To Move A Memory

To Move A Memory

A Stage Play by TravisBriere
"

What are we but paper in the wind? This is the trouble faced by a child and a memory, a memory moved to tears...

"

TO MOVE A MEMORY

Freedom has always reigned for even slaves have free masters

 

Steward-(enters stage left bringing a gaggle of school children in tow) and this children is the Lincoln memorial built on May 30, 1922 and is dedicated to the honor of one of the worlds greatest champions, Abraham Lincoln

 

Child-(breaks free from the group as the Steward ushers the other children forward and offstage) Hello Mr. Abraham, one day ill be a great champion just like you.

 

Statue- (Wipes his eyes with a handkerchief and sniffs)

Child-(Shocked and backs away to stage left. Then lets the shock fade to compassion and wonder as he reproaches the statue) Mr. Lincoln sir, Why are you crying?

 

Statue-(puts the handkerchief away.) Child and brother of god and state, your words just moved me so. Please do not console my pain it is you for whom I cry.

Child- Why?

 

Statue- I am called a champion of freedom. When I passed I saw behind the looking glass. I saw for myself secrets; secrets that for the better part of a century had remained a global truth of woven lies whose seeds sprout and take root and are to bloom.

 

Child- Mr. Lincoln Sir I don’t understand.

 

Statue- Understanding and perception are linked. Perception, child, is how we see the world. Have you ever seen something that was not as it appeared? 

 

Child-Like a paper flower?

Statue-(stands up and looks out over Washington) Yes child see this city, this world. Imagine it was all made of paper, every building, every person, every animal, and every blade of grass.

 

Child- That’s silly…

 

Statue- you may think so, but isn’t a world made of lies and deceit “silly” as well? You live in that world child; you awoke your beautiful eyes innocent eyes to this world. This paper world is what you perceive as normal. You have not had anything else to compare it to however just because something is normal doesn’t mean its right.

 

Child-Umm no

 

Statue- No! Absolutely NO! With gods divine freedom we build his kingdom. Normality is what we make it. However…

Child-Someone changed what the world appeared to be.

 

Statue- Yes some self driven hidden force changed what the mandate of government was (frowns) and changed the mandate for life itself. A good man once said “We are opposed around the world by a monolithic conspiracy around the world…” His name was John F Kennedy. Him and his executive order #11110 would have made him the man that reinstated the natural order of the world.

Changed how Mr. Lincoln?

 

Statue- A world where government existed to protect the people not police the world. A place where interference is marginalized and the peoples dependency on government services where severed. A world without the NSA, or IRS. A world a free man would be proud of.

 

Child- Mr Lincoln sir, I … Um…

 

Statue- To answer your question; the question cherished child of your state. Is not why I am crying but why has the tree of liberty become a stump to be sat upon by the very parasites we destroyed in the time of our founding fathers.

No.
That is not the issue. The issue, my child, is who will be the next champion of freedom.


© 2012 TravisBriere


Author's Note

TravisBriere
Please be critical, This is a conversation I had with some one dear to me re imagined...

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
Added on November 16, 2012
Last Updated on November 16, 2012
Tags: America, Freedom, Humanity, Morality, Polotics, Wold View, Washington, Children, Memorial, John F Kennedy

Author

TravisBriere
TravisBriere

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada



About
Hello To be perfectly honest I have found that the amount of creative spheres for people to enter since formal educations conclusion is dwindling at an alarming rate. If I have Indeed found a bastion.. more..

Writing