Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Tribias

A chill hangs in the night air, causing me to pull my coat tighter against my body. I pull my hat lower, giving more cover to my face as I see the crowded New York street approaching, meaning I will have to leave the comfort of the deserted streets I choose as my routes.
I look do not look up as I quickly walk towards the payphone where he told me I would find the directions I needed. I pretend to put in coins which I do not have and put the phone to my ear, once again pretending to talk in a cheerful tone so as not to attract the attention of passersby.
I use my other hand to check for the paper I need which is supposed to be in a tiny slot, sighing with relief when my fingers come into contact with it.
I quietly slide it out, closing the slot.
“Alright Amanda, I will see you there, bye hon.” I say loudly.
No one gives me a glance and I continue walking until I find a dimly lit alleyway that I slip into.
I look at the address on the paper, then I set it on fire with my lighter, wait for it to completely burn to a crisp and continue my walk to a bus stop.
I take a bus to halfway of my destination and then I walk for twenty minutes in an isolated area, constantly making sure that no one is following me.
I come to a stop in front of a warehouse,.
My sources really are reliable, this is perfect.
I’ve secured myself a safe house for the night.
See, when you’re the only known surviving victim of an infamous serial killer, it’s not just him you have to hide from, it’s the feds too.


© 2016 Tribias


Author's Note

Tribias
please leave a response, I would love to get reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on August 14, 2016
Last Updated on August 14, 2016


Author

Tribias
Tribias

Sukkur, Sindh, Pakistan



About
Just a writer trying to get a response more..

Writing