Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

A Chapter by Tina Kline

   


     Watching Armand leaving to go visit his Wolf Son Alex, Miss Fern felt a burning stab of resentment and jealousy. He’s going to be seeing Miss Feather too, she thought. Well, he’ll be sorry. Once Armand was out of sight walking through the slushy, melting snow Miss Fern slipped out too.

     Mr. Redwood was waiting for her and Miss Fern couldn’t wait to tell him the news. Miss Starfire and Mr. Stalker were going to be Mated! She giggled as she walked through the slush toward the edge of the Village and where the Douglas Fir and bare limbed Broadleaf Maple forest started. Mr. Redwood was soon to be in a rage. He’d need to kidnap Miss Starfire right away if he planned on having her.

    Miss Fern walked through the Village as if everything was normal, nodding and giving greetings to Pack Members as needed but her mind was spinning. Armand will be sorry for betraying me. He’ll be so sorry for still wanting Miss Feather. I know he’s going to put me aside for her! Oh why couldn’t I give him the Wolf Children he wanted! Miss Fern wiped tears from her eyes and gave a couple sniffs.

     She reached the edge of the forest and shape shifted into her white Wolf Form. Her yellowish green eyes burned with her unhappiness and then she lunged forward, racing through the dark shadowy forest toward her meeting with Mr. Redwood.

 

    “Dad!” greeted Alex as soon as Armand reached Mr. Grey and Moonshine’s house.

    “Alex, my Wolf Son!” Armand was relieved Alex had taken to him so quickly. It was almost as if there never was a time when they didn’t know each other. Every time he came to visit since he and Alex had been officially introduced he longed more and more to have a home with Alex and Miss Feather and he’d take in Jennifer as well. Alex threw himself at his Wolf Dad as soon as Armand entered the house.

    Moonshine and Miss Feather watched with bright happy eyes. Armand was relieved to see Miss Feather really was smiling. He hoped she’d give up her idea to return to the Human World with Alex and Jennifer.

    Quetzal wouldn’t like it if Miss Feather took Jennifer away. He was completely taken with Jennifer. It was almost as if Jennifer were his Wolf Daughter. Miss Feather, Armand knew, was grateful for Quetzal’s interest in Jennifer. She was grateful her little daughter had a protector, her own champion.

    “Armand.” Moonshine greeted.

    “Moonshine, Miss Feather.” He put an arm around Alex’s shoulder. “And Alex.” He gazed down at his Wolf Son who was gazing up at him.

    “Are we going to do something together?” Alex asked hopefully. “Watch the werewolves hunt?”

    “No! No!” Armand laughed. “It’s better to keep out of the way of hunting Wolves. You’ll understand someday.”

     “When I become a werewolf?”

    “A Wolf Person.” Armand said. “A mature Wolf Person.”

    “I can’t wait.” grinned Alex.

    Armand looked at Miss Feather. Seeing them exchange looks Moonshine decided it was time for her to become busy somewhere else. She got up. “I have some things to do. Alex, can you come help me? I could sure use your help. Mr. Grey might be needing our help too Alex.”

    “Okay.” Alex  replied. Then he looked at Armand. “Is that okay with you Dad?”

    “Yes it is. We’ll do something together later.” Armand said to him.

    Moonshine took Alex by the hand and they left together. 

    Miss Feather chuckled as she watched her Wolf Mother and Wolf Son leaving; glad her Wolf Mother respected her and Armand’s need for privacy as they continued settling things between them.

    “I take it Jennifer is with Quetzal?” Armand said.

    “She is. Ever since Quetzal joined Mr. Black’s Pack and acquired his own house that’s where she spends most of her day.”

    “He’ll protect her with his life, you know.”

    “I know. I’m positive Quetzal wants her for his Mate once she matures.”

    “And Wolf People mature quickly and I bet Jennifer does as well. You need to introduce her and Alex to the Pack soon. You must reveal to the Pack Jennifer’s dual nature.”

    Miss Feather’s features turned strained. “I know Armand.”

    “I think the Pack won’t have too much trouble accepting Jennifer. She’ll always have my protection too.”

    “Thank you Armand.”

    They stared at each other. Armand felt his desire blossom and burn down low in his body; he felt his body tightening with his desire for her. Visions of them together, naked, pleasuring each other flashed in his mind.

    Miss Feather was feeling the same things, her body suddenly hot and moist, aching with her desire for Armand. Her heart rate increased.

    Looking at each other they both realized they wanted the same thing.

    Clearing his throat, feeling suddenly strangely nervous Armand took a seat. He had to stay in control. It would do no good to lose it now and he and Miss Feather ended up Mating. “We need to figure out how things are going to be between us Miss Feather.” He said.

    Miss Feather looked sad a moment then forced a bright smile. “You have a Mate.”

    “I do. And I don’t think I should put Miss Fern aside. But under no circumstances do I want you to return to the Human World. Your life is here, with your Wolf People.” Armand felt his heart beat painfully but he felt what he was doing was right. Miss Fern was his Mate. But still, he looked at Miss Feather, she had been his original choice and he still desperately wanted her. Oh why, oh why didn’t I go after her when she had been kidnapped and taken into the Human World? He cried out to himself. I’m so stupid! Miss Feather blinked like she was fighting back tears. Have I just made another horrible mistake by saying I wouldn’t put Miss Fern aside? Armand wondered. He reached out to take Miss Feather’s hand. With an angry hiss she jerked her hands out of his reach.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome story and such tangled webs we weave.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Does seem like things are a big mess right now. At least Alex is okay with Armand as his father.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Such a sad complicated situation.... too bad Miss Fern is amking Armand's decision for him, he wouldn't have put her aside but I'm sure he won't hesitate when he learns of her part in Mr. Redwood's plans....

Posted 13 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2010
Last Updated on October 6, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline