You are the best thing that ever happened to me...

You are the best thing that ever happened to me...

A Story by trisharoy
"

Ummm....its a story about lost friendship and love..and how a girl goes through the hardles of life just to make everything like what it was one year ago...i hope evryone is going to lk this story...

"

Books are always used to be my best friend. Everyone knows that and while I read them they always put a smile in my face. I was totally engrossed into the new book of Durjoy Dutta but when I heard the announcement my attention got shifted from the book. The announcement stated that my flight will leave in another 10 minutes.
After a span of 1 year I am going back to India. For my job I have settled in New York for the last one year. Though I have quiet accustomed with the fast life of New York and I love my job. And I love to talk to my loneliness when I got any free time. I love to stroll around the pavements of New York specially in the winters. I love the snowfall, I love when the tiny pieces of snow falls on my face tenderly and kisses my face. But sometimes I miss my life of India. I miss my friends there, my family and him. But in this 1 year I never gave a second thought whether I want to go back home or not. I am always sure that is not a good idea to go back to India as that place contains lots of memories and I don’t want to get those flash backs again because some them just ripped apart my soul into pieces.
But this time I am going back to India because of the over insist of Anwesha. She was continuously nagging and insisting me to go for their engagement. At last I surrendered the battle and I promised her that I will surely be there on their engagement. I did not want to miss a chance to attend the grand party in THE UDAIVILLAS. It is like a dream come true event. So I could not hold on my ecstasy and I made my mind to go there. And I am very happy that after a long time finally I am going to meet my old buddies but still lots of bad memories are clouding my mind. The flight finally took off and I thought of getting a nap. And before I closed my eyes I wished that my friends remains the same friends how they was 1 year back. And I wished that I could meet HIM.
The next day I reached the white city of India Udaipur. And the city is so magnificent that as soon as I reached there my eyes got sparkled. Suddenly I started feeling good. I was too excited as my one of my very good friend is going to start a new life and also with the thought that I will be with some of my old friends for a few days.
I booked a cab and headed for Udaivillas. The city has its own beauty and the bright sun is only enhancing the beauty of the city. It seems that after a long time the sun is also in a very happy mood. When I was going in the cab the fresh air coming from the open windows is kissing my fresh and I am feeling refreshed. I am feeling that after a long time I finally woke up from a long slumber. I wanted this time I to pack my bags with sweet and lovely memories.
After a good journey of three hours finally I was in front of the magnificent Udaivillas the palace was simmering in her own beauty. And for a while I lost my words to define its beauty. I only kept admiring it. After that the staffs of Udaivillas did my ushering and showed me the way where the main function is being held.
When I reached there are some of the familiar faces but this 1 year has really made a difference. They have become handsome man and beautiful ladies. Suddenly a hand came from back and cupped my eyes. The touch was too familiar and I know the person very well. I suddenly shouted Gargiiiii in excitement. And the pretty face of her suddenly appeared inform of my face. We hugged very tightly and she had become much more prettier than before. She offered me a drink and she told me that she opened an event management company. And I also told about my life in New York and my carrier as a writer. We was talking about many things and suddenly I saw two beautiful ladies dressed in two very pretty lehengas. They are looking so beautiful that from a distance I could not recognize their faces. After that when they came near the sight of them only brought a smile to my face. It was tamanah and atrika. Both of them still remained the most friendly creature on earth as they was 1 year ago its only that they became more gorgeous. I sometime wonder what these girls eating that they are becoming so beautiful. We gave each other our girly hugs and after that sudeep, aritra also came and luckily they all are still the love birds which they was.
Then the show stopper of the show appeared and she is none other than Anwesha. She was dressed in bright coloured lehenga and she was looking like an angel. She wore a bright blue colour lehenga. She came and hugged me tightly. We both shared a very warm hugs and through her gesture I could understand what she is going to tell but I stopped her. After that I saw Akash who is my so called bahi. I am telling him my so called bahi because in these 1 year he never called me by mistakenly also. So after I saw him I gave him a I am angry look. After he told me I am sorry and thank you for coming I gave him a smile. And also for that fact it was his and anwesha’s engagement.
