Leader

Leader

A Chapter by Trusting

I listened to the commotion up the cliff. "What's going on up there?" I demamded.

 Kyle bent over the rock wall. "That freakin' hunter took the kid!"

 Mike placed his hand on a rock infront of him. "We can't let it get away."

 "No dur,Captin Obvious."

 I growled curses at them then turned to Alex. "What ifagain. The she wants me to follow her?"

The brown haired laid his head on his hands. "I don't know,Elly. I don't know many things recently."

I stared at the boy with a sympatheic look. "Well,if you guys aren't going I am." I turned around with my right foot then ran off looking for my past life body. She could show me the way. Despite their poor eyesight,the hunters were the best navigators. I needed to find her for my sake.

Hard footsteps padded behind me. "Elly..." The voice breathed behind me.

"No,Alex I'm not staying here,"I growled a warning at him as I kept running.

"Elly,look." The voice commanded.

I spun around with a clunched fist. "Alex,I swear I'll," I was cut of. No one was behind me. I turned back around,deserted. I pulled out the dagger I found under the brush awhile back. "Where are you?" I whispered.

"Up here,Elly."

I looked toward the tree tops. The voice wasn't relateable. It was a mixture of anger and rage. "Where?"

A finger touched my left shoulder. I tilted my head to see who it was. A female, of course. "You are?" I snapped pulling away.

The zombie seemed as to be an adult. "I am Anson's mother. I took him in,but whenever I came home today he was gone and my son was dead. Head snapped in the oppisite direction. Now I see your friend has my boy. Where is he?"

I swallowed. The kid's name was Anson. "The kid,"I started to ask a question but ended up answering. "The kid is up on the cliff with my friend Kyle. Why?"

A tounge wrapped around my ribs and began crushing them. The tounge rilled in so I could see the female's face. "He's mine,kid. Why are YOU here?"

I ignored the pain around my bones and panted,"I'm Elly. I'm...trying...to catch...my...past self."

The tounge retracted as I fell. "Past life? What past life?" The smoker wheezed. "You're a stupid human. You've been a human,what past life?" She repeated.

I stood up. "I don't have time for this! I've got to find the huntress!" My voice rang around the clearing. An eerie silence responded as the smoker climbed up the tree disapearing.

(Hunter)

I watched Elly from a distance. The smoker knew I was here. She knew why Elly wanted to find me. Those smokers were the smartest,slyest,trickiest,and the most wanted. Well,after the hunter. I growled to myself and leapt away trying to make the branches shake.

Elly's had twisted my way as she pulled her dagger out. She twiated it so the ledge was aimed in the lunging position.

I shook the branches. The kid whimpered under my arm. I quickly put my hand over his mouth.

  Elly lowered her defences. "Hello?"

  I growled making the girl jump back and throw the dagger in my direction. The knife landed in my shoulder making me drop the kid. Blood oozed down my hoodie. The kid fell three branches down before meeting the ground. "Crap,"I cursed and yanked the weapon out of my skin. Blood  dripped off the dagger and onto my pants. I wipped the bloody dagger on my hoodie and threw it straight down. The knife hit the ground with a thud. I heard the ledge enter the ground as well.

  "What's wrong with you!?" Elly spat as she ran toward the kid. He lay there motionless.

  I grinned and clawed my way over a branch so I could jump her. "Anson?" Elly shook the kid's tiny figure.

  Ason lifted his left hand. "I'm home,Elly. He's really real. My brother...my brother..." The kid shuddered once then fell still.

  I saw tears fall from Elly's eyes. They hit the kid's body. I jumped down. Not on Elly but beside her. I bent my head to the kid's body. The dagger had struck him instead of the ground. I killed a kid that was important. "Elly..."I growled as my shoulder pain came back to its place.

  The girl bent grabbed the dagger and yanked it out of the kid's body quickly. She turned to me. "What a fucked up world I live in." She whispered to herself and threw the dagger down. "I know you're me. What happened,Elly? When did you kill inocent kids?"

  I growled at Elly and pulled my hood back. My blue eyes were blood shot red. Even though they were mostly gone... I pulled my hoodie off. The white tanktop I last wore was when I was ten. Four years ago. "I remember. I remember life. I wasn't like our human figure. I'm stronger,evil,not you. Elly,don't make this mistake. Dad warned you when you were me. He warned you,Elly."

  My human figure winced the memory away. "I remember as fine as hell! I just don't want to go home,alright! I don't know...I don't know what to do..." Elly closed her eyes.

  I looked at Elly and ran at her. I wrapped my arms around her. My blood soaked shoulder met her soft skin. It dripped off as my claws dug into her back skin lightly.

  The girl stood there stunned for a moment then warmly hugged me back. We stood there hugging for a moment until a twig snapped.

  I jumped back realizing other people were around. I ran over to my hoodie and handed it to Elly. "Take it,Elly. Use it as an lie,backup. Make the right choice. You always do." I jumped away with warning.

 (Kyle)

 The blackred boy stepped on a twig. "Hey,I see her!" The boy ran at her. Behind him followed Mike and Alex. Kyle reached Elly first. "Hey,Elly"he broke off seeing the kid's body lieing on the ground,motionless. He then saw a hunter's hoodie,blood on Elly's shoulder,and claw marks where her backpack used to be. "What happened here?" He demamnded.

  Elly stood there still staring up at the trees.

  Alex walked up to Elly and poked her shoulder.

  "Hm? Oh,guys! Hi,how'd ya get down?"

  "Falling,"Mike answered bluntly.

 Elly nodded,clearly amuzed.

  "What happened?" Kyle repeated.

  Elly looked into Kyle's eyes blankly for a moment then responded,"A hunter. Yeah,a hunter attacked me. He had Anson. He was clearly dead by the time I got him from the hunter."

  "Ya mean, a hun'er jumped ya?" Mike asked surprised.

  "Yeah...yeah,he did. He tried to bite my neck but I stabbed it with this dagger."

  "Where's tha body?" Mike scratched his head.

  "Oh...well,it isn't dead. I just managed to get this god damn hoodie from him!" Elly sounded pissed.

  "Oh,"Mike whispered.

  Kyle kept silent. He felt something wrong was going on. Something suspicious. He walked over to the kid's body and knelt down. "We're going to get vengance,Elly. He reminds me of my brother."

  Elly took a step back in bewilderment. "You never mentioned "brother"."

  "No?" Kyle acted casual. "Well,his name was Anson,he lived a short life,acted weird,then before his lights went out his companions lied. And it was the girl who broke his heart." He stood up.

  (Elly)

 I looked at Kyle. He knew my secret. "But...Kyle. How did you know his name?"

  "That's what ears and eyes are for,Elly!" Kyle spat. I ran ahead and saw the whole thing. Go back,Elly. You're a hunter. You're not one of us."

 I looked at Alex to se if he would back me up but only stood there looking at his feet.

 Kyle grabbed the dagger from my hands and aimed it at me. "I said Go!"

 Mike grabbed Kyle,"Stop,man!"

 Kyle pushed Mike away and threw the dagger at my feet. "Go." He commanded.

  I looked at Alex who had ple in his eyes. His eyes answered Elly,"Please go. He'll kill you."

  "What about you?" I plead to Alex silently.

  Kyle grabbed the dagger again. "Skit on with sha life!" He slashed it across Elly's arm gently. Though,it did draw blood.

  Elly looked at all three of them then ran off. Kyle was right,she wasn't one of them. She had to find herself. Like Dad had said.



© 2012 Trusting


Author's Note

Trusting
Alrighty,my friend gave me 50+ songs to listen to for theme songs(From her playlist) I liked Not Alright the best so far,though. What I'm getting at is that the VERY LAST chapter I will have the list of theme songs,pictures,ect. of the story. :P To the ones that sticked to the book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the storyline. You are making the plot stronger. I like the thoughts and desire to keep aiming at the initial plan. Thank you for the outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have built very distinct characters and your storys seem so life like. Imagery was powerful and was actually quite chilling. A few grammatical but that is to be expected. Nice job Trusting.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very nice :) good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


omg I was kinda scared reading this....nice job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
4 Reviews
Added on March 28, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2012


Author

Trusting
Trusting

About
I've changed. I'm here to write. I'm here to listen. I'm here to inspire. - Follow Me On Instagram- this_is_for_yhu - Inspirational quote "I never said life would be easy, but I did promis.. more..

Writing
Abused Abused

A Story by Trusting