A place to call home..

A place to call home..

A Poem by Tom

A place to call home..

I wandered here several years ago
a country cottage, delapidated, 
overgrown, ghost landlord, without
hesitation, lease agreement signed 
at long last, a place to call my own 

Nowadays, I'm easy in solitude, 
notwithstanding cockeral's crow,
bleeting of mama yew, anxious
offspring don't stray, buzz of buzy
honeybee, pollinator of purpled
headed thistles and other flowery
topped greenery, folk likely know
as weeds...

Still, I don't mind their intrusive spread
afterall, I can always trim and prune 
back, though that would mean less
nector to collect for the bee, whatsmore,
risk exposure to my blissful exile  







                                          English cottage garden Stock Photo - Alamy                            

© 2023 Tom


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I just adore the beautiful ease with which this amazing poem is penned. I feel you experience a beautiful peace in your home, Tom and that you are close to Mother Nature there. This beautiful piece of heaven was earmarked by Fate for you to live in and I feel you have thrived in the blessed solitude which surrounds you. I love that you have your very own live alarm clock, Tom (laughing and hoping you don't throw a shoe out the window at him!) and a home for the bees to visit as they collect nectar. I hope you leave some water with a teaspoon of sugar out for them to keep up their energy levels. A wonderful picture painted for your reader through excellent word choice. You are truly an artist with words, Tom. Thank you so very much for sharing. I so enjoyed reading...

Posted 3 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

3 Months Ago

Thanks so much Marie, yes you're pretty much on the money here with your thoughful review, and I'm d.. read more
Marie

3 Months Ago

I enjoyed reading very much, Tom and thank you again for sharing...



Reviews

Your place of solitude conjures up feelings of peace and contentment. Your posted image, an old red brick cottage of delight. Enjoy your overgrown garden, so much to see and treasures to find. Lovely poem Tom.

Chris

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

11 Months Ago

Thank you Chris!
Love this one. There is nothing better than the feeling of inner existence that can be found in our own domain.
I enjoyed strolling thru yours.

Posted 11 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

11 Months Ago

Thank you Cherrie 😎
Hi Betty, you are not allowing me to see your content. I am sorry, I had hurted you.

Posted 11 Months Ago


Tom

11 Months Ago

Who's Betty??
JessyJacob

11 Months Ago

Sorry Wrong Window, ITs Betty Hermlee.
If this is your cottage, Tom, you live in an idyllic setting! Let those weeds and flowers grow tall and the butterflies will take turns with the bees getting that splendid nectar!! This is your little spot of heaven for sure. How lovely! Lydi***

Posted 12 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

11 Months Ago

Thank you Lydia, how wonderfully well you captivate the poem's essence, please do call by again! �.. read more
We spend our lives collecting things we don't need, until happenstance or luck crosses our path and show us what we need for true happiness is far simpler than we had imagined all along.
The noisy neighbours probably make less noise than most city neighbours and my advice would be to keep the natural look, as they might just keep people like travelling estate agents from sticking their noses where they are not wanted.
I feel more relaxed now and I was simply reading about it, so thanks for that and enjoy.

Posted 12 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tom

12 Months Ago

Thanks muchly Lorry, your review so spot on in accordance with my poem's raison d'etre!
The more bushes and such, the more privacy, so please don't cut anything down, plus it enhances pollination and nutrients we all need.... I love the rhythm of this poem and the little story it tells about nice solitude even though the critters sing...which is actually pleasant. Very nice write Tom, glad you're back to the pen!
Warmly, B

Posted 12 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Betty Hermelee

11 Months Ago

You're very welcome dear Friend
Warmly, B
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 20, 2023
Last Updated on October 17, 2023

Author

Tom
Tom

United Kingdom



About
Forget me not, poet friends 😍 more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


There There

A Poem by emmajoygreen


Always August Always August

A Poem by red93