I am also feeling happy as on everyone’s face there is a board smile. It seems that time had really did not pass, it seems that it was only yesterday when we all smile like this, talk like this hug like this. Although nothing has changed in their lives. It was me whose life changed so much. After that Subhankar, Sandip, Sumita they all appeared. None of them have changed a bit. Subhankar still is the most funny and lovely person in my list. Still I laugh the most because of his jokes.I missed him a lot in these 1 year. I missed everyone in these one year. But still I did not wanted to come back after that incident. Every idea of getting back to India is ripped off by the idea of that incident. I can never forgive myself after that incident.
In the evening we all got ready for the party. I wore a black lehenga with golden laces. As soon as I reached the venue I could see many of the known faces. I could some faces of my friends, seniors, teachers. I felt really good when I met them. We exchanged warm smiles and warm hugs. But I am missing someone, someone very special. And somewhere in my mind I know that I could never see him. But in the midst of my heart a ray of hope still lies. Suddenly a little girl came and handed me a small note. Before I could ask anything she just disappeared. When I opened the note it stated that “.I want to show u how the sky kiss the lakes. And the light applauded in that occasion. I FRIEND YOU JJ”
I could not stop myself from going to the yacht which was right in front of my eyes. After I board the yacht it started sailing off. And when it is just in the middle of the lake it just stopped and someone just cupped my eyes. But heartbeats just touched the utmost range of beating. All the hormones of my body is rushing in the same time and I really can’t hold my breath anymore. Then he slowly removed his hand from my eyes and in front of my eyes I saw the glittering Udaivillas in front of my eyes. And after that in front of my eyes suddenly I saw millions of lamp started flowing up. The scene is mesmerizing and it is like a dream come true and I could not blink after viewing that heavenly scene. After sometime when I regained my senses I turned back and tears started flowing from my eyes. Words denied coming out from my mouth. I just gave him a very tight hug and both of us flowed in the streams of emotion and memories. After a while only one word escaped my mouth that is “Bestie”. Yup, actually I am meeting Arijit after a span of 1 year. In these 1 year I did not received any messages or texts from him. Neither I had any idea where he was. Though I did not blame him, because it was not his fault all the fault is mine and for that fact I am really very ashamed.
After seeing me he just gave his million dollar smile and with his that smile my whole world just lit up. I am feeling that after a prolonged drought it is raining. I am really feeling happy after seeing him. He smiled and wished me “HAPPY BIRTHDAY JJ”. Though I was happy but at the same time I was angry on him. I started beating him but then I could not hold on my tears anymore and I started crying. He hugged me quietly. We did not spoke for some time and finally I asked him “where u have been for so long?” He just released a deep breath and told me that he never wanted to leave that way but at that time he was controlled by his emotions. On 13th June last year this incident happened. Last year on today’s date our whole life changed and it changed a lot.
13th June, 2019.
It was the day of my birthday and everyone was just tapping their feats on the beats of music. I threw a party on a pub of Kolkata and everyone was enjoying there but only before that incident. We all are boozing that day but frantically Saloni was boozing out of her capacity. Everyone was telling her to stop but she was not listening to anyone. Suddenly we heard the shrill cry of her and everyone just look into her direction. I saw her accusing someone but in that crowd I could not recognize whom she is accusing. When I came little near her I saw that she was constantly slapping Arijit and everyone was standing there numb. I was just going to talk to him when my boyfriend Pravesh gripped my hand and took me out of the pub. He told me that Arijit tried to misbehave with Saloni and that’s why she slapped him. For a moment I could not believe on my ears. I could not believe that my best friend could do something like that. After that I saw Arijit coming for giving some clarification but before he could get a chance to justify himself I just slapped him. And I slapped him hard but instead of that also he managed to say that “I have not done anything wrong”. And by hearing those words I felt more irritated and I grabbed his hand and took him in front of Saloni. I asked her what he did to you and she replied that “Arijit tried to kiss me and when I denied he started to use his forces on me”. And she started sobbing.
I gave a horrified and annoyed look to him. I told him that I don’t want to talk to him anymore. But he was constantly nagging behind me and telling me that he haven’t done anything wrong but I was not listening to him. Then I told him that I will pardon you if you admit in front of everyone that you have misbehaved with her and you are sorry for everything. But he denied. But when he saw that I am not going to talk to him if he does not tell that he agreed. In front of everyone he just admitted that he had done everything and he is sorry for it. Though I was still angry on him but at least I was happy that he admitted his mistake. And on my mind I was thanking Pravesh that he gave me these idea of making him to confront himself in front of everyone. But I saw tiny tear drops on Swadhin’s eyes and for a moment I thought that what I did is not at all wright. He came near me and told me that I want to confront one more truth that is “I LOVE YOU JJ”. After I hear that I was totally astonished and could not believe on my own ears. I told him that I have a boyfriend and I do not want to see his face again in my life. So he left quietly from there and told me that “one day you will surely try to find me out but you will never be able to found me out and that day you will cry like me”. I just moved my eyes on other direction to avoid eye contact but somehow in the core of my heart I am feeling like to cry. Like the world is getting out of my feat.
14th June, 2019.
My sleep got interrupted on the beeping of my phone and when I saw that I got 14 missed calls from Tina, 1 from riya and 9 from Anwesha. I thought that there must be something really bad happened. Then I thought that it must be about Arijit. Without giving a second thought I called Riya but Tina picked up the phone. I came to know the fact that everyone is in the hospital as Arijit had a very fatal accident. As soon I heard about that I was just about to faint but somehow I managed myself and headed for the hospital. Our whole friend circle was there. Everyone was busy bringing medicines and doing the hospital formalities. I saw aritra and akash was filling up some forms and everyone was crying. Riya told me that Arijit did not did anything wrong. It was Pravesh who planned everything to put down the image of Arijit in front of me and Saloni just got some money to do all the acting. When I asked Tina why Pravesh did something like that she told me that Arijit really loves me and Arijit came to know the fact that Pravesh is not at all a good guy. He is engaged with some drug gang and he had lots of girlfriends. So when Pravesh came to know that Arijit is going to tell you everything and Arijit love you he thought of these plan. I was totally shocked by hearing these. I wanted to meet with him and I wanted to tell him sorry but the doctors did not allow me to say anything.
15th June, 2019.
Yesterday I spent the whole day by crying and thinking about that I have trusted a wrong person and I have lost a very good friend. I wanted to tell him sorry and request him to not to go anywhere. But because of my bad health I could not go there. About 11 in the morning Riya called me up and told me that Arijit condition is more stable than before.
17th June, 2019.
For many days I could not stepped out from my bed as I was seriously ill and today after a long time I am feeling a bit better and I was thinking of going to the hospital and meeting him. But suddenly my phone rang and it is Akash. As soon as I picked up the call I asked in anxiety that “How is Arijit now? Is he feeling a bit better now? I am going to pay him a visit”. But Akash told me that Arijit suddenly disappeared and he left a note stating that he is going out of everyone’s sight and he will never come back and no one should try to find him out. After I heard the news tears started flowing down my eyes. And I felt that someone have put off all the lights from my life and now I am in total darkness.

After that I left India and settled in New York and these guilt eats me up every second so I didn’t want to come back to India.

When the flashed back of memories finally stopped Arijit’s and mine eyes got filled up with tears. He told me that he is working as an executive chef in a restaurant in Paris. And in these one year he never have tried to establish any type of contact with anyone. Everyone was unaware of the fact where he is but few days back Anwesha was flipping through the pages of an article and there she found Arijit’s mail id. She quickly mailed him. Though at first he did not replied but when she told that I know everything and I am dying to meet with him he finally agreed to give me this surprise on my birthday. Everyone except me was aware of this fact and everyone helped Arijit to plan this surprise.
At last he bent down on his knees and proposed me with a rose. The only thing that I could utter was that “I LOVE YOU TOO TUBBY”.
The lights of the lanterns, the sound of the ushering and the sound of the breeze making a very beautiful symphony. It is feeling like that the nature is also showering all its blessings on us. And under the vast sky we promised each other that we will always be together tied in one thread.

© 2016 trisharoy


Author's Note

trisharoy
I am dedicating this writing to all my lovely friends of my college...love u guyss a lott...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on November 1, 2016
Last Updated on November 1, 2016