Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline

   “Mama!” cried Jennifer, afraid now. These strange men who they had come upon eating people were suddenly acting very scary. And they looked frightening, with blood and gore on their bodies, clinging in their hair, on their faces and their eyes weren’t human. That was the one thing about them that wasn’t frightening. They had eyes like their mother and as far as Jennifer was concerned, eyes like her brother Alex as well.

    “It’s okay Jennifer. They’re not going to hurt us.” Miss Feather said. “Armand, let us go!” This last she directed at Armand.

    Armand growled. “No! I was a fool once; I won’t be a fool twice!” He hissed.

    “You are a fool many times over!” snarled Miss Feather. “I know you’re Mated. I know you went through a Mating Ceremony with a Wolf Female from another Pack! You b*****d!”

    Armand fought to keep from feeling defeated. “You’re still coming back with me. I will make things right.”

    “You can’t!” Miss Feather struggled to free herself from Armand’s grip.

    “Mama!” cried Jennifer.

    Alex growled. “Who are these men?”

    “You’re all coming with me!” Armand headed up the road in the direction he, Quetzal and Mr. Thunder had come from. Miss Feather continued to struggle to break free but Armand’s hold was tight, he forced her to come along with him.

    Jennifer started screaming. Quetzal who was holding her, scooped her up in his arms and pressed her face against his chest so her screams were muffled yet allowing some space so she could breathe.

    Mr. Thunder held tightly onto Alex’s upper arm. “I suggest not struggling Alex.” He said. “You three are coming with us.”

    Alex looked up at Mr. Thunder and snarled, twisting his young face into an ugly expression. Then he looked toward his mother who had given up her struggle and was walking alongside Armand, her head hanging in her defeat. Alex felt helpless and enraged. He wanted to protect his mother and his sister but couldn’t. He was just a stupid, weak useless kid. Who were these men? How did they know his mother? They were werewolves. He had seen shows and movies with werewolves in them. Alex felt angry and very confused.

    The afternoon was turning into an early winter grey evening. The leafless trees on both sides of the road rattled in the sudden chilly wind. The dried leaves on the road scuttled about in the wind’s wake.

    “You won’t get away with this Armand.” Miss Feather said.

    “What do I have to be afraid of Cynthia Brookes? Kyle and his friend Max? Or have you taken a human Mate?” Armand’s voice was bitter but that bitterness was turned more onto himself than Miss Feather. All this had been forced upon her and he hadn’t gone after her like he should have.

    “Go to Hell Armand!” Miss Feather hissed.

    Armand laughed. “Is that some kind of human insult? If so, it’s wasted on me, sweetie.”

    Miss Feather turned a glaring look on him but he wasn’t looking at her. They had reached the grey Misty Veil that separated the Human World from the Wolf People World.

    “What’s that?” Alex pointed to the misty veil. He didn’t like any of this that was happening but there wasn’t anything he could do about it. Another bout of chