An Ordinary Day

An Ordinary Day

A Story by Alex Beeler

Sometimes he would wake up in those awkward moods, sitting up, not knowing how he would survive through the sleepless nights as he stares at nothing but a blank. His mom turns on the light to the room. His eyes widen and the vision black for what seems like forever. The eyes adjust as he slams his hand down on the table searching for his second pair of eyes. He slips his glasses on and everything that was a blur is 20/20. Y so tired from the three hours of sleep from the night before, He doesn't know how he is alive right now.

He can't even manage to crawl out of bed, so he does the only thing possible.

He goes limp, falling out of the bed slamming onto the floor. He slams so hard that he hears a couple cracks, probably ribs breaking. He slowly rises to meet and greet the blazing ball of fire known as the sun. He walks with a limp and shallow breathing into the bathroom turning on the light switch. The light doesn't burn his eyes so bad this time. He looks into the mirror with disgust. He turns the faucet on, the water is steaming hot. He lets the water fill the sink as he begins to put toothpaste on his toothbrush. He turns off the faucet and submerges his face into what seems like the hottest water he has ever felt. But his face feels good and clean; all those impurities have been washed away.

He lets the sink drain for a minute as he looks into the mirror at the deep yellow of teeth that somehow survive in his mouth. You wonder if they will fall out soon. He brushes them anyway just to have fresh smelling breath.

He never smiles anyway.

He walks back into the sun lit room; dropping down to the floor with a moan, thinking one of his ribs pierced a lung. Rummaging through a pile of clean, dirty, or slightly worn clothes to pick out something to wear he decides on a white t-shirt because it looks clean and doesn't smell of body odor.
Then he finds a pair of jeans. He is very picky about his jeans, so he only has a few pairs. The pair he likes the most are those Levi denim jeans he stole from Macy's three months back. They aren't dirty and he wears them all the time. They have a comfortable fit against his legs that he likes, not like those girl jeans that press against his junk and makes his balls sweat.

It was warm out that day so he thought in his head that the best pair of shoes that day will be his adidas sambas. They are nothing special just dark black with white adidas stripes on them, comfortable with a nice fit, like all adidas shoes. He looks around to find his keys, cell phone, and wallet. They are all scattered about his room because he really didn't care where each item landed the day before. They weren't hard to find. His keys were on his desk next to the keyboard and monitor. His cell phone was on the charger in his bed, and his wallet was just in the middle of floor next to the piled up clothes. He checks the wallet to see if he has anything of importance: money, credit card, driver's license, and a student I.D. It's all there, as if by some chance he got robbed in the middle of the night. Now he feels secure.
He finally stands at an upright position. He walks out his bedroom door, his dad still sleeping in the spare bedroom, mom in the kitchen sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of coffee. They must have gotten into a fight over something not worth fighting over. His parents never really fight, but when they do they go at it hard. He stops and stares at his mother for a minute

"I love you." He mutters.

She gives him a grim look. He slowly walks to the front foyer, down the steps and out of the house walking to his car, a Benz that was his eighteenth birthday present. He slowly opens the door and bends down inside the car. Taking a seat he takes a minute to think about his life. He starts the car and the music blares in his ears as he turns it down, life isn�t so bad he thought, it might be O.K. today.

© 2008 Alex Beeler


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

interesting. i liked it. although i laughed at some parts even though i shouldn't have but i imagined you literally falling out of bed. haha. anyway, where in mr. beeler's mind did this come from?

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
1 Review
Added on February 13, 2008
Last Updated on February 13, 2008

Author

Alex Beeler
Alex Beeler

louisville, KY



About
Writing. Culture. Movies. Language. Vinyls. Technic SL1200MK2. Wii. XBOX 360. Bicycles. Travel. Reading. more..

Writing
movies movies

A Poem by Alex Beeler


Pills Pills

A Poem by Alex Beeler