Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Armand, still holding Miss Feather tightly by the upper arm, pushed his way through the snow after crossing through the Misty Veil. Behind them came Quetzal still holding Jennifer in his arms and bringing up the rear Mr. Thunder and Alex.

    “Wow! That was cool! It’s like we walked into another world! This is like some Hollywood movie!” Alex exclaimed.

    No one responded to his awe. Quetzal nor Mr. Thunder really knew what he was talking about beyond that it was something human that he had learned in the Human World. Jennifer clung to Quetzal not wanting to even look around and Armand and Miss Feather were too caught up with each other to notice anyone else at the moment.

    “Damn you Armand! Damn you for bringing me back here!” Miss Feather cried in anger and outrage, unable to keep a sob out of her voice.

    “More human curses Cynthia Brookes?” Armand asked grimly.

    “Oh, shut up you b*****d.” growled Miss Feather. “I never wanted to come back here after I learned you’d Mated with another Wolf Female! Why would I? You sure abandoned me!”

    Armand growled, “You shut up with that ‘You abandoned me’ line!”

    “You did!” Miss Feather screamed.

    Several large Wolves came gliding through the snow toward them. Armand stopped walking and everyone else did as well.

    “Who are they?” Miss Feather asked.

    “Patrols protecting our World from Others. No one crosses the Misty Grey Veil undetected anymore. Many Packs are participating in this.” Armand said. “We’re not as stupid as you think.” He glared at her a moment after he said this.

    Two of the Wolves shape shifted into their Human Forms.

    “Armand.” One of them said. He was one of Armand’s Pack Members. “You have Miss Feather with you!” The astonishment on his face and in his words was unmistakable.

    “Yes. I’m bringing her home.” Armand said.

    “Wonderful!” The other Wolf Person male said.

    “Will you run ahead and alert the Pack Leader and the Pack Leader’s Mate as well as Mr. Grey and Moonshine for me? I want them to know what’s happening before we reach the Village.” He requested of his fellow Pack Member.

    “Of course Armand.” He shape shifted back into his Wolf Form and rushed off into the snowy shadowy forest. The second Wolf Male shape shifted back into his Wolf Form and resumed patrolling.

    At hearing her Wolf Parent’s names Miss Feather couldn’t contain a sob. Then another soon followed the first. She hung her head and surrendered to her tears.

    Sighing, Armand pulled Miss Feather into his arms. Alex watched his Mother crying and made to go to her but Mr. Thunder held him tight, not letting him go.

    Armand looked at Mr. Thunder and nodded.  Mr. Thunder let Alex go. He rushed through the snow and put his arms around Miss Feather. “Oh Mama!” He cried. “What’s going on? Where are we? Why are you crying?”

    Miss Feather continued sobbing but she put a comforting hand on her son’s head. Alex looked at Armand, the look not too friendly.

    “Why are you kidnapping us?” Alex demanded of Armand.

    Armand looked down at his Wolf Son who didn’t know he was looking up at his Wolf Father. “I’m bringing you all home where you belong.”

    “This isn’t home! This dark snowy forest!”

    “Yes it is Alex.” Armand put his arm around Miss Feather’s waist. “Come on, let’s go home.”

    He started walking again, his arm around Miss Feather’s waist effectively forcing her to walk beside him. Mr. Thunder took hold of Alex again and Quetzal continued holding Jennifer in his arms. The little half Wolf Person half Other was glancing about now with slightly round frightened eyes. Quetzal kept noticing her ears were a bit pointed and wasn’t at all sure of his feelings about that.

    But one thing that Quetzal did feel, her reception in the Village might not be so welcoming. He had no doubt the Wolf People would welcome Alex with no problem, seeing he was a full blood Wolf Person and Armand’s son. Quetzal decided not to say anything about this. If Armand hadn’t thought of this yet he would be facing it soon enough. It would be nice if the Wolf People proved him wrong.

   “I don’t want to see my Wolf Parents. Don’t do this to me Armand!” Miss Feather pleaded.

    “Why don’t you want to see your Wolf Parents?” Armand asked.

    “Because of what happened to me. They never came looking for me either! The Wolf People all abandoned me to Kyle and to the Others!”

    Armand stopped walking and forced Miss Feather to face him. Mr. Thunder, Alex and Quetzal with Jennifer in his arms walked a ways through the snow past them then stopped as well.

    “Miss Feather! You’re home. You’re away from Kyle and the Others. Isn’t that a good thing?” Armand was starting to feel angry and confused. He stared hard at her and suddenly wished he was alone with her. He felt his body jump to life and he realized he was becoming very aroused. The image of their one time together pleasuring each other overwhelmed him. Armand groaned softly. “Let’s go.” He started walking again, feeling very very desperate.

  



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't blame her at all!! No one did go after her :(

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such complicated relationships and feelings. Well done. Enjoy reading this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Feather is back home and now I'm eager to see what is awaiting her and her two children. Fantastic series, its holding me captivated.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's cool Miss Feather is back home in the Wolf People World. Cool chapter. Very nice pen on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is kind of exciting. Armand isn't letting Miss Feather get away this time. I wish he would have had that sort of determination when Kyle took her away. Loving this series!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 22, 2010
Last Updated on August 22, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Poetry Poetry

A Poem by Tate Morgan