Chapter Twenty-Two

Chapter Twenty-Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter walked together along a path through the snow toward the snowy and shadowy Douglas fir and leafless Broadleaf Maple forest. Around them the normal Village activity went on, many of the Wolf People greeting the Pack Leader’s twin Wolf Daughter and Wolf Son.

    “I hate Mr. Redwood. I’m glad I never became his Mate.” said Miss Starfire.

    “So am I.” agreed Mr. Hunter. He nodded to a male Pack Member as they passed on the path.

    Miss Starfire glanced up at her Wolf Brother. “I like what we did.”

    Mr. Hunter smiled down at her. “So did I. We should practice more on each other; learn how to please our Mates when we do eventually get ones.”

    They reached the edge of the Village and stopped walking. They both gazed into its shadowy depths, thinking of the possibility of an encounter in there.

    “Should we explore now?” Mr. Hunter asked.

    Miss Starfire made a nervous giggle and moved closer to him. “Why not?”

    “Hmmm.” Mr. Hunter easily spotted several Wolf People in Wolf Form moving just inside the forest. “Perhaps not. There are just too many patrols around the Village right now. The Others and Mr. Redwood, you know.”

    “Yes I do.”

    “Let’s go back to the house. No one will disturb us in one of our rooms.” Mr. Hunter said looking down at Miss Starfire.

    “Okay!” She giggled again, thinking how wonderful Mr. Hunter had made her feel. She was eager to feel that again and so much more.

    Mr. Hunter was just as eager. He was shocked and thrilled at how his body responded to his thoughts of what he wanted to do with Miss Starfire. He’d never felt this way thinking of any Wolf Female before. “Let’s go.” Mr. Hunter said and they turned and hurried to their house.

 

    Quetzal had let Mr. Stonevalley know of his decision to transfer Pack Loyalty to Mr. Black’s Pack. While he wasn’t pleased with Quetzal’s decision he didn’t protest it. Wolf People were occasionally changing Pack Loyalties ever since Packs had started becoming friendly with one another. Quetzal also informed his Wolf Parents. Once that was done he found an available house in Mr. Black’s Village and made it ready for living in.

    Pleased things had gone so smoothly Quetzal’s thoughts went to Jennifer. Now he’d be able to protect her once the Pack was made aware of her mixed blood. Quetzal growled softly. When that announcement was made he’d be there to declare his Protection of Little Jennifer. He’d take her into his home if need be but he hoped things wouldn’t go that badly for her. He would be there for her, be a big part of her life from now on. He’d be there when she matured. He’d take her as his Mate if she was willing.

    Quetzal smiled as he stood on the porch of his new home. He was close enough to Moonshine and Mr. Grey’s house to see their front porch. Yes, life was looking positive like it hadn’t done so in a very very long time.

 

 

           *    *

    “I need to talk to Miss Starfire.” Mr. Thunder said to Armand after coming upon him walking to his house after the meeting. He noticed Armand didn’t look too happy but approached him anyway. Perhaps they’d be able to make things a little better for each other.

    Armand sighed. After his brief discussion with his Wolf Dad he just wanted to be alone. But he knew he couldn’t brush Mr. Thunder off. The moment of revealing the truth to his Wolf Friend had arrived.

    Little ivory snowflakes were drifting down around them from the dark, heavily overcast sky. A light breeze coiled and twisted through the Village sending snow flurries and vortexes all around.

    “Mr. Thunder…” Armand said.

    “Is Miss Starfire at home?”

    “I don’t know. I just left a meeting that was held at the Meeting House.”

    “Oh, yeah, Pack Business. I bet you’re eager to get to your home.”

    Armand just stood there and stared at him.

    “Oh. Sorry.” Mr. Thunder said realizing just then Armand would be thinking more about Miss Feather right now than Miss Fern. “Well, Armand, I’m heading to Miss Starfire’s house. You and I need to get together later.”

    “Wait Mr. Thunder.” Armand said as Mr. Thunder moved to go around him.

    “What?” Mr. Thunder stopped, trying not to let his impatience control him.

    “Miss Starfire isn’t interested in any Wolf Male to be Mates with. That means neither Mr. Redwood nor you.”

    “What!”

    “That’s right. I know it’s hard to hear.” Armand said.

    “Yes. That’s true. But…” Mr. Thunder pushed his shocked dismay aside. “…but that doesn’t mean I can’t keep trying!”

    “Don’t push her Mr. Thunder.” warned Armand. “She’s not interested.”

    Mr. Thunder growled. “Now this just can’t be.”

    “It is.”

    Mr. Thunder’s radiant yellowish brown eyes flashed crimson with his mounting anger. “Okay.” He finally said. He turned and walked off.

     Armand felt even worse than before. He watched a large snowflake spinning to the earth horizontally. The light breeze carried it in his direction. As soon as it got close enough he punched it with his fist. It shattered and the little shards were carried off by the breeze. He watched them with a grim look on his face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What are the twins up to, I think I know. Naughty them and Mr. Thunder's dreams are over but Quetzal is finally finding something to be happy about.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Well, it seems like there is a lot going on with Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter. Now Mr. Thunder knows Miss Starfire isn't for him. Quetzal seems to be the only one who is happy now. Awesome story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

For a minute there I thought Mr. Thunder was going to go to the house and catch them in the act!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2010
Last Updated on September 16, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline