Technological Schisms Within Jobhunting

Technological Schisms Within Jobhunting

A Story by UncleFossil
"

Word-count Range: 2454 word-count main article. Originally the last article from Patch Media: Pinellas Beaches before I was deplatformed.

"

Reunited with this article; also known as the last article I did before I got deplatformed from Patch Media when Highland Park, Illinois happened. Think of it this way; formatted in a way that would have new visuals from the Nokia 2760 and treatment from the onn. Generation 3 Android 12 tablet. FictionPress.com short story from 2003 mentioned from the biography section that was a bit of a hidden gem.





Technological Schisms Within Jobhunting

Word-count: 2454 range [originally on Patch Media: Pinellas Beaches]

 



How I knew these schisms play up? Well.... I will explain; just try to show a reference to FictionPress.com from another who had a work surface on the Biography section when mine appeared months later though both works are 20 and 19 years old respectively... Okay scenario; there is a documentary going around Orlando, Florida, and one from The Villages -- if the means to work with someone who is from Woodstock, Illinois, whose mother lives in The Villages or the publisher [well she stepped down from that project] on Blurb.com whose daughter had lived in Kissimmee. 

The thing asking to be respectful; respectful doesn't wear thin on that patience.

"If the longform based framework is that aspect to get out there, why even try to even haggle for brevity?" 

I am sure some of you may noticed the signs along the PSTA bus route of no trespassing show up. Homeless Voice related some of these around the area yet when the opening for someone to work with Blurb in San Fransisco shows up -- often more the chance to throw a McJob at them before the chance to get published is part of the picture. FictionPress.com being from Los Angeles, California, and been around since the early part of the current century. So those who might not look at this along the lines, "Wait a minute, what is he pointing out?"

There are those who get published in the small press barely making ends meet, fallacies when those who work places that often frown upon freelance-publishing have origins on LiveJournal often being the ones on the receiving end of brunt they've got for years at best. 

Aspects what I am seeing with the neighbor posts both in Pinellas Beaches and with those in their Illinois counterparts back home in Joliet, I am going to ask if someone provided a resource such as Joliet Junior College: Wordeater or Prairie Light Review from the 1980s-1990s era in the fold, how would some examine the technology-optional view of thriving? 

Arguments I've seen and noted, "people barely understand modern aspects of the Digital Age, they cling onto whatever analog treasures they have left."

I've seen on Pinellas Beaches Neighbor Posts asking for help with a place to stay alone; yet when given a chance to get access to a flash-drive for less than a bottle of soda -- then a word processor that's housed on such a flash-drive well it's a free download.  I'm often cussed at by those who aggressive panhandle when I am trying to provide a legit means to at least be able to get them a way to be contacted if not having access to a mailing address.

Current as I speak, chasing around parcels from around the world to sometimes in St. Petersburg, Florida, and to Illinois -- some of those parcels made it to Woodstock and Wonder Lake, though having to act as the one making sure the FedEx based parcels stay put because what happened in Mayfield, Kentucky, even eBay admitted they'd never let this even happen again.   So those who have that hyperlocal sense of a lens how would you try to come in examining a hard question without a sunday-school type response, when access to a community college surfaces -- then access to websites you'd normally not have access to.  Knowing brevity isn't part of the picture, why haggle for brevity knowing that?

Don't even go in with that dog-n-pony show about why you thrive on being techless either, I had read of the article going around during Covid-19 in Florida how landlines are being phased out. 

New York removed the last of its existing payphones, and when I was published in 2007 written my piece in 2006 saw the swan-song of them in and around Chicago.  The thing which I came across on Blurb.com gave my cousin's contributor a potency rivaling those from the era when my rosters and their alumni had been the most active.

True, someone might hear some strong language undercurrents in that commentary -- I know I heard it with some of those who I am not naming though speaking with those in and around Tampa, the ideas on the fold. Via Instagram revealed she has access than iPhone; my cousin's neighbor in around the Algonquin-Lake In The Hills area I had to research what iPhone she worked with so I knew what iOS this is. 

Yet when someone on Blurb.com reissued their release from the 1990s; upon the release of my cousin and classmate's anthology -- The Merchant in St. Petersburg, Florida, even hinted how the area still champions the vanity press.  Scenario, the gridlock becomes when an opening command the 2000-2500 minimum word count, someone threw fallacy such as word-count or human life then saying I was making, 'demands' when submission guidelines are just part of an anthology or magazine protocol.

"Don't be that truthful with us, we prefer the ethical lying over the honesty."

Well I cannot be a habitual liar when it comes to doing a Creative Nonfiction anthology; longform.org being the focus yet the framework among those looking still insist to peddle brevity -- no-tech journaling or not even seeing where access to a word processor is free; then a flash-drive costing less than a bottle of soda in some places.  When those who are trying to instill more drabble; truth is not happening and especially where the approach knowing what happened in recent events why would the masses still even enforce the approach that brevity will be the thing getting that opening -- it's at best, unacceptable.

Wait how many neighbor points am I looking at?  

Okay seeing how Google Maps noted I reached 12,000 views with a few pictures contributed -- not bad at all; though when you have those who are Wish Pickup might have the flu; you have to consider having Wish.com not send your order back.   A few don't even see the use of a flash-drive as this plausible, though irony enough USPS and NPR didn't even know they stumbled upon ideas that Joliet Junior College and College of DuPage both were throwing this idea back and forth in 2010 for a method to get short story submissions.

I'm using QJot to write this one because I want to see how this worked with an article that the thought-process is there how to come in, asking The Typewriter Revolution, "How would you open the door for those who have the hip and ankle monitors from the residential prison facilities using lofty wording as productive member of society?  There is a cycle between those homeless and incarcerated; also putting those in a spot where they're constantly techless on top of it."

Yet when seeing an alleged journalist pulling his work on Medium caught side-eyeing Matt Carroll and Andrew Ian Dodge then caught treating the Chicago Tribune 1993-1994 case file on my classmate like it was unimportant.  I began asking how much of his work did he try to embellish to make himself look valid against works like The Spotlight Investigation and the lone-wolf investigation of Christ Advocate Hospital lampshading events that became the parking lot waiting rooms in the rest of the Great Lakes region.

Asking for a version of a local angle, I am going to ask this hard question -- when those who see a thought-provoking question, why would someone try to greet it with a Sunday-School response or Sunday-School answer when trying to dodge a resource -- in 2014 Vice Media had a documentary know as Perm Temp; that actually went on far longer than what they reported.

When my cousin and classmate, then a contributor of theirs gained access to The Weekly Challenger archives; put it this way. Esque Dollar M. Ed ended up getting more than what he bargained for as Ibena Asante [relocated to Rochester, New York, from New Orleans,] co-curated the entry with one of my cousins and two classmates on the anthology.   Esque Dollar was part of the CreateSpace network who joined The Book Patch around that area too; he couldn't himself get something ready for my classmate though he with my classmate's cover contributor and another from that neighborhood had been credited as curators on a Creative Commons based article found from the posts of Facebook's The Weekly Challenger page {trying to see of the contributor has a Venmo account to get him paid $35.00 USD for that article we reprinted with use of an app that can mimick graphic novel images as pictures paired with this work were images from the era of Segregation in the 1960s South.}

Even the Holocaust Museum related to me, "Segregation never went away in St. Petersburg, Florida, it managed to remain evident into the 1990s."

I knew what exactly they were talking about, it was confirmed by both the Woodson Museum in recent history and with the Museum of History in St. Petersburg, hence getting the green-light to work with my cousins and classmate on their anthology.  The Merchant was the last business even to give me such a green-light; yet even then I knew the hurdles were there for my cousin and classmate to work on this anthology -- these hurdles even showed with my other classmate on Blurb.com.  It was almost hinted of why I wasn't even given the green-light with Blurb.com; it showed the ugly side of the polite views.

The contributor who came aboard working with the pennamed contributor Quinn Stokes worked with an A.I. because she had compartment syndrome -- frustrations grew with those on LinkedIn when caught among the masses willing to labor-gouge those who have arm trouble, more or less the ones who I asked to work with my cousin were caught advocating a McJob instead. Some of the remarks even peppered with ethnic slurs at me or my cousin no less, mind some of you he's Italian-Puerto Rican ancestry. 

So I know the start of that snarled term, and won't repeat it -- though when seeing the St. Pete Patch location too; a few flagged the comment when I basically told the truth about NextDoor, Blurb.com and Wish being neighbors in real life along with VolunteerMatch.org -- some of the nonprofits felt like they had been flat out insulted when I asked them to slow down on my inbox,  because I needed these to be able to talk with my freelance bosses in Scottsdale, San Fransisco, New York and Toronto.

Lagging problem becomes when those who try to stick volunteer work overlapping what becomes manual labor.  I don't engage in solutions journalism; it's not my style I had approached a more street-level approach for years though I am going to put this out there -- researched how much a Hermes 3000 costs then seeing how much iPads on ebay run for [refurbished not bad,] though I am going to put this out there.  When someone is getting a tablet, why put emphasis on a job search with this one can use that tablet to try and be published with the right word processor finds along with use of a flashdrive being in the fold too?

Even when a few temp-agencies knew what I was doing, "You're onto something though I am not sure who will end up catching on, this is too much of a community college rooted idea for what is seen out here.  I don't even know how to word this -- though some of the apps might not work on older iOS models, being iOS 12.5.5 or iOS 13 being outmoded."

When I got my iPad repaired from uBreakiFix -- I almost had cut my finger sending an email, those who made analog suggestions should rethink this for those who may need access to a tablet, then providing word processors on these. 

Why would some still even insist on doing resume production when the means isn't asking for that? 

This harder truth for those looking; I am sure some aren't even thinking of using Patch like a word processor too -- it could work just save as a draft after seeing the 2700-2800 word range then hit Control + A [Select All] then paste this into Microsoft Write (found this too in passing searching around my laptop.)  

Seeing a work such as the one on FictionPress.com in the Biography Section from March of 2003, why would some even not give such an idea the thought when something in the 2500-5600 range will have far better chances in a magazine than a newsletter model?

Between Andrew Freidman and Kurtis Tompkins -- they both see the masses who do fall through the cracks as much as I do; often when those who are looking for work. Why would often frown upon aspects working on a possible anthology-entry or try and produce a journalistically-driven chapbook with The Book Patch? 

One may never know who stumbles upon an obscure short story then ends up getting a word-processor,  "I want to try working on something similar to this size looking in the Biography Section of FictionPress.com, do you think there will be anthologies or magazines who'd take a chance with it?"

This is far more plausible than working with a Hermes 3000 or Royal in the modern era; been that plausible since the use of AOL and GMX being in the early-to-late 20th Century history books.  Why would someone even nose up at that type of opening if those have access to zWrite, RichTexture, FreeOffice: TextMaker 2018 for Android, Zoho Writer on all platforms, AbiWord 2.8 Portable, Qjot or Jarte Plus 6.2 and the fresh versions of LibreOffice 7.3.  Kenneth Heimbuch is responsible for building Q-Jot and it would prove interesting to have tapped those who built word processors to get published using them. 

Yet asking, "How would one examine the view of World History from the eyes of those who basically at best, have Sunday-School honors over having some college? When the European Union-based DW did the report on Evangelicals In America -- they didn't hold back."

The debates will open, questions asked then suggesting those to come in drawing their own conclusions when an opening to be published on the table for a longer-range work then a chance to work with a bank that's a digital one -- Dave.com or Chime.com for example [you can take these bank cards to any stores, operate like how Green Dot does, to put cash on them.]  With working in the small press; and within fields working with Kobo Writing Life, Draft2Digital.com or Blurb.com -- there would be no job-fairs for looking for this kind of opening; it's a word-of-mouth type deal. More so with TheBookPatch.com, them too, if looking in the right place.  


© 2024 UncleFossil


Author's Note

UncleFossil

Did some work overall on the layout based upon what was originally written from QJot giving some of the photos an AI-treatment all them &Copy; era 2022-2024 from me. So those working with my cousin via Blurb.com you're going to get a jist what to expect in terms of narrative journalism


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on May 12, 2024
Last Updated on May 12, 2024
Tags: pinellas-beaches, keep-33701-luddite, narrative-journalism, longreads.com, longform.org

Author

UncleFossil
UncleFossil

Joliet, IL



About
I grew up in the Chicago area and a long time Illinois resident. I am published and a publisher of other writers. This is where you will find my samples of investigative journalism along with my wo.. more..

Writing