Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-Three

A Chapter by Tina Kline

   


    Things had settled down a little bit. Mr. Redwood, Miss Fern and Mr. Redwood’s Pack Members that had helped him carry out his plan to kidnap Miss Starfire were locked up in small separate buildings waiting for their decapitations.

   Sitting together in their house Louise held Miss Starfire close. “I’m so proud of you thinking of playing unconscious to avoid Mr. Redwood harming you.”

    They sat on the couch, Miss Starfire in between her Wolf Mother and Mr. Stalker. Mr. Stalker had his hand resting gently on Miss Starfire’s shoulder. “I’m so proud of you too Miss Starfire. It just shows how clever you are.”

    Miss Starfire smiled a small but pleased smile at his praise. “What about you Armand? You’re losing your Mate.” She turned her head slightly to look at him where he was leaning against the wall.

    Armand shrugged. “Right now there isn’t anything for me to do. Miss Fern must take her punishment for her betrayal.”

    Mr. Hunter spoke then. “There’s Miss Feather. She already gave birth to your Wolf Son. I’m certain the Pack will accept Little Jennifer once she’s officially introduced to them.”

    “I think Mr. Hunter is right.” said Mr. Black. “I don’t think there will be any serious difficulties.”

    Armand sighed. Then he looked at Miss Starfire and Mr. Stalker. “When are you two going to announce your Mating Ceremony?”

    “Right away.” answered Mr. Stalker. “I see no reason to wait.”

    “There isn’t any. Mr. Thunder has gracefully conceded that Miss Starfire is to be your Mate.” Armand said to Mr. Stalker.

    “I am grateful to him for that.” said Mr. Stalker.

    “When do you and Miss Feather want to officially introduce Alex to the Pack?” Louise asked Armand.

    “I think the sooner the better. I need to talk to her and Quetzal. Jennifer needs to be introduced as well. There is no reason to delay that either. We can introduce Alex and Jennifer at the same time.”

    Mr. Black spoke then, “Before we do any of that we need to perform the executions. It has already been decided. Mr. Redwood, Miss Fern and his Pack Members crimes are severe and in no doubt. The Pack has already agreed decapitations are to be their punishment. The other Pack Leaders agree. This is the way we will be dealing with crimes of this severe nature when members of more than one Pack are involved. Another thing that has changed since Packs have become friendly. So we will do the executions first and then perform Mr. Stalker and Miss Starfire’s Mating Ceremony and then introduce Alex and Jennifer to the Pack.”

    “Celebration after the decapitations is a fine idea.” agreed Louise.

    “I agree too.” said Mr. Stalker.

    “It is done then. Come on Mr. Stalker, let’s get these executions out of the way. Mr. Stonevalley and Mr. Whitewater will be here shortly. Along with  their Seconds to witness.” He looked at Armand. “Under the circumstance I would prefer you absent for this.”

    Armand nodded, feeling grim. He did prefer not to be present for Miss Fern’s beheading. “I’ll go talk to Miss Feather, let her know that Alex and Jennifer’s introduction to the Pack will be soon.” He started to walk toward the door.

    Louise stopped him before he got there. “Armand, my Wolf Son, don’t blame yourself for what is happening to Miss Fern. She made her own choices. Instead of being there for you at a difficult time she chose to think the worse of you and went with that.”

    Armand nodded. “I understand Mom.” He looked at her briefly then continued to the door. They all watched him leave.

    “He’s sure taken another blow.” said Mr. Hunter.

    “Yes he has. We all need to be there for him, help him through this.” said Louise.

    “I’m guessing he and Miss Feather will get together now.” said Miss Starfire. She was leaning against Mr. Stalker since Louise had risen to go to Armand.

    “Perhaps they will become Mates now if they can forgive each other and themselves for what has happened.” said Mr. Black. “Let’s go get our work done Mr. Stalker. Let’s put this sad business behind us.”

    “I agree.” Mr. Stalker said.

 

    Armand reached Moonshine and Mr. Grey’s house trying not  to think of Miss Fern’s imminent death. She would be dying shortly. I’m not going to think about it. He knocked on the door.

    “Dad!” Alex greeted upon opening the door.

    Armand smiled. He was so relieved that Alex was having no trouble accepting him as his Wolf Father. At least there are some good things in life, Armand thought, having a hard time not succumbing to his dark and morbid thoughts.

     “Son.” Armand said stepping into the house. He put his hand on Alex’s shoulder and pulled him to his side.

    “Hi Armand.” Quetzal greeted from his place on the floor with Jennifer. Quetzal was entertaining Jennifer with animal shapes made from deer and elk antlers.

    “I see you’re having a good  time.” Armand said with a smile. He thought Quetzal hadn’t looked so well or so at peace for a very long time. He was glad to see his Wolf Friend doing so much better.

    “I am.” Quetzal said with a bright smile.

    Miss Feather came into the room from the kitchen, Moonshine behind her.

   “Hi Armand.” Miss Feather smiled a small shy smile at him.

    Armand smiled back, a warm feeling flooding his body. A very pleasant feeling. That was the first real true smile she had given him since he had forced her to return to the Wolf People World.

    “I’m sorry about Miss Fern. Very, very sorry.” Moonshine said to Armand.

    “So am I.” said Miss Feather.

     Armand nodded. “Miss Feather, our Pack Leader has decided that it is time to officially introduce Alex and Jennifer to the Pack. And that does mean letting the Pack know of Jennifer’s dual nature.”

    “No!” Quetzal jumped to his feet. “Sorry.” He said as he realized his rash action as everyone stared at him in surprise.

    “This is good.” said Moonshine. “It needs to be done.” She looked at Miss Feather as she spoke.

    Miss Feather looked at Armand. “Yes it does need to be done and don’t worry Quetzal. You will be there as Jennifer’s protection if anything goes wrong.”

    “Nothing could keep me away.” said Quetzal.

    “Don’t I believe that.” Said Armand, his eyes locked on Miss Feather and her eyes were locked on him.

 



 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It looks like the secrets are about to be revealed. All must hope for the best for little Jennifer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm thinking everything is going to come together now. Great awesome book but its not over yet! Looking forward to more!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Miss Feather seems amenable to reconciliation or at least supportive of Armand and his loss of his mate... that seems like a good sign. It almost seems like everyone might get their happily-ever-after after all :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

364 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline