Chill-Out (in the night they’re all asleep)

Chill-Out (in the night they’re all asleep)

A Poem by UnendingOceans
"

A prose-poem

"

In my dreams I hear the sounds of a hundred wishes to make in the morning. They echo off each other and in my head, flowing out my ears as I sleep-walk-shuffle across my kitchen-discotheque. 


In my dreams I have fleas and long, shaggy hair to shake them from. Who knows how long they’ve been feeding on me. I settle on a park bench and look up at the stars, remembering life before, when it wasn’t so cold out. Yeah, I remember. 


In my head burn a lot of questions I want answers too. But if curiosity is a hunger, I’m fasting because I know no one will answer. Makes me want to fly with the owl that lands on the street light. 


The cityscape is omnipresent with droning traffic that cops can’t stop. The madness we all really want is to be free from the monotone drip-drop city pop pipes, broken and pouring onto dirt making mud, spelling what we think our names used to be until the sun set and it became perpetual night.  


Yeah, I remember… 

© 2012 UnendingOceans


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I used to sit on the sea walls and watch the herd gather round the firepits and old chem drums. Cold was a state of mind ...you shivered 'til you didn't - have a mind or weren't cold.

If your mind was ok you dressed layered and newspapers were good insulation. Being wet sucked. Anyways good thoughts man.

Posted 12 Years Ago


UnendingOceans

12 Years Ago

Being cold does suck. And thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on August 14, 2012
Last Updated on August 14, 2012

Author

UnendingOceans
UnendingOceans

About
Sometimes writing is painting for me. Either way, I like sharing it. more..

Writing
Thaw Thaw

A Poem by UnendingOceans