Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “We’ll have more rooms built right away my Wolf Daughter.” Moonshine said as Miss Feather sat down on the couch. She held Jennifer tightly to her. Quetzal had reluctantly handed her over after they were inside Miss Feather’s Wolf Parent’s house. After that he left to start the process of leaving Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack and acquiring a house of his own in Mr. Black’s Village.

    “That will be great…but…” Miss Feather started to say.

    “No buts Daughter. You belong here, Alex and Jennifer as well.” Mr. Grey said.

    “I have a life…we have a life…in the Human World.” Miss Feather said forcefully.

    “Did have a life. Get use to the did have a life.” Mr. Grey said.

    “Mama. How long are we going to be here?” Alex asked.

    “I want to go home.” Jennifer said in a whisper.

    “Take your Wolf Children into your room Miss Feather and explain to them. Make them understand.” Moonshine said. She tried to sound strong but felt too unstable inside to achieve that. Her Wolf Daughter coming home was still new to her and returning with two Wolf Children was even harder to take in. She didn’t really want to think about Jennifer not really being a Wolf Child.

    Miss Feather stood up. “You all can just fantasize I’m back and staying but we do have a life to return to.” She set Jennifer down and took her by the hand. “Come on Alex.” She went to her bedroom with her children.

    Moonshine gave her Mate an anguished look.

    “Don’t worry my love. Our Wolf Daughter will come around. She’s home and she’s not leaving.”

    Moonshine heaved a big sigh. “What to feed Alex and Jennifer? I don’t think they’ve been eating like Wolf People in the Human World.”

    Mr. Grey shook his head. “Now, that is going to be a problem.”

 

    “Mr. Redwood has been spotted outside the Village.” Mr. Forest told Mr. Black. “He hasn’t given up.”

    “I didn’t think he would.” Mr. Black said.

    “He won’t get into the Village.” Michar said.

    They were in the Meeting Hall sitting at a table discussing Pack Business. Risinghawk and Mr. Stalker were there as well as Armand who was taking part in Pack Discussions now.

    “I wouldn’t be so quick to come to that conclusion.” said Mr. Forest. “He’s smart. He can probably find a way.”

    “We just need to be prepared for anything.” Risinghawk said. “Expect the

unexpected.”

    “That sounds like a human saying.” Mr. Stalker said.

    “It is but it’s appropriate to this situation.” said Risinghawk.

    “Okay.” said Mr. Black. “Remind everyone on patrols to keep a sharp lookout for Mr. Redwood. Let them know under no circumstance is he to be allowed into the Village and make sure they know not to dismiss anything as unimportant. Check everything out, no matter how insignificant it seems.” He looked at Armand. “Now, about Jennifer. She’s our number 2 problem.”

    Armand sighed. What to do about Miss Feather’s half Other Wolf Child, he thought.

    No one responded to Mr. Black’s comment. Mr. Black looked at each of them one at a time with his off white eyes. “I realize this is unpleasant but the situation needs a solution before it becomes a major problem.”
    “It is Jennifer, not a problem.” said Armand.

    “And Jennifer is part Other. And we all know how we feel about the Others.” Mr. Black said to him.

    “Introduce Jennifer to the Pack after she’s been here a while. Give the Pack time to get use to her and Alex and make their Official Pack Introduction together.” suggested Risinghawk. “I noticed that her Other features weren’t all that pronounced.”

    “I noticed that as well. That will make it easier for the Pack to accept her.” Michar said.

    “Is Miss Feather even staying here? It seemed to me she wants to return to her place in the Human World.” said Mr. Stalker.

    Armand jumped up from his chair to protest Miss Feather leaving before he realized what he was doing and shouted, “Of course she’s staying!” Then he felt himself heat up with embarrassment at his sudden display of emotion at the thought of Miss Feather leaving. He sat back down quickly. “She’s staying. And so is Alex.” He said in a calmer voice.

    Everyone stared at him a moment, no one really surprised at his emotional outburst over Miss Feather.

    “Perhaps we need to make certain Miss Feather is staying before we solve the Jennifer problem.” Mr. Stalker said.

    Armand looked at him with a crimson glare. “She’s staying.” He said forcefully.

    Mr. Stalker looked at Mr. Black who was watching his Wolf Son with narrowed eyes. Here’s another problem, Mr. Black thought, in the form of my oldest Wolf Son. Mr. Black took his eyes off Armand. “We can’t hide Jennifer so I think letting the Wolf People get use to her presence then make her Official Introduction to the Pack along with Alex at the same time is the best way to go. We can explain her dual bloodline at that time. We’ll need to include Mr. Stonevalley and Mr. Whitewater at the Official Introduction Ceremony seeing as their Pack’s are our closest neighbors and this will affect all Wolf People eventually.”

     Everyone noticed he didn’t include Mr. Redwood’s Pack.

    They all agreed on the plan of Jennifer’s introduction. The meeting was over. Mr. Black took Armand aside as the rest left the Meeting House.

    “My Son. You still have strong feelings for Miss Feather. That is obvious. And she has given you a Wolf Son. You need to solve this personal problem so you can focus on Pack Business.”

    “Miss Fern is my Mate.” Armand said.

    “But Miss Feather was your first choice. You Mated with her and now you two have a Wolf Child together.” Mr. Black said.

    Armand felt despair choking him at the truth of his Wolf Father’s words.

 

 

 

   



© 2010 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
There are a couple lines that for some reason would not increase in font size with the rest of the writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Armand, torn between two woman. One he loves, perhaps the other but perhaps he just caught her on the rebound. Mr. Redwood is lurking about just waiting to catch Miss Starfire. The complication in this is outstanding.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A situation where someone loses big time. Great job in describing the frustration and confusion.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Poor Armand. His decision to abandoned Miss Feather is sure torturing him now.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 16, 2010
Last Updated on September 16, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline