Untitled

Untitled

A Poem by Katie Smith
"

Something I wrote in my "Art and Emotions" group.

"
Let the red string of fate become unbound. Though your dream may be small, it still shines through. 
Let those who don't matter lie down and weep, hidden through the darkness like a sheet of ice. 
Let the music flow through you, let your voice be heard. Be strong. I know you can. 
May you sleep in comfort and peace, knowing full well that tomorrow will still be there. 
Every day is a restart. Every hope begins anew once the sun breaks through the morning clouds. 
You are worth more than the stars in the sky. You are worth more than your slurs. "Ugly..." "Fat..."
For God's sake, please stop calling yourself that! You are worth more than the pain you cause yourself. 
You are so much more than those scars. Please, I'm begging you...
Stop this internal battle. Let you voice and thoughts be heard. Let them know that you are here, and that you won't be taken down by those awful words!
You have a purpose in life, and though it may not be clear at the moment, or maybe even a year from now, I promise you:
You are meant to be here. I promise: YOU ARE NOT ALONE. 

© 2013 Katie Smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
Added on June 21, 2013
Last Updated on June 21, 2013
Tags: Journal, Art, Writing, Katie Smith

Author

Katie Smith
Katie Smith

Redmond, OR



About
I've been writing almost my entire life, but I would like to get critiques and reviews on my writing, so one day I could become a published author. more..