When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 7

When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 7

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

Why does a change in your life have to occur before you really know about yourself?

"

        Once the detention door shut and Mrs. Thew was gone Nuala and I let out our breath in unison. "We are the only one is here today?" Nuala asked, looking around at the empty desks around us. "Yet she still leaves us alone... I love this school!"

        "It's your first day and you already love the school! I think that's a new record." I chuckled and jumped right out of my desk. "What should we do?" I asked her.

         "Well," She began, getting out her cellphone and a folded strip of paper from her pocket. "I'm puting your number in my phone and then, I want pictures of our artworks!" She pointed to her face and then turned her phone on. I followed her example and got mine out too.

          "I should probably tell my mom I'm going to be home late too. What about you?" I laughed as I put her number into my phone. "Well, I've been through this so many times, my mom automatically knows that if I don't come home on time, I'm in detention." She snickered and held her phone up to me.

         "Now? But I'm having such a bad hair day!" I said in a mock cheerleader voice. "Oh come on gorgeous!! Just make it work!" Nuala replied, turning her phone various ways as she snapped pictures. "Oh yeah! Work it! Work it! Now give me pouty!" I gave her my best puppy dog face, but couldn't hold it and burst into laughter.

        "My turn!" Nuala put her phone up and jumped onto Mrs. Thew's desk, posing like a model with a hand under her chin and another across her outstretched legs. "Come on you sexy beast! Grrrr!!!!" I joked. Nuala gave me the finger and I laughed so hard the picture ended up being mostly of the ceiling.

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          "Detention?" Mark asked the second I walked in the door. I nodded and threw my bag in the corner by the coat rack and ran to the kitchen, where my mom was waiting at the table for me.

          "Detention?" She asked. "Do you even have to ask?" She sighed. "What did you do this time?" I grinned and showed her one of the pictures I had taken of Nuala. "Who's that?"

           "Her name is Nuala. She's new here and they asked me to give her a tour of the school. We were talking during class, Nuala smarted off to Mr. Holmes, we got in trouble." My mom's mouth dropped. "Wait. So does this mean..." I nodded, knowing the rest of the question. "Yay!!! You made a friend!!" She jumped from the table and wrapped me in a bear hug. "Ok, mom, you don't have to treat me like I'm in kindergarten."

            "Oh, oops. Sorry. I'll keep cool, chillax, and just ummm..peace out!" I shook my head and closed my eyes tight, letting the embarrassment I call mom walk out of the room.

             I jumped at the vibration coming from my pocket. Text from Nuala, of course.

 

Nuala: Hey! What up?!? Guess who this is

Me: Jessica!!! OMG! I've been waiting all day for you to text! How's my BFF?!?

Nuala: Haha, come on Mel...

Me: Wait...Who is this? Jessi! Don't play with me now...

Nuala: HAHAHA! I got ya didn't I, Kayla?

Me: You so did! That's sooo not nice Jessi!

 

           "Hey, if that's Nuala you're texting, invite her over for dinner tomorrow." My mom shouted.

 

Nuala: Teehee. I'm a tricksta!!

Me: Hey, Jessi, wanna come over for dinner tmrrow?

Nuala: Hell yeah, Kayla!!

         

            I gave a thumbs up to my mom. "Yay!!!" She squealed.

 

Me: Oh no. I'm scared now. My parents are known for embarrassment.

Nuala: Oh, after you meet my parents, yours will probably be a vacation. Well, anyways, g2g finish unpacking. TTYL Mel.

Me: See ya Nuala.



© 2010 Varissa Darke


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love those characters and they both remind me of one of my best friends
Keep Writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 22, 2010
Last Updated on July 22, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing