Seeker

Seeker

A Chapter by Trusting

Kyle had stayed behind with me. For what reson? How in f**k I'd know until later. It's been awhile since I've been the way I was today. Four weeks ago we were in that swamp being devoured one by one. 'Cept...you haven't heard that part yet...

...I hadn't meant to stay behind and wonder. I guess my brain was used to zoning in and out of reality. This hell whole was worse than a nightmare. If I had to chose to watch a Jhony Dep movie or fight zombies that had blood shedding down their ears into my mouth. I'd choose Jhony Dep. Well...okay I'd choose this life,but I still can't stand it here!

As Kyle and I climbed the wet,moldy boulders(slipping occasionly) he had only asked one question then cut off. I tried to figure out what he was going to ask but that would be so stupid. Even though I had been around three guys for many months I didn't understnad them. They never spoke their mind;dumbasses.

Mike and Alex's quarelling broke the silence. "Damn it,Alex! I'm f*****g sleeping in the damn bed!"

Alex's response...well,was a bit different. "Hell to tha no! Elly should! She hasn't slept in a comfortable bed in f*****g months!"

Although the message wasn't directed to me I blushed. Atleast he stood up for me.

"I swear,they're like children,"Kyle growled under his breath.

"Oh c'mon,Kyle. They're just tired,"I promised him finally pushing myself to the top.

I heard Kyle's foot slip a little then regain back to a stable squish. He then pushed himself up. I saw his mucsels tense. They looked a lot stronger than they were five months ago.

"This place is like a gym,"Kyle said folling my gaze.

I slightly smiled and looked away. "Sorry,I just...um..."

"Hey,"Kyle whispered placing his hand on my shoulder,"it's alright. I don't mind. As long as you don't stare so long you get yourself killed."

I chuckled. "Deffinatly." I heard a loud crash then a yell.

"What the hell?!" Kyle ran ahead of me and I followed a little worried. Okay,amuzed. But still,what if one of them got hurt?

As we entered the house the freezing draft made me shudder. It smelt musty and reminded me of a giant moth ball. Discusting.

When I turned my gaze to the black boy on the floor,which was covered in dry blood,Kyle growled.

"What the f**k happened,Alex?" He pointed to Mike but kept his green glare on Alex. His black hair that covered half his face made him look more intemadating.

Alex shook his hand down once then groaned. Blood dripped down his arm and onto his hand. Shards of glass were tucked tightly under his skin. Most of it was in his arm, but the pieces in his hand scared me more.

I froze. The clear shards of glass reminded me... Of my life. Of how I didn't hate it. How I only did this to be with Alex when he was right beside me. I had ignored him,he ignored me. The thing we had before...gone. Only to become human and kill my once called 'friends'. The guilt I felt in my stomache wasn't fake. It wasn't even guilt but regret. My memory of a hunter faded every day until I only remembered what I used to look like,Alex,and that I hadn't hated my life. Why? Why did I do that? Why! I hate my life! It hadn't helped anything! This place is hell! I probabley already died and was sent into this place!

I closed my eyes and stopped thinking. I shrunk into a ball in a corner and silently weapt,"What have I don?"

(Hunter)

I glared at the dead bodies of infected. There were stronger humans than the day before. Question was,where are they coming from? Winter was closing in on us and I needed to be promoted into a Seeker!

"Damn it,"A male hunter who stood beside me growled.

"I know,"I agreed.

I looked at him and realized he had his hood on when I didn't. I quickly threw it over my uncovered head.

The male hunter scoffed and jumped away yowling. Well,that was the way we jump. Whenever we jump we yowl a battle call or a warning call.

I looked at the bodies once more then at full moon. I had to kill a human,or humans,before tommorow night. The rage made me so angry that I gathered my haunches and lept away. Those God Damned Humans Were Going To Be My B***h This Time!



© 2012 Trusting


Author's Note

Trusting
Watcha think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

My eyes, got lost again. your stucture is powerful and highlights the plot. You have a great story in the works right here. Your descriptions were powerful and I enjoyed reading this. "As Kyle and I climbed the wet,moldy boulders(slipping occasionly) he had only asked one question then cut off" For some reason I found this amusing and laughed for like five minutes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

My eyes, got lost again. your stucture is powerful and highlights the plot. You have a great story in the works right here. Your descriptions were powerful and I enjoyed reading this. "As Kyle and I climbed the wet,moldy boulders(slipping occasionly) he had only asked one question then cut off" For some reason I found this amusing and laughed for like five minutes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good chapter. I like the new conflicts being born in this chapter. The story is getting more interesting and i like the plot of the story. A strong ending to a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012


Author

Trusting
Trusting

About
I've changed. I'm here to write. I'm here to listen. I'm here to inspire. - Follow Me On Instagram- this_is_for_yhu - Inspirational quote "I never said life would be easy, but I did promis.. more..

Writing
Abused Abused

A Story by Trusting