Soulmates

Soulmates

A Story by trisharoy
"

It is a story which deals about reincarnation or the theory of life after death.

"
I still remember that day which gave a really big twist to my normal teenage life. I am a student of psychology and i live in kolkata, though it has been only a few months i settled here.

The day was 16th march, and due to my friends prolonged nagging session i was bound to give a treat to them.We all went to a nearby theater. After watching a great movie we went to a restaurant, and as per the plan i was giving a treat to them. We all were in a party mood. But suddenly something caught my attention. A man was staring at us, to be more precise at me. I would have put down that thought but i saw something which kept my mouth open. I saw a tattoo on his hand . Though for anyone else it just a regular tattoo but i must mention that i had skipped a beat after seeing that. In that tattoo a half heart was made. But it would not bother me if the same tattoo with another half heart is not made in my hand.

When i was 17 i had fallen in love with a boy, and his name was Dev. Like every other teenage love story we are also blown by the sweet air of love. And one day we decided to go and have a tattoo as a permanent sign of our never ending love. Actually it was me who forced him. We had tattooed half half part of one heart. And he wrote my name Divya and i wrote his name Dev.

But after 2 months he met with a car accident. And although the doctors tried their level best but they still couldn't rescue him from the clutches of death. It took me almost 2 longs years to get over the trauma of his death. After getting admission in college his memories started getting faded, although in my heart he kept his unremovable patches of love.

On that day when i saw that man i lost my words. My emotional heart tried to beckon him, but my realistic my resist me from calling out his name. The only thing that was hovering in my mind was that a person who is already dead cannot come again. Reincarnation is beyond the logic. Although for the rest of the time my eyes and mind was glued at him.

After that incident i have asked in that restaurant. But they only told that he is some college student and comes rarely to that restaurant. But as his gestures was little bit different it caught everyone's eyes. When he used to come to the restaurant he used to come alone and except telling the waiter about the order he always sits stiff without uttering a word. Except these information they did not give any other information. I also asked some of my friends about that person but they came up with a negative answer.

I lost all hopes of meeting that person. And i never came to see that person second time. But when i remember about that day's incident my heart still skips a beat. Though my mind and also the realistic world does not believe on the theory of life after death but my heart believed on it. Although my heart and mind was constantly fighting on the topic that it is my lost love Dev or not but at certain point i felt really happy. Atleast after many years later and for the last time in my life i came across a person who looks exactly like him. Or maybe it was Dev...... Who knows!!!

© 2016 trisharoy


Author's Note

trisharoy
I want to request my reviewers to ignore the grammar problems. It is my debut story and i have written it with all my heart... hope u all r going to like it...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just as oxygen, we can't see, taste or even can't feel but scientists say that we can't live without it so it is true that oxygen exists... Similarly there are certain powers in this universe, they exist whether we believe it or not... I really enjoyed the way you put details in your story, this is what makes a writing enjoyable to the reader... I'm a firm believer of life after death as science says "energy can't be destroyed, it only transfers" and our soul is a powerful form of energy so it will only transfer into another thing after death... Very well thought out work... Warmest welcome to writerscafe...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Interesting, I like the honest tone that the story has. It also has hope which sometimes we tell the mind what we want it to believe, even though reincarnation is not possible. The egyptians spent a lot of human lives building pyramids and the extra terrestrials never reincarnated them.

Buuut the story it very good, it has imagery, Congratulations. I am glad I read it. Thank You for writing it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Just as oxygen, we can't see, taste or even can't feel but scientists say that we can't live without it so it is true that oxygen exists... Similarly there are certain powers in this universe, they exist whether we believe it or not... I really enjoyed the way you put details in your story, this is what makes a writing enjoyable to the reader... I'm a firm believer of life after death as science says "energy can't be destroyed, it only transfers" and our soul is a powerful form of energy so it will only transfer into another thing after death... Very well thought out work... Warmest welcome to writerscafe...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2016