When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 3

When Home is Nowhere: Chapter 3

A Chapter by Varissa Darke
"

It's 17 year-old Meliara's job to show the new girl around. Who could know that what seems to be such a harmless friendship, lead to a such a disater?

"

      I slowly, and extremely cautiously parked my dad's Mustang back into the driveway, trying to avoid any type of damage to such a magnificent and important vehicle. That car is my dad's life. Sometime's I think he loves the car more than me. But then again, if he did, why would he let me borrow it?

      I walked into the house, with a grin on my face, and tossed the keys to my father. "No scratches?" He asked immediatley. "Nope."

      "No dents?" I shook my head. "Nope. No damages of any kind. I made it to school just as the morning bell began to ring. No tardy slip for me!" I said, still holding on to my grin.

       "What's up with the smile?" My little bother, err, excuse me, brother, Mark, asked with his normal annoying brother tone. "Finally make a friend?" I flashed my tounge his way. "Maybe. I guess I'll find out tomorrow." He raised his eyebrows. "Who would want to be friends with you?"  I smirked, knowing right away the perfect comeback.

        "You know, I ask you that same question every time you have friends over." He put his hands on his hips and glared at me. "You know," I began. "Only girls and gay guys put their hands on their hips." He continued to glare, but quickly dropped his hands.

         "Hey Mel!" My father finally shouted. "Enough of that!" My brother smiled a victory grin and I once again flashed my tounge and stormed up the stairs into my room.

          Once in my room, I got into my normal routine of throwing my bag somewhere onto the floor, then grabbing a cd, sliding it into my radio, turning it up as loud as it will go, then getting out any homework I have.

           Everyday, a little while after I start my homework, I hear my dad's annoyed footsteps storming up the stairs. I put my pencil down and wait for him to yell, "Turn that down!"

           I groan, I turn the radio down, he storms back down the stairs, blah, blah, blah. It's the same every day. I really might as well just keep the radio down, but I don't just for the pleasure of having my dad yell at me.  I don't really understand. I guess I just don't have any other form of entertainment. Maybe a new person would bring some spice to my life.

           Once my homework is finished, I'm still in my everyday routine. I get up, put my school stuff back in my bag, then go downstairs and play video games with my brother for a while.

            "Hey Mel," He begins the second my feet touch the living room carpet, as if nthing had happened erlier. "Guess what Greg let me borrow," I grinned. It had to be something good, or else he wouldn't be talking like that.

             I crashed down onto the couch beside him. "What?" He sudddenly pulled out a game case with no cover slip in it, taunting me with the suspense of knowing what game was inside. Yeah, I'm a geek.

             "Come on! What is it?" I pleaded. He laughed. "God. Calm down. It's Guitar Hero 5!" I giggled with excitement and took the case out of his hands and opened it up. Sure enough, that's whjat it was. "No f*****g way!" i yelled out. I suddenly covered my mouth. Mark started to laugh. "God. You seem excited. Better be glad mom and dad aren't around right now."

             I quickly slid the game into the x-box  and got my personalized explorer from the corner ofd the room. My luck, at the beginning of the game when it show the party play thing, the first song was Medicate by AFI. "Let's play it!" I shouted with excitement. "Of course." Mark muttered to himself.

            This is probably the most enjoyable time of my routine. I hate my brother until we get out the x-box. Sometimes I think he lets me win, unless it's guitar hero. He sucks at that. But I don't mind it when he does win. I just challenge him at a different game. He's really not so bad.

           



© 2010 Varissa Darke


Author's Note

Varissa Darke
Sorry if it's kinda confusing or if there are any typos.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hm geeks can be fun
xD
Good chapter

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on May 29, 2010


Author

Varissa Darke
Varissa Darke

AR



About
Hi! My name is Abby, or Varissa to some. I am the 6th child of 8. I love music, such as AFI, Cinema Bizarre, Tokio Hotel, Before Their Eyes. (Just to name a few.) I love anime, including Vampire Knigh.. more..

Writing