Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Armand hung his head and sighed, realizing this wasn’t at all what Miss Feather wanted to hear. But she keeps on talking about how she wants to take Alex and Jennifer and leave, Armand reminded himself, does she want me to put aside Miss Fern and take her as my Mate? Suddenly Armand wasn’t at all sure what he should do.

    “Don’t worry Armand. No one expects you to give up Miss Fern.” Miss Feather’s voice was thick with her bitterness.

    Armand lifted his head and looked at her. “Is that what you want Miss Feather, for me to give up Miss Fern?”

    Miss Feather made an unhappy sound. “I had hoped. I’m not going to lie and say no.”

    Now Armand growled. He reached out and grabbed her, pulling her to him. He claimed her mouth with his, moaning as he did so. Miss Feather struggled for a moment, and then she surrendered to his kiss. Armand was just starting to deepen the kiss when they both heard loud voices outside the house.

    They broke abruptly apart, both looking about wildly. “I wonder what is going on.” Armand stood. The voices passing by the house were loud and angry. Something had happened. Armand reached for Miss Feather’s hand and pulled her to her feet. “Come on. It sounds like the crowd is heading for my Wolf Parent’s house.” They both hurried out of the house.

    The Wolf People were streaming toward Mr. Black’s house with angry and agitated expressions on their faces and with the same anger and agitation in their voices.

     “What’s happened?” Armand felt very concerned as he hurried toward his Wolf Parent’s house with Miss Feather right along with him, his hand still holding tightly onto hers.

 

     “It was easy, wasn’t it?” asked Mr. Redwood as he hurried through the slush of melting snow in the forest. He held an unconscious Miss Starfire in his arms. “Soon I shall taste of her sweet body.”

    “Make it good.” said Miss Fern. “This had better be worthwhile for me too.”

    Mr. Redwood looked down at her where she walked beside him. On each side of both of them two male Wolf People walked, fully alert for any trouble. “It will be fully worth your while Miss Fern. If it hadn’t been for you I wouldn’t have my prize right now. And my plan worked so wonderfully, didn’t it?”

    Miss Fern smiled. “Miss Starfire never expected a thing. Surprising her with a hard hit on the back of the head was easy. All she could talk about and think about was Mr. Stalker. I don’t even think they love each other. Carrying her out of the Village was a little tricky but I managed with the help of the Wolf People you provided for diversions.”

    Mr. Redwood nodded in satisfaction and then he snarled. “And to think she was about to give Mr. Stalker what is mine.”

    Laughing, Miss Fern said, “He won’t get her body now.”

    “No he won’t.”

    They continued hurrying toward Mr. Redwood’s Village where he felt he would be safe. He had some elk hide blankets hidden in a dry spot in the forest near his Village to cover Miss Starfire with before entering the Village. He didn’t want any of his Pack Members to see what or who he was carrying unconscious into the Village. He had no doubt word would get back to Mr. Black that Miss Starfire had been brought into the Village by Mr. Redwood unconscious.

     “You can move back to my Village Miss Fern. Why not just do it now, don’t bother returning to Armand. He has his Miss Feather now.”

    Miss Fern felt a wave of guilt and regret swell in her. She really had no reason to return. Armand was going to leave her for Miss Feather. There was nothing there for her now. At least by helping Mr. Redwood she had secured a place for herself in his Pack again. “I’ll stay. I have no reason to return to Armand.”

    “Good. You can have your own house. You don’t have to move back in with your Wolf Parents.”

    “Thank you.”

    “Thank you Miss Fern.” Grinning and eager to have his first taste of Miss Starfire, he held her tighter. His village wasn’t very far now.

 

    When Armand and Miss Feather reached his Wolf Parent’s house there was already a very agitated and excited crowd around it. Feeling faint with alarm Armand and Miss Feather rushed up the steps and went inside. The house was full of Wolf People. The first thing Armand noticed was his Wolf Mother’s face, shockingly white and strained. His Wolf Father had his arm tightly around her, looking like he was probably holding her up.

    Mr. Stalker’s face was red and he was talking angrily. Mr. Grey, Mr. Forest, Michar and Risinghawk were listening, their faces twisted in anger. Miss Snow and Pine were helping to support his Wolf Mother. He noticed Moonshine was there and wondered where Alex was. It was then he noticed Mr. Hunter’s bedroom door was open and Alex was in there along with Mr. Thunder, Quetzal and Jennifer. Everyone in there looked very upset but Mr. Hunter looked devastated.

    He heard Miss Feather gasp beside him. “Armand!”

    He looked down at her. “What?”

   “Can’t you hear? Listen!”

    And he did. He really felt faint with shock when he realized what everyone was talking about. No wonder everyone was so upset. No wonder Mr. Hunter looked like his life was over! No wonder he, himself, suddenly felt like he was ready to kill. They all were. And so was the whole Pack. It was unbelievable! Miss Fern had helped Mr. Redwood kidnap his younger Wolf Sister! Mr. Redwood had Miss Starfire right at this very moment!  Armand couldn’t at all believe or accept Miss Fern had helped Mr. Redwood get a hold of Miss Starfire! His Mate! He felt like he couldn’t stand up much longer he was so weakened by this shock.

    Suddenly Mr. Stalker’s voice rose above the noise in the house. “We go after Mr. Redwood and Miss Fern now!” he roared.

    Armand’s mind was in chaos. Miss Fern? Helping Mr. Redwood kidnap Miss Starfire?

    Mr. Black was moving toward the door with everyone behind him. “We go now! We take a fighting number with us just in case Mr. Redwood’s Pack stands beside him.”

   Armand felt overwhelmed with sickness. He had to get control of himself and his emotions. He would be ready and was ready to do battle for his little Wolf Sister. He’d deal with his Mate’s betrayal once he was face to face with her.

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What can possibly be next? Everything is really a mess and Miss Fern just made her life worse by believing the worst of Armand when he had no plans on putting her aside.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now Miss Fern and Mr. Redwood will be forced to pay for their actions, kidnapping the Pack Leader's Daughter and Mr. Stalkers soon to be Mate. Love the action building up in this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ah! the action's atarting in earnest now! Cannot wait to see how this all plays out!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

302 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2010
Last Updated on October 7, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline