Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Armand and Miss Feather stopped laughing and just stared at each other. In the distance the coyotes still sang. Closer the soft whooting of an owl drifted across the Village. The sounds of water dripping came from right outside the house and further off as the temperatures gradually warmed, melting the snow.

    Armand wanted Miss Feather. Right now. He had a vision of Mating with her right here in the kitchen. He felt his body tighten in response, felt his heart rate increase and his breathing became shallow. Watching Miss Feather he knew she was thinking the same thing. They were both blocking their thoughts but he didn’t need to read her mind to know she wanted him just as much as he wanted her.

    “I want you to tell Alex that I am his Wolf Father.” Armand said, pushing his vision of pleasuring Miss Feather and her pleasuring him from his mind.

    Miss Feather looked away. She knew she had to do this, tell Alex who his father was. It didn’t matter what she wanted. Taking a deep breath she stood. “Alright Armand. We’ll do this now. I’ve put it off for a while even after I told Alex he would be meeting someone special. We’ll do this now.” She walked into the living room. Armand followed.

    Miss Feather went to the door and opened it. Armand sat on the couch. His body burned with his excitement. Alex was about to learn Armand was his Wolf Father. How would his Wolf Child react? Angry? Happy? Uncaring and indifferent? Well, I’m about to find out, he thought.

    “Alex.” called Miss Feather. “Honey, will you come in here?”

    Alex looked up from his games in the melting snow with Quetzal, Jennifer and Moonshine. “Now, Mom?”

    “Yes. Mother will you come too?”

    “Of course Daughter.” Moonshine reached for Alex’s hand. “Come along. Let’s go see what your Wolf Mother wants.”

    Quetzal and Jennifer watched. “Can I come too?” Jennifer asked.

    “No, you stay with Quetzal for now sweetie.” Moonshine said.

    Once inside Moonshine and Alex shed their snow damp coats and took seats. It didn’t take Moonshine very long to realize what was about to happen. Miss Feather and Armand had finally agreed to let Alex know who his real father was.

    Mr. Grey appeared and he sat beside Moonshine on the couch. Armand stood and let Alex sit in the comfy chair. Miss Feather sat on the arm of the chair beside her Wolf Son. Armand stood close to them. We are a family, he thought in his mind. If only Miss Feather were my Mate right now instead of Miss Fern.

    “What do you want Mom?” Alex asked. He wanted to be back outside and playing in the slushy snow with Jennifer and Quetzal.

     Miss Feather put her arm around him. “I have something to tell you Alex. Something I promised to tell you when we first arrived here. It’s very important. I want you to listen, really listen to me. Okay?”

    Alex looked up at his mother. She was very serious. Suddenly Alex felt nervous. He remembered his mother telling him he was going to meet someone special and then that had never happened. She had said he would meet this someone when the time was right. The time must be right now and he realized his life was about to change and probably get a whole lot weirder. “I’m listening.” He said.

    “Okay Alex. Armand is your real father, your biological father.” She felt him stiffen as he stared first at her then up at Armand. He sucked in his breath and let it out in a loud whoosh of air. “Well Alex?” Miss Feather said softly.

    Armand watched his son, feeling very nervous, afraid Alex would reject him. “I’m proud that you’re my Wolf Son Alex.” He said in a gentle voice.

    Alex looked down at his hands. Then he glanced up at Armand again and looked away again. He knew everyone in the room was watching him, waiting for his response. “I kinda thought that was the case. Jennifer noticed we look a lot alike.” Then he looked at Armand once more. “If you’re my dad does that mean I’m werewolf too?”

    Armand smiled, relieved and pleased Alex wasn’t turning on him. “You’re one of the Wolf People, yes.” Armand answered.

    “How come don’t I change into a Wolf then?”

    “You will have that ability when you mature.” Armand told him.

    Alex looked at Miss Feather. “That means you’re a werewolf too.”

    “I am a Wolf Person as well.” Miss Feather said.

    “You never told me or Jennifer.” Alex said.

    “This life I left behind Alex. But I would have told you when you matured. I would have taken you hunting with me.”

     “What about Jennifer? Is she a Wolf Person too?” Alex asked.

    “She has Wolf People blood in her but she’s not 100% Wolf Person.” Miss Feather told him.

    “Yeah, she looks a lot like Kyle.” Alex said. “So maybe she won’t be able to change into a Wolf.” He paused. “Armand…or can I say dad…nice to know for sure.”

    “I’m glad you know son. Calling me Dad is fine. Actually I’d be pleased if you did. I want us to get to know each other better. I want you to learn the ways of the Wolf People and for you to take your rightful place at my side. I hope that is what you want as well, my Wolf Son.”

    Suddenly Alex was looking at Miss Feather, his eyes wide with alarm. “What’s up Mom? Armand is talking, like, long term here? Like forever. When are we going home?”

    Miss Feather pulled him close. “Don’t get upset Alex.”

    “But Mom!” cried Alex.

    Armand felt a surge of anger. Miss Feather hadn’t done a very good job explaining to her Wolf Children that they weren’t going back to their lives in the Human World. This just made their situation all that much harder and harder for him to have a positive relationship with his Wolf Son. He felt resentment at her for making things harder for him where Alex was concerned.

    Mr. Grey and Moonshine stood up. “My Wolf Daughter, you haven’t explained to Alex and Jennifer the way things are now after all this time. That’s not a good thing, you know.” Mr. Grey said.

    Miss Feather glanced at her Wolf Parents then at Armand. “I just don’t think it’s a good idea, us staying here. What of Jennifer?”

    “She will be accepted.” said Mr. Grey.

    “Give the Wolf People some credit to show mercy. Things aren’t like they use to be, you know.” Moonshine said.

    “What does that mean Mother?” Alex asked.

    “You need to explain the true situation to Alex and Jennifer. Now is a really good time.” Armand said to Miss Feather.

     Miss Feather felt any control she thought she had completely disappear.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Miss Feather and her two children have really been pulled back into the Wolf World. I don't think she's leaving.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The situation is deepening and very complicated. Eager to see how this all works out.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
2 Reviews
Added on October 6, 2010
Last Updated on October 6, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline