Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    The whole Village knew Armand was on his way with Miss Feather and that Mr. Thunder and Quetzal were with them. And the fact that there were Wolf Children with them caused the word to spread faster than any wildfire ever could.

    Mr. Grey and Moonshine, Miss Feather’s Wolf Parents, were banging on Mr. Black and Louise’s door while the word continued spreading outward.

    Mr. Black flung open the door. He knew why they were there. The whole Village was buzzing with this revelation.

    “Yes.” Mr. Black said. “They are on their way. Your Wolf Daughter is with them.”

    Moonshine started to go down to her knees screaming. Mr. Grey caught her and held her up. “Oh my Wolf Child! Alive! Alive!” Moonshine screamed out the words.

    A crowd was rapidly forming in front of Mr. Black’s house. Everyone was looking up at him where he stood on the porch with Moonshine and Mr. Grey. They wanted to know if Miss Feather was really returning with two Wolf Children or was it nothing more than a wild rumor.

    Louise came to stand beside him. Mr. Black said to the gathering crowd of Wolf People, “Yes, the news of Miss Feather is true. We go now to meet them. Please give Miss Feather space and time to readjust. We only imagine the trauma she’s been through. As your Pack Leader that is what I desire and demand of you now. She needs space right now. Her children will not know you or our World here. They will need time to adjust to their new life. They all need space.”

    The Wolf People understood and accepted. They moved back into the Village. They would grant the Pack Leader’s desire and demand but they’d be watching everything that went on from a discreet distance.

    “Armand found my Wolf Daughter.” Moonshine said. “How will I ever thank him enough?”

    Mr. Stalker, Michar, Mr. Forest and Risinghawk appeared.

    “We heard Miss Feather is back.” Mr. Stalker said, disbelief in his voice.

    “It’s true.” Mr. Black said. “Come with me. All of you. We’re going to meet them at the Village edge.”

    Mr. Black, Louise, Michar, Mr. Forest, Mr. Stalker, Moonshine, Mr. Grey and Risinghawk went to the point at the edge of the Village where Armand and his group would appear at very soon.

    “My Wolf Daughter is coming.” Moonshine said.

    “Stay in control, my love.” Mr. Grey said to her. “We need to be strong. We don’t know what condition she is in. And she has two Wolf Children.”

    Moonshine clung to her Mate and they all waited. And it wasn’t long before they all sensed Armand, Miss Feather, Quetzal, Mr. Thunder and two they didn’t know approaching through the snowy and dark Douglas Fir and leafless Broadleaf Maple forest.

 

    Miss Feather wanted to break away from Armand, take Alex and Jennifer and flee back to the Human World. That was where she belonged now. She was Cynthia Brookes now. She had an apartment and a job, Alex and Jennifer were being home schooled. She had a life there, passing as a human being, occasionally hunting the nighttime city streets as a werewolf to prey on humans. Her two children had been born in the Human World; they knew nothing of the Wolf People World. She had chosen to tell them nothing. Why bother, she had never planned on returning. Armand didn’t want her; he had never come to the Human World to rescue her. He had made his choice and she had made hers.

    But now the choice was being taken from her. How dare he? But why had she even gone to where she had known he was with her children too. Why had she let them see the three Wolf People in their Wolf Forms eating humans? Miss Feather’s eyes filled with desperate tears, helpless tears. Her mind and emotions were in chaos. She didn’t know what she was feeling. But she knew they were almost to the Village. Her Wolf People senses had kicked in and she sensed those ahead waiting for them. She knew her Wolf Parents were there. She fought back a sob.

    “Mama, where are we going?” Alex asked. He tried to break free of Mr. Thunder’s hold but he couldn’t. “What’s going on? I don’t like this anymore.”

    Miss Feather choked down another sob and fought for control. She had to be strong for Alex and Jennifer. She was their mother and she would be strong. “We’re just going on a little visit.” Miss Feather answered.

    “Are these werewolves? Is that why they were eating people then became people themselves?” Alex asked.

    Armand laughed and tightened his hold on Miss Feather. “They know of us?” He asked her.

    “No. They watch TV and movies. The humans make lots of shows and even write books about werewolves.” Miss Feather answered him.

    “Any humans who know of us will be hunted down and killed.” Armand said.

    “They don’t know about you directly. They have many myths and legends going back generations about people turning into wolves and killing humans. It seems Wolf People and Humans have been interacting a very long time.” Miss Feather said.

    “Tell...our Wolf Son all is fine. He has nothing to be afraid about.”

    “That may be true for Alex but what about Jennifer?” Miss Feather looked at him then, her eyes clear of tears now.

    Armand looked down at her then he looked over at Quetzal who was still holding Jennifer tightly in his arms. What about her, he wondered. She wasn’t all Wolf Person. It was obvious she had the blood of the Others in her veins. Armand didn’t know how to answer Miss Feather so he said nothing instead.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Miss Feather is about to see her mother again. Hopefully that
will calm her down ... and I have a feeling the Quetzal is rather
fond/protective of Jennifer.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Feather is just about back into her old life (so to speak) with Alex and Jennifer. How the plot thickens. Can't wait to see what happens next. Mr. Redwood is still lurking about out there. I haven't forgotten him!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

SO happy to see Miss Feather finally home!! Canlt wait to see how the wolf people react to lil Jennifer.... I hope they show the change that Louise helped to initiate (so appropriate!) and are accepting of the lil tyke :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Things are really getting complicated now. Miss Feather is home with her Wolfie Children who know nothing of the ways of Wolf People, Armand is going to have to face dealing with Miss Fern and Miss Feather now. Interesting, very very interesting.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Cool chapter. I'm looking forward to more. I'm curious of how the Wolf People react to Miss Feather's daughter. Cool pen on this tale.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Quite a plot twist. Looking forward to seeing how this is resolved. I can see where it would be one heck of a scary situation for a human.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

468 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 30, 2010
Last Updated on August 30, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Poetry Poetry

A Poem by Tate Morgan