Huhu

Huhu

A Story by Mikael Malmberg
"

...huhu.

"
Huhuö.

Oh, sorry. I meant Huhu.

Huhuö means something like eskimo cheese, so it wouldn't make sense for me to say that. Huhu is just something to say when you've just arrived somewhere and feel like talking; or rather, that is what "huhu" means to me. Rather fascinating, is it not? Well, probably not.

But that's just one of its hundreds of billions of meanings. It has several meanings, each suitable for a special occasion, and to add to the number, each person interprets the word in a different manner.

See, to someone else "huhu" could mean that he is exhausted; that he is relieved; that he is pleased. We can never know, and sometimes it's maddening when you think about it: How many misunderstandings could be solved, if we all just had the same meanings for these idioms?

Now, I have hard time imagining that such a thing would be creative or 'free' in our way of thinking, but if there indeed was a sort of a group mind, one that connected each and every one of us, controlled our minds and the ways we interpretted things - would it be a good thing? So much could be better. But so much could be lost.

Just another thought I had today.




© 2012 Mikael Malmberg


Author's Note

Mikael Malmberg
I felt like writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting essay. watch "two and a half men" for a few episodes and you'll see a whole new venue for "hoohoo"

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mikael Malmberg

11 Years Ago

Haha, I have to check that out!

Now looking back at this, I should think I was in a cr.. read more
Well thank you for giving me another word to use when I'm tired or bored or don't know what else to say. I'm getting tired of saying "soup" all the time, which is one of my favorite, nondescript words (not to mention meal).

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mikael Malmberg

11 Years Ago

Haha, yes.

I use huhu a lot in my day-to-day conversations, often without even thinking.. read more
Marie

11 Years Ago

Not if no one knows what it means.
Mikael Malmberg

11 Years Ago

Why, that is exactly why it's a wild card.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 18, 2012
Last Updated on December 19, 2012

Author

Mikael Malmberg
Mikael Malmberg

Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland



About
I write on-and-off, but writing is a permanent interest for me. There's never going to be a time when I won't be interested in the art of writing, the arrangement of words, their style and rhythm and .. more..

Writing
Free Free

A Story by Mikael Malmberg