Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “He’s trying to make trouble.” Mr. Stalker said, referring to Mr. Redwood. He, Mr. Black, Mr. Forest, Mr. Brown, Risinghawk and Michar sat around the kitchen table in Mr. Black’s house.

    Mr. Black fought an impulse to pound his fist on the table. What he really wanted to do was tear Mr. Redwood apart, piece by bloody piece. He growled.

    “He’s only making trouble for himself.” Michar said.

    “His Pack isn’t at all pleased with the trouble he’s stirring up.” Mr. Forest said.

    “Mr. Forest is correct.” Mr. Stalker said. “Even his own Pack is on our side. They understand why Miss Starfire refuses to be his Mate and why you and Louise stand with your Wolf Daughter.”

   “Seems he has a bit of a reputation, a negative one.” added Risinghawk.

    Mr. Black smiled slightly. “He doesn’t have a Mate because no Wolf Female of his Pack will have him.”

    Mr. Stalker snorted. “He was a good Pack Leader. The way he’s behaving is changing the minds of his Pack Members.”

     “He’ll be challenged.” said Mr. Stalker. “Before long he’ll be challenged.”

    “As far as Mr. Stonevalley, Mr. Whitewater and the other Packs are concerned Mr. Redwood is not behaving in a manner befitting a Pack Leader.” said Michar.

    “Besides that, a no is a no.” said Mr. Brown. “A Pack Leader should be above such undignified behavior.”

   Louise and Maple were in the front room having a discussion with Miss Starfire. Miss Starfire was upset with the Wolf People talk that she was hearing about how angry Mr. Redwood was at her supposed betrayal.

    “Miss Starfire, you have every right to turn any Male Wolf down who asks you to be his Mate, even a Pack Leader” said Louise.

    “Your Wolf Mother is correct dear.” Maple said. “He’s nothing but a brute. No wonder he has no Mate.”

    Miss Starfire looked at her Wolf Mother and Maple. “Then why do I feel so bad, like I’ve done something wrong?”

    Mr. Hunter came to stand in the doorway of his bedroom. He looked at his twin Wolf Sister with sad eyes. Right now he just wanted to shape shift into his Wolf Form and go after Mr. Redwood and rip out his throat then remove his head from his body while he couldn’t defend himself. Beheading was one of the very few ways to kill a Wolf Person.

    Mr. Redwood is a brute and needs to die. He shouldn’t even remain a Pack Leader. Mr. Hunter considered heading for Armand’s house and discuss getting a posse together and go after Mr. Redwood for trying to spread lies about Miss Starfire betraying him, saying she’d be his Mate then changing her mind. Mr. Redwood wanted to force Miss Starfire to be his Mate by getting other Wolf People and Packs behind him to force Mr. Black to let him have his Wolf Daughter.

    “Miss Starfire, Mr. Redwood is wrong for what he’s doing. His Pack will sort this out; they don’t want this on them, a Pack Leader resorting to this to get a Mate.” Louise said.

    “Listen to your Wolf Mother; listen to me who took care of you so often when you were a tiny Wolf Child. We love you.” Maple said. “We would not at all tell you wrong.”

    Miss Starfire looked from her Wolf Mom to Maple and saw the truth in their radiant eyes. She felt a sense of relief wash through her, felt the tension in her body begin to fade and she started to relax. She let out a little sobbing sound but fought back the tears that wanted to escape too. “I hate him. Why did I ever think him attractive?”

    Louise pulled her Wolf Daughter into her arms. “It’s understandable. A Wolf Male’s attention is always exciting. It only stays exciting if he’s a good caring Wolf Male.”

    “That’s so true.” agreed Maple. “Mr. Redwood is not one of those. A Wolf Male will come along and be the right one for you.”

    “But not Mr. Thunder.” Miss Starfire said as she snuggled deeper into her Wolf Mother’s arms.

    “If your heart tells you no then Mr. Thunder isn’t the one.” agreed Louise.

    “Don’t worry Miss Starfire.” Mr. Hunter said from the doorway. “I haven’t found a Wolf Female for myself yet either.” He moved further into the room.

    Miss Starfire pulled away from her Wolf Mom just enough to look at Mr. Hunter. “Well, we have each other then.” She said.

    Mr. Hunter flashed her a brilliant smile. “Yes, we do have each other!”

    “Put Mr. Redwood from your mind, okay?” Louise said to her.

    “I will.” Miss Starfire got up.

    Mr. Stalker with Mr. Black right behind him entered the room. “How’s it going in here?” Mr. Stalker asked looking at Miss Starfire.

    “Everything settled?” Mr. Black asked.

    “For now.” Louise said.

    “Let’s go into my room.” Mr. Hunter said to Miss Starfire.

    “Okay.” Miss Starfire flashed her Wolf Twin a smile, swallowed her unhappiness and followed him into his room.

    Mr. Stalker watched them go then he and Mr. Black moved all the way into the room. Michar, Mr. Brown and Risinghawk followed behind them into the room.

    “I’m certain Mr. Redwood is going to create serious problems.” Mr. Black said to his Mate.

    Louise frowned. “Why did someone so unstable have to take such an interest in our Wolf Daughter?” Her voice was angry.

    “Why indeed? But he did and we need to be ready for anything he might try to do.” Mr. Black said.

    “I’ll inform those patrolling the Village to be prepared for trouble from Mr. Redwood. I’ll increase the number of Wolf People patrolling as well. We have plenty of Wolf People patrolling the forest for Others and I’ll inform them to send out an alert if they see Mr. Redwood heading anywhere near the Village.” Mr. Stalker said.

    “Excellent plan. That will give us plenty of warning.” said Mr. Black.

    With one last look toward Mr. Hunter’s closed bedroom door Mr. Stalker said, “I’ll get on this now.” He left the house with Michar to set the plans into motion.

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm glad Miss Starfire is willing to listen to reason when it comes to Mr. Redwood. He's a brute and worse!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting and well done as always.

"Louise frowned. “Why did someone so unstable have to take such an interest in our Wolf Daughter?” Her voice was angry."

Don't I know the feeling.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! I'm eager to read about what happens next!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Redwood deserves a chewed off head, especially if he tries something violent. Cool pen on this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Things are progressing and it doesn't look to cool for Mr. Redwood. I'm waiting for the others to return with Miss Feather and her two youngsters (Armand's son) and see how the Wolf People are going to deal with that situation.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm relieved to see that Miss Starfire is thinking clearly about that rotten Mr. Redwood! Can't wait to see the mess that's stirred up when Armand and the others return....

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

463 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2010
Last Updated on August 17, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 23 Chapter 23

A Chapter by Tina Kline