Time of Dying

Time of Dying

A Chapter by Trusting

Alex watched the outcasted Elly run. She was afraid,independant. She wouldn't make it on her own.
 Kyle snorted in discust. "C'mon , Mike." He gripped the dagger tightly before buring it. He then started walking off toward a hill. It was fairly high. Two days tops to climb.
  Mike called Alex. "You comin'?"
  Alex twisted his head toward the wonder struck Mike. He, too ,seemed afraid. Fear and uncertainty wore over his ambitiousness. "Yes,"Alex turned and stalked off. Alex already missed Elly. They were both hunters at heart. But why did Kyle's stealth hold him. The fearless hunter he once knew was a myth to him now. He just lost a battle to trust and life. Alex finally made it to Mike, but Kyle hadn't stopped. The black haired boy just continued walking like he was alone. "Come on. We best catch up."

(Hunter)

 I jumped away through the trees, up two hills, under the brush, and to the water pond. I stood at the bank of the pond panting. I had no idea if Elly made the right desision. But Elly always did, right? 
  I bent down placing my bare arms into the muddy water. The coolness cooled the wind burn; though, it would leave a small tint of pink. Hopefully, my unhumanly skin tone would blend with the burn and my coloney wouldn't notice.
   "Elly?" The voice was male. 
   I opened my eyes and lifted my upper body so I could see who was talking to me. It was Hositwa.  
    "Hositwa! What are you doing here?"
   The leader jumped down. "That's what I was about to ask you. Where's your hoodie?"
   I looked down at the too small brown, white tank top I wore when I was ten. I covered myself.  "I gave it to someone."
    Hositwa gripped my shoulder tightly digging razer claws into my skin. He bent his head and growled,"Who?"
    I shook my head in hostilty. That only caused Hositwa draw blood from my already injured shoulder.
    "Who?" He spat.
    I felt his hand release from my shoulder. I guessed that was a good enough award to live with. "Elly."
     Hositwa stared at me blankly.  "Stop  There's only one name I've heard twice, Elly. Where is the other one?"
     I swallowed hard.  He couldn't find out.  I had to protect my human self.  "I plead the fith."
    The leader scoffed.  "The fith of what?! Elly, tell me who has it.  Maybe then the coloney will find out why you're acting so weird.  We don't hide things from other hunters.  If you were half a huntress you'd know that!"
   I jumped at Hositwa shoving him back.  "No, Hositwa, I'm not a hunter. Barely a huntress!  My soul lies with the humans!  I am a hunter and human!  My life is split in two, I help humans and live as a huntress.  This body is just a cover up for me.  I'm in a rut, Hositwa, truely I live as a human."
   The elderly hunter pinned me to the groud. My head lay barely a n inch away from the pond.  " If you're gonna act like a human then we'll treat you like a human." Hositwa
 lifted my shoulders then slammed them into the ground. He slashed a hand across my chest.
   I hissed at Hositwa.  Quickly, I punched Hositwa's nose and kicked him off.   After staggering backwards for a moment I leapt at the elder.
    Hositwa rolled on his back forcing me to crash in his spine.  My nose began bleeding.   I cursed at Hositwa and smashed my fists repeaditly into his face.   Hositwa yowled in pain and kicked me into the air.  I landed in the water.   I sank below letting my body go limp.  Only one arm and both my legs had feeling.   ' Why do I live anyway?' I wondered.
   'Elly.'  I answered.
    My eyes shot open.  I was here to protect Elly and now Hositwa would kill her. Just like he'd do with any human he saw, and it was winter.   She was screwed.   I used my one able arm and legs to swim to the top.   Hunters could drown,too and I was growing light headed.   I scratched and kicked at the water until I was at the top.  I gasped for air and looked around the ravine.   Hositwa was gone and I knew exactly who he was after. First, he needed helpers.  First place he'd go was the coloney.  I needed to warn Elly,
 but first I needed helpers as well.

 (Alex)
Thirty minutes passed since the three teenagers set off.  The sun was begining to sink and the three of them were going to sleep outside.
   "It's not tha same without Elly,"Mike complained to Alex.
   "I know, Mike, I misss her,too."
   Kyle stopped ahead of them. He glocked his gun and asked,"Did you hear that?"
   Alex paused to listen.  Moments later he heard the rustling. It was from behind them. He pulled out his hand guns,but whenever the infected stepped out  he lowered them.
  "That's that damn hunter!" Kyle yelled. He lifted his gun and aimed.
  "Kyle , don't!" Alex ran at the huntress.  Her shoulder,nose, and chest were bleeding. Alex bent down and wiped blood from her shoulder. "Guys, she's lost a lot blood."
  "So?" Kyle shrugged.
  "So hunters live on oxegeyn and blood!" Alex yelled "Give me a health pack,Mike."
  The boy opened the backpack but Kyle took the bag. "I'm not wasting health packs on a hunter!"
  "Elly,"he corrected.
  "What's the diferance?"
  "You like Elly. I've seen how you looked her. Even when you sent her away! You were only angry cause she lied to you! And you know that's all true."
  Kyle looked down and tossed the bag to Alex. Alex took a health pack and opened it.  He took the disinfectant wipes,gauze,neolsporin, and pills and cleaned the huntress' wounds. She winched every time.
   The huntress growled something.  Something translatable. "Elly's in danger and only you three can help her."
   Alex stared at the huntress in bewilderment.  He hadn't spoken to infected in months. "Guys, I swear this huntress just said Elly is in danger and only we can help her."
  Kyle looked at the huntress that nodded.  "I'm NOT going back down. I spent too much time walking up this hill."
    Mike stepped up to the huntress and said,"A friend of Elly's is a friend of mine."
    "That is Elly, dude. That's her hunter form,"Alex corrected. He turned to Kyle and shrugged.
    "How do we know  Elly is in trouble?" Kyle questioned.
     The huntress growled impatiently. She was ready to run.
      "We don't" Alex then ran down the hill with Mike and the huntress. They had to save Elly. If she was in trouble that is.


© 2012 Trusting


Author's Note

Trusting
Sorry for the poor grammer,ect.,but I wrote this chapter on my Kindle. One more chapter left! It'll be short,though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A action pack chapter. I like the desire to protect his friend. I like the description of the meeting. No weakness in this excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i love the change in charactor speak just like Rik Riordan's Kane chronicles, very nice.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 6, 2012


Author

Trusting
Trusting

About
I've changed. I'm here to write. I'm here to listen. I'm here to inspire. - Follow Me On Instagram- this_is_for_yhu - Inspirational quote "I never said life would be easy, but I did promis.. more..

Writing
Abused Abused

A Story by Trusting