All For One, One For All

All For One, One For All

A Story by TraverseTheSea
"

Earth To Humans!

"
The Earth is a living... breathing... being. It is like you and I. As a matter of fact, it IS you and I. We are one with the Earth....We are one with the universe.

I got a fortune cookie from the local Chinese restaurant last week.

It reads: "We treat this world of ours as if we have a spare in the trunk"
Wow, can it not get any more real than that?

Imagine you literally being the Earth, or the Earth being you. We are striking the veins of the Earth while it is still alive for it's blood and using it against the Earth for our industrial modern day "needs", choking it with it's own oil... suffocating it with it's own blood. Destroying what it gave to us, what we need to live, to breathe...what we need to be one with it.

The bacteria that once lived on our bodies without notice or care is now a parasite, feeding off of us for personal and not mutual gain until we die, in which the parasite will find a new host..unless we remove the parasite that is...

The Earth is a huge ship and til this day we still don't know how to drive it...it's like everyone is trying to use something new at the same time, pushing each other out of the way saying "Move! I got this!" knowing we really don't know how to drive it... we're all just experimenting with the controls... selfishly trying to figure it out on our own. But if we all just said "Alright, Stop, Let's figure this out" at the same time & worked out a way that we could all drive it together...imagine.....

It just can't be done alone....I can't do this alone....You can't do this alone....

© 2010 TraverseTheSea


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on November 15, 2010
Last Updated on November 15, 2010

Author

TraverseTheSea
TraverseTheSea

Raleigh, NC



About
Hello to all my fellow artists, my name is Travis I go by Traverse. I hope you guys enjoy my work and I will definitely be opening my mind to yours as well! I'll update this later! more..

Writing