Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    When Armand led the way from the snowy dark Douglas Fir and bare limbed Broadleaf Maple forest holding tightly to Miss Feather, there was a scream from Moonshine. Louise let out an unbelieving gasp and the Wolf People watching from a discreet distance let out a collective sound of disbelief.

    “Mom!” cried Miss Feather surging forward. Armand dropped his hand, letting her go.

    “Miss Feather!” Moonshine opened up her arms as she rushed through the snow as if it was no longer there. Miss Feather fell into her arms.

    Mr. Grey put his arms around both of them, holding them up. Without his support they would have collapsed into a sobbing heap into the snow.

    Louise and Mr. Black went to meet Armand. Louise nodded toward the two children. “Miss Feather’s?” Louise asked.

    “Yes.” said Armand.

    “The Wolf Boy looks a lot like you, my Son.” Mr. Black said.

    “Alex. My Wolf Son. The little female Quetzal is holding is Jennifer. Not my Wolf Daughter.”

    Neither Louise nor Mr. Black needed to ask whose daughter she was.

    “I think we should all go to your house Mr. Black, as it’s the closest place.” Mr. Stalker said.

    “You’re right. We need to straighten this situation out.” said Mr. Black.

    Mr. Thunder stood beside Armand still holding onto a now silent, confused and frightened Alex. Quetzal held Jennifer close, making sure her hair covered her ears to conceal to the other Wolf People their slightly pointed tips. He also made sure she didn’t look around so no one could see her slightly rounded eyes. He was afraid of the possible negative reactions the Wolf People would have if they saw she had blood from the Others coursing through her veins.

    “Everyone, let’s get out of the snow and inside. We all need to talk.” Mr. Black announced.

    Moonshine and Miss Feather were too involved to hear anything. But Mr. Grey heard and he urged them forward. “Come on you two, let’s go inside.” His radiant green eyes were moist with his boundless joy that his Wolf Daughter was alive and back.

    As the group headed toward Mr. Black’s house Armand looked down at Alex, his Wolf Son. He didn’t know how he felt about having a Wolf Son he never knew about. But he did feel guilt. He could have been Mated with Miss Feather, could have watched her grown big with their Wolf Son, been there when he was born, watch him grow to be who he was now. He wanted to reach out and take his hand from Mr. Thunder.

    Why not? He’s my Wolf Son. Why should I hesitate? Why this uncertain feeling? Armand moved next to Alex and looked at Mr. Thunder. Mr. Thunder let Alex go and Armand took his hand.

    “Don’t worry Alex. All will be well. Your Wolf Mother is just happy to be with her Wolf Parents. And they are happy to have her back.” He looked down at Alex as he said this.

    “They are my grandma and grandpa?” Alex asked.

    Ah, human terms, Armand thought. He knew what the terms meant, thanks to the education about the Human World from his Mom. “Yes Alex, they are. And they will be happy to meet you, their grandson.”

    Alex smiled slightly and just as fast the smile was gone.

    Louise helped Mr. Grey get Moonshine and Miss Feather up the steps and into the house. Miss Snow and Pine were there.

    Armand was glad Miss Fern was at her Wolf Parent’s house in Mr. Redwood’s Village but he knew the news would probably reach there soon if not already. Miss Fern could be on her way back even now.

    Once they were all in the house they settled where ever they could. Moonshine, Mr. Grey and Miss Feather were on the couch. Louise sat in the comfy chair. Mr. Black stood on one side, Mr. Stalker on the other. Miss Snow and Pine found places as did Michar and Mr. Forest. Armand kept Alex with him, who seemed as if he was already comfortable with his Wolf Father even though he didn’t realize who Armand was yet. Quetzal sat on the floor still holding Jennifer. He felt very protective of her and so far no one appeared concerned so he planned on holding her as long as possible and shield her dual nature.

    Miss Feather and Moonshine had calmed a bit and the shock and excitement of Miss Feather’s return had toned down slightly.

    Now Armand, Mr. Thunder, Quetzal and Miss Feather told the story of their encounter only just a little while ago.

    “We’re all so sorry honey.” Mr. Grey said. “Sorry for what you had to go through. You and your two Wolf Children will naturally live with us. We’ll quickly add two rooms, one for Alex and one for Jennifer.”

    Miss Feather smiled weakly. She glanced at Armand and looked away. “There is something you must know first.”

    “What is that?” Moonshine asked, concerned at Miss Feather’s seriousness.

    Miss Feather looked at Quetzal who was holding Jennifer. “Bring Jennifer to me.” She said to him.

    This is it, Quetzal thought, this is where I come in. I’ll protect you Jennifer. He stood up and crossed the room and handed over Jennifer.

    “Mama.” Jennifer said.

    “Honey.” Miss Feather said and she moved her daughter’s hair away from her ears and positioned her so everyone could see her eyes.

 

   

   



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This stop just when I wanted it to keep going...........!!!! Wonder how the Wolf People are going to react to little Jennifer. This group is pretty close so I'm hoping for the positive. Its the rest of the Pack that will be the problem if there is one. Outstanding story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

on to the next :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cliffhanger!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very cool chapter with quite a cliffhanging ending. Looking forward to more. Very cool pen on this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The tension is really mounting and I'm hanging on that last sentence...............Ugh, what's happening with little Jennifer!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree Black Cat Fever. Stopped just when I wanted it to keep going.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This stop just when I wanted it to keep going...........!!!! Wonder how the Wolf People are going to react to little Jennifer. This group is pretty close so I'm hoping for the positive. Its the rest of the Pack that will be the problem if there is one. Outstanding story!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 6, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Chapter 27 Chapter 27

A Chapter by Tina Kline