Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

A Chapter by Tina Kline

   The dark deed was done. Mr. Redwood, Miss Fern and the others who had helped Mr. Redwood were dead, having been decapitated. It had been done quietly and not in view of the Pack. The Pack who Mr. Redwood had been Pack Leader of now dealt with the situation of figuring out who their new Pack Leader would be.

    But that didn’t concern Mr. Black’s Pack at the moment. There was the big Mating Ceremony occurring with Mr. Stalker and Miss Starfire becoming officially Mates. Mr. Thunder easily recovered from his disappointment and was in just as happy a mood as everyone else was. When  Mr. Black made the announcement that his Wolf Daughter and Mr. Stalker were now Mated, the Pack howled, clapped and cheered, depending on whether they were in Wolf Form or Human Form.

    Miss Starfire’s face was flushed a pretty dark pink shade as she held onto Mr. Stalker’s arm. She caught her Wolf Twin’s eyes and smiled. Mr. Hunter smiled a knowing smile back and waved. Her smile deepened and she waved back. All was not finished between them.

    Several large fires were burning in the center of the Village and large wooden platters of raw cubed meat were placed about for the Wolf  People to feast upon. Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise and several other Pack Members from Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack were visiting for the Mating Ceremony and official introductions of Alex and Jennifer.

    Louise and Cerise sat down beside each other after Miss Starfire’s Mating Ceremony had shifted into the celebrating phase.

    “What will Armand do now?” Cerise asked Louise.

    She glanced over to where Armand was sitting with Miss Feather and Alex. Quetzal and Jennifer sat on Miss Feather’s other side and Mr. Thunder sat on Armand’s other side.

    “I don’t know. Perhaps he and Miss Feather will eventually Mate.” She answered.

    “I think they should. They still obviously have feelings for each other.” said Cerise.

    There wasn’t much snow left in the Village or in the surrounding Douglas Fir and leafless Broadleaf Maple forest. Most of it had melted as the temperatures continued to increase. The Broadleaf Maples were all in bud as well as the smaller trees and shrubs, creating a soft beautiful green sheen throughout the forest and through the Village. Daylight was occurring more often and when it did occur it lasted longer and longer.

     The clear sky overhead was rapidly turning grey as a daylight episode was upon them. Bird song rose from the forest trees and the smaller budded trees that grew within the Village. In the distance several coyotes sang, their voices rising high into the rapidly graying overhead sky.

    “If it will make my Wolf Son truly happy then I sure hope he and Miss Feather become Mates.” Louise said, a touch of sadness in her voice. Pine, Miss Snow and Michar joined them.

    “I didn’t see it coming. Miss Starfire and Mr. Stalker. What a surprise!” said Miss Snow. She smiled as Michar put his arm around her once they were settled.

    “There are many surprises in life.” said Michar. “Look at us. Who would have thought we’d become Mates?”

    Miss Snow smiled up at him. “Yes, there are surprises in life which I am so happy and thankful for.”

   Louise and Cerise smiled, watching them. Pine watched a little wistfully, wishing she could find a Mate.

    Mr. Black called out, getting everyone’s attention. “I have an announcement to make.” The Wolf People all fell silent. “There are two among us who I am officially introducing to the Pack.” He looked toward Miss Feather, Armand and Quetzal who were getting to their feet along with Alex and Jennifer. They walked over to where Mr. Black waited. Behind Mr. Black stood Mr. Forest, Mr. Grey and Risinghawk. In a loose ring behind them were several Wolf People specially chosen by Mr. Black just in case things got really out of hand after Jennifer’s official introduction to the Pack. No one wanted that but they still had to be prepared.

    Mr. Black took Alex and Jennifer by the hand. Jennifer had on another hat made out of deer skin to conceal her ears but her eyes were in plain view of everyone watching. She had been kept away from the Pack most of the time she had been in the Village and no one had really had a chance to get a good look at her. Until now.

    It didn’t take long for the whispering to start once the Wolf People really noticed Jennifer’s eyes for the first time. Mr. Black’s voice brought the whispering to a halt. “This is Alex, Miss Feather and Armand’s Wolf Son.” He placed his hand on top of Alex’s head. Alex smiled at the Wolf People who grinned or smiled in return. “This is Jennifer, Miss Feather’s daughter.” He placed his other hand on Jennifer’s head. He didn’t rest it there for long like he had done with Alex’s but pulled off her deer skin hat, exposing her ears for all the Pack Members to see. Quetzal was very tense, just waiting to see if anyone would dare go after his Little Jennifer. Armand was tense as well as was Miss Feather, Mr. Forest, Mr. Grey and Risinghawk. Everyone waited to see what the Pack Members were going to do.

    The talking really started then. The shocked surprise when the Pack realized what Jennifer was, half Other. The talking continued as the Pack Members debated the situation with each other. But no one rose in anger, no one challenged Jennifer’s right to be amongst them. Finally the talking grew quieter and eventually came to a halt. Not a single Pack Member had risen up against Jennifer.

     Quetzal smiled in relief. So did Armand and Miss Feather. The smiles spread to Mr. Black and Louise where she still sat with Cerise, Pine, Miss Snow and Michar. Then the Pack took turns rising and welcoming the newest Members of the Pack, even the one who was only half Wolf Person.

    “That was a surprise! I never realized Jennifer was half Other.” Cerise said to Louise.

    “We thought it best kept hidden until the Pack was use to her presence.” Louise explained.

    “I think that worked well.” said Cerise.

    “We couldn’t rightly hate her.” said Miss Snow. “Her Wolf Mother is Miss Feather.”

    “So true.” said Pine. “And she is one of us.”

    “Let’s go welcome the new Pack Members and celebrate them along with Mr. Stalker and Miss Starfire’s Mating.” said Louise standing up.

    “What about Armand and Miss Feather?” asked Miss Starfire as she joined them with Mr. Stalker.

    They all looked to where Armand and Miss Feather were accepting welcomes from the Pack for Alex and Jennifer with Quetzal hovering protectively close to Jennifer.

    “I don’t know sweetie. They will have to figure that out on their own.” Louise answered.




© 2010 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
This is the final chapter to The World Of The Wolf. The next and 6th book in the Wolf People series is The Dance Of The Wolf.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The story isn't finished so I'm glad there's more to come. Armand needs to redeem himself and he and Miss Feather need their happily ever after.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh ugh!......Armand and Miss Feather are still not together! I'm so glad you're doing another book, I can't stand it that Armand and Miss Feather didn't work through their problems and become Mates!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Aww... such a happy ending but yet still left hanging and NEEDING to read the next one.... you are so good at what you do! :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 17, 2010
Last Updated on October 17, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline