The White Cat

The White Cat

A Story by Tailed Ray
"

You play as a YCH (your character here) character, and you stumble across a white cat in a dark alley. All seems normal till you find out about its true identity.

"

You entered.


A white cat is sitting down, licking at their paw, minding their own business.


You approach them, thinking "What a cutie! Maybe I'll pet them"


As soon as you get close, they train their sights on you, looking into your soul, all movement frozen. You flinch a bit, but pay no mind to the discolor in their eyes. You extend your left hand to pet them, and you successfully do so, if not for the stinging pain in your hand. 


The cat's head suddenly splits in two, revealing a fleshy cavity within, filled to the brim with multiple sets of circular teeth. You fall backwards in shock, as the realization of both your hand gone, the thud of it hitting the floor, and the horror of the creature in front of you hits. 


Your breaths are heavy, each release deepening the feeling of dread coursing through your chest. You shuffle backwards a bit, putting distance between you and... that thing. 


Prepared to meet your demise, you find yourself surprised and relieved at the fact that the mouth that bit off your hand is slowly reverting into their cat counterpart. You see how flesh twists, cracks and molds itself into the cat's head. And they resume their grooming session. 


You stand there, lying down in complete awe and confusion at the sight before you. At least they're not aggressive? You piece together your actions prior to this moment and come to the conclusion that it was purely self-defense. You would put more thought into this, but the increasing pain in your hand wakes you into reality. 


You might bleed to death. 


Just then you realize there is no one near, you are stranded in a dark alley with impossibly long buildings either side of you. Your vision blurs as you feel your cheeks getting wet. 


"I-I don't want it to end like this...", you croak pitifully as you hold onto your now handless arm. 


You look at the cat in question. They are the reason you're in this predicament, even if it is your fault for approaching them. You try to blame them for your end, but you can't muster any hate towards them. Actually, you can only feel inspiration, a pull towards them. 


Being afraid to approach them again, but wanting closure, you throw your severed hand towards them, as an offer. 


Almost instantly the cat's tail transforms into a spear like tentacle and stabs the hand from the air, taking it closer to examine it. You brace yourself to see the cat transform into that hideous mouth again, but instead the tentacle splits into four sharp, smaller, scissor-like tentacles, and proceed to cut the four fingers off your hand, leaving the thumb as is. 


You tilt your head in confusion, curious at their action. 


Then the cat starts to approach you slowly, now with the four fingers in their tail, and your hand in their mouth. Your anxiety skyrockets as the worst comes into mind, preparing yourself to be rid of. 


But you don't move, you can't really. 


You lost a lot of blood, and the lightheadedness from it isn't helping. You just slouch from your semi-sitting position, accepting whatever comes next, only for your suffering to cease. You close your eyes and reminiscence about your life. You lived a fairly normal one. A successful student, got great parents, and found amazing friends. You lived a bit too normal. A life without excitement, without adventure. 


You remember how you wanted to be different, but your self-consciousness didn't let you. You shake your head at these thoughts, honestly bummed that you didn't accomplish anything. You let out a long shaky breath, letting your body relax amidst this chaos. 


"At least I died to something supernatural, right?" 


You wait for the moment you are severed from this reality. 


You wait in anticipation.


 ... . 


You're still.... waiting? 


You peek one eye open. You see the cat standing in front of you. You fully open both your eyes. You just stare at each other, uncertainty filling you. 


"Wha-", the moment you spoke up the cat started closing the distance, putting their front paws on your lap. You take your hands apart as if welcoming a hug, but the cat turns their head towards your bleeding arm. 


They start licking the blood from within. 


You let them do as they please, wincing a bit at the sting of the cat's tongue. 


Didn't know they liked blood, you think to yourself sarcastically. 


No more than a minute passes when they pull back, bright red staining their pure white snout, and your arm practically dried up. You give a short smile to the cat, satisfaction filling you up over the fact that you gave someone something on your last day. 


Even if it is to the weird creepy cat-monster thing. 


You take a second to admire the cat with your last strength. 


It's snow-like fur is contrasted deeply with the pitch-black tips on their ear, paws and tail. They have a soft look on their face, resembling a lady of royalty, fluffy cheeks, and bright, orange eyes. 


Those eyes that seem to radiate an unworldly warmth. 


You seem a bit too infatuated with the creature before you in a time of death, but you can't help spilling out your last words. 


"At least I'll give my body to you, kitty." 


As if on cue, the cat suddenly approaches their tentacle tail towards your arm, extending one of your fingers. They bite onto the finger, then touch it to your arm. You tilt your head sideways, seemingly nothing happening, but after a second you almost failed to keep your sanity. 


Your gut-wrenching scream left your body to tighten it's every muscle, making you grab onto your arm to pull it away. 


You grit your teeth as you pour your power into this last ditch effort, only to be immobilized by the cat's leg that had grown in size to pin your right arm to the ground. As you wallow in the immense pain all over your body, the cat offers its left arm for you to bite down on, as if they are doing this for your sake. 


You refuse by trying to get out of their hold, trying to get back on your legs, but the cat grows another arm just before it's legitimate one, three times the size, and pushes your head down on the ground, while still offering that left arm of theirs. 


Your thundering heartbeat is all you can hear, as you try to look to the sides for some kind of hope. 


You turn back at the cat, eyeing their arm. 


Reluctantly, you bite down. Hard. As if it'll relieve you of the pain. 


Upon biting down, you peak at the cat, seeing them nod slightly and focus their attention to your arm. As soon as they pushed that one finger of yours into your arm, you found yourself clenching your whole body, even surprised that you're not biting their arm off. 


It feels as though your arm is twisting at an excellent speed, thumping pain resonating from it. You push yourself on the ground, wishing it was instead an ocean, to flutter through the calming water. You squeeze your eyes shut as your whole body contorts outwards, but it being pushed down by the weight of the creature. 


After seconds, you feel as something foreign entered your arm, only to dissipate into your flesh. 


You regain your breath, trying to work with the enormous stress put upon your body, and peek at your arm in question, only to see the cat extending another one of your fingers there. You prepare for the worst, and for a good cause, cause right after the second one, came third and lastly the fourth finger. 


Your body is laying limp on the ground, exhausted from pain and the changes your arm took. 


At least that's what it felt like, if not for the obvious disappearance of those fingers. 


You just realized how hard you were biting down, feeling the taste of iron in your mouth, apparently from the dripping blood of the cat's arm. You open your mouth, and the cat takes its arm and lets the blood course inside your arm. 


The moment their blood interacts with your body you are washed with an immense lightheadedness, and as you try to regain your composure, you instead faint. 


~~~


You find yourself standing in a white void that spans an infinite distance, and you look over yourself for a second, your hand still intact, and so is the absence of any fatigue. 


You wander a bit through this space and spot black fumes rising from the ground. 


It seems to be localized, as it takes on the form of a semi spherical dome, swirling inside it an even denser smoke. 


You approach it rather incautiously, curious more than anything. Your instinct is telling you to get away from it, if not from the immense sweating and raise in your heart rate is telling you something. 


But a part of you, the discarded wonder of a soul, where it wants no more than to experience a world free of human society, of its norms and injustice, to be liberated from expectations, to not relate to the life of a human, seeks out the wonder right in front of you. 


So what if it gets you in trouble? So what if your life will be endangered? So what if you will lose your humanity? The only inhumane thing in this world are the humans themselves anyway. 


Content with your mindset, you peer into the black orb, and you can almost see something at the center of it. It's something white, a pearl of some sorts... You can't fully see it, so you try to get closer, you put your hands on the orb. Your face is mere inches away from its surface, and as you almost make up the thing, your hands pass through the sphere. 


In a moment of desperation you try to hold your body by the power of your legs and core, only to find that your hands are now being pulled by dark strings within the smoke. You pull back, but only to be pulled tenfold into the darkness. 


You fall in. 


You expected to hit the ground, but you find your body completely relaxed, limp even, as a somewhat heavier substance covers the atmosphere. You open your eyes and find yourself floating, or rather, simply being washed through an ocean, but only surrounded by darkness and even blacker strings of smoke...? 


These strings seem to lead to the center of this whole concept, and exactly where you are being pushed towards. When you finally reach the center, your expectations are broken. 


In the center lies asleep a white cat. With black tips on their paws, tail and ears. You feel a sort of familiarity, and as you are now at most a meter away from them, the cat opens their eyes and scans you. Its eyes are a dark green-ish orange, almost faded even. 


"Do you...." 


"..."


"...accept to offer your body..." 


"..." 


"...for our cause?" 


A low, mellow voice sprung out from the cat. Their coarse vocals and soft disposition sparked sympathy from you. 


"Maybe even..." 


"..." 


"...your soul, your eternity, your humanity." 


You try to process everything, from the talking cat to this whole place, and feel like you should know more before gambling with such a situation. 


"Where am I?" You ask the cat, spinning in place to grasp your surroundings. 


"This is your subconscious, a place where your inner workings are connected to your soul. This though..." They look around. "Is... a gift, you could say." 


"A gift? What do you mean?" 


You ask in a demanding manner, baffled more than anything. 


sigh "This is the source of that creature's existence. It's the mark of their authority on you. Treat me like a parasite." 


You stand and await for any more input. 


"...And also a connection between you and that creature." 


You raise your brows at that remark, finding it intriguing. 


"And... your cause, what do you want from me?


"That is something I don't know. I only deliver and corrupt.


You bring your hand to your chin, thinking deeply about your current predicament. It is obvious to you that the creature outside instilled in you this choice, but you don't know why. Why did it choose you, what does it want from you, or how you are going to change from this. 


"I-If I don't accept?", you ask in order to fully gauge where you stood in this matter, if you really have a choice. 


"That would be unfortunate, y'know?" The cat says nonchalantly. "You're given a chance at the bizarre, at something deeper." 


"I... I just want to know..." You exhale in a dull attempt at normalcy. 


"..."


"You die. That simple. You must be aware you are at deaths door without us, right?" 


You nod slightly, gulping at the realization. You suddenly combat your recent hesitation. What do you have to lose? Why are you so scared over something you're currently infatuated with? You can't help but admire the creature you met, as scary as they were. You realize your life meant nothing, you were just a speck in the grand scheme of things. But now, you can live. With a white cat monster of all things. 


You steel your mind and nerves and approach the cat. 


"I see you made up your mind? Very well, human." 


You extend your hand and pet the cat's head. 


Suddenly, the whole orb of darkness bursts open, spewing darkness all over the white void. You look back at the cat, and they jump into your chest, fading away, as if they were entering you. 


"Pleasure to have you, dear friend" 


The cat's words fade away into nothingness, as you stand in the white void. Then the space collapses, and you're falling down, only to find yourself awake in the same alley you fainted in. 


You quickly get up on your knees, checking your body all over. 


"Was it a dream?" 


You ask yourself after seeing your hand back where it was supposed to be. At least you're fine, right? You turn your hand with your palm up and find 4 lines that each start from the tip of your four fingers, leading down towards your wrist. 


"What the...? Crap, so it was real?" 


You turn your head forwards, spotting the same white cat licking their paw. 


You extend your marked hand towards them to pet them. You close your eyes, expecting to be bitten like before, but the cat leans their head in your hand, rubbing against it. 


"Huh... you're a cutie, y'know?" 


The cat mrrows at your compliment. 


You take the cat in your hands, embracing them in a hug, and you take off walking towards your house. You walk deeper and deeper into the dark alley, only the cat slightly glowing their white fur. 


You accepted.

© 2024 Tailed Ray


Author's Note

Tailed Ray
This is my first story, so be kind!
Also, this is completely an improvised story, an inspiration driven writing, so expect inconsistencies.
I ACCEPT FULL CRITICISM, I WANT TO GET BETTER!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

An impressive horror story with lot of up's and downs. Nicely written

Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tailed Ray

1 Month Ago

Thank you so much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Added on August 3, 2024
Last Updated on August 3, 2024
Tags: Second person, mysterious, gory images, fiction, short, oneshot story

Author

Tailed Ray
Tailed Ray

Straseni, Straseni, Moldova



About
19, He/Him, possibly Bi I love the marine! (Sharks, manta rays) Also enjoy shows like Helluva Boss, She-ra. My favorite season is autumn, color is purple. I'm new to writing, but I can make my ide.. more..

Writing