Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    As Mr. Black stepped out onto the porch of his house a howling and snarling rose up from the waiting Wolf People. Mr. Stalker stepped out right behind him, followed by Louise and Armand. Mr. Grey, Mr. Forest, Michar and Risinghawk were hovering at the door waiting for them to move for their chance to step out.

    Mr. Black raised his hands and the crowd instantly fell silent. “My Wolf Daughter, Miss Starfire, has been abducted by Mr. Redwood as you’ve all heard. She is to be Mates with Mr. Stalker which all of you know as well.”

    There were many angry mutters, snarls and much hissing. The Wolf People shifted restlessly. They were like a sea of agitation, coiled tightly, ready to spring into lethal action.

     “I need a large fighting force! Mr. Stalker will pick those of you he will lead to Mr. Redwood’s Village and confront his Pack if necessary. A small group led by me will leave right now for Mr. Redwood’s Village. We will be the first wave of rescue and attack. Mr. Redwood must pay for this outrage against myself, my Wolf Family and My Pack with decapitation!”

    The Wolf People broke into howling their outrage at what Mr. Redwood had done and their acceptance of his punishment. Many surged forward, eager for the fight.

    Mr. Black turned to Mr. Stalker, “Quickly pick out the best fighters and follow me as swiftly as you can.”

    Mr. Stalker nodded and leaped down from the porch and got to it.

    Mr. Black turned to Michar and Risinghawk. “Michar, go to Mr. Stonevalley’s Village and inform him what has happened. Tell him I am requesting his assistance in the rescue of Miss Starfire and the capture of Mr. Redwood and Miss Fern.” Then he turned to Risinghawk. “You go to Mr. Whitewater’s Village and deliver the exact same message. Inform him I am requesting his help.”

    “Will do.” said both Risinghawk and Michar.

    “Go quickly!” ordered Mr. Black.

    They both leaped away from the gathered Wolf People, shape shifting into their Wolf Forms as they did and raced away through the melting snow. Once they reached the shadowy Douglas Fir and leafless Broadleaf Maple forest they parted ways, each heading in the direction of their assigned Packs.

    Mr. Black descended the stairs and everyone in the house flowed out behind him. Mr. Hunter stood on the porch with Alex and Jennifer who was wearing her elk hide hat to conceal her ears. Mr. Hunter made sure she kept her face turned away from the Wolf People, a job Quetzal usually did. But right now Quetzal was trusting Mr. Hunter to take care of Jennifer. He was as outraged as everyone else about the kidnapping of Miss Starfire and was eager and ready to join the fight against Mr. Redwood and rescue Miss Starfire.

    Louise, who was still very pale but ready for battle, went to Armand. “I’m sorry about Miss Fern.” She said softly to her oldest Wolf Son.

    Armand felt his body shudder and fought for control. “So am I.” he said. “I gave her no reason to betray us like this.”

    “I know Son.”

    “I wasn’t going to put her aside. I had just explained this very painful decision to Miss Feather.”

    “You’re a good Wolf Person Armand. You had to deal with a very difficult situation. Now, I’m afraid, we need to concentrate on getting Miss Starfire back. Miss Fern will be dealt with for her betrayal.” Louise moved to stand beside her Mate.

   Armand knew what was going to happen to Miss Fern. She would suffer the same fate as Mr. Redwood. Decapitation. One of the only ways to kill a Wolf Person. She should not have chosen to help Mr. Redwood. She should have remained loyal and waited while he dealt with the return of Miss Feather and discovering he had a Wolf Son. Armand felt he had made the right decision as painful as it had been. He had chosen to stay with his Mate.

    Armand shook himself. He didn’t have time to think about his problems right now. Mr. Black was gathering his chosen Pack Members to go with him in the first wave of attack. Armand went to his Pack Leader and Wolf Father to take his place.

 

    Mr. Redwood strolled into his Village with the still unconscious Miss Starfire wrapped in a couple deer hide blankets in his arms with Miss Fern by his side. He was greeted by several Pack Members who eyed his large bundle with open curiosity.

   Miss Fern greeted her Wolf Friends with a strained smile. She wondered how many could tell she was faking her smile. She felt nervous and her guilt was enormous. Why did I do this? Why did I do this? Miss Fern kept asking herself. Because Armand is going to put me aside for his one and only love Miss Feather, she told herself.

   “I’m going to my Wolf Parent’s house.” Miss Fern said to Mr. Redwood. “Later you can point out my new house.” She glanced at the bundle in his arms. “Try not to make it too much later. You did promise me.”

    Mr. Redwood grinned. “She’s still out. I’ll put her down, restrain her and come by and take you to your house. Then I can enjoy my prize without interruption.”

    Miss Fern felt a tinge of regret and strong surge of guilt. She knew what a brute Mr. Redwood could be and Miss Starfire had never done her any harm. Quite the opposite. Miss Starfire had always been friendly and kind to her. Sorry Miss Starfire, I know you don’t deserve what he’s about to do to you, she thought. But Miss Fern wasn’t going to worry about any of that now. What was done was done. She headed toward her Wolf Parent’s house.

    Miss Fern glanced back once and watched Mr. Redwood for a moment as he headed away from her through the Village toward his house. His head was high, there was a triumphal spring to his step and she knew he was bursting with happiness and with lust. She noticed he got a lot of curious looks from Pack Members about the bundle he was carrying in his arms. It was just the right size for a body. Miss Fern turned away, pushing her guilt and mounting torment for what she’d done to a very innocent Miss Starfire way down deep inside so she wouldn’t have to look at what she’d done anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dun dun dun cant wait to see whats next! It's getting SOOO exciting! How suspenseful :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The action in this is getting very intense. I can't see this ending at all in a positive manner for Miss Fern. I think she went too far.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's going to be a serious price to pay for this one, that's for sure. Awesome, can't wait to read what happens next!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
3 Reviews
Added on October 9, 2010
Last Updated on October 9, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline