at her, it was too much for me to bear. She walked out of my house on April fifth, and she was gone in the blink of an eye. I was never able to sit with her at the hospital before she left; no one ever contacted me that she had been hurt or in trouble and in need of me. I was never able to kiss her good by and say one last time while she still breathed life; I love you.

  Guilt suddenly took over I had not protected her. For the past week I was taking zanex an anti-depressant regularly, while just a short time before it was always an effort on my part just to take a pill for a headache. And so I began to speak my farewell, the perfect good-bye from the heart, I had found it in a poem. Her life’s journey had come to an end, and the end to her suffering.



© 2009 Victorya702


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 18, 2009
Last Updated on May 18, 2009


Author

Victorya702
Victorya702

Las Vegas, NV



About
I am a Christian who is inspired by, and writes on Christian faith and principles. I live in the desert and have 3 daughters and one son whose ages are from 9- 29. I work in educational development .. more..

Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Chapter by Victorya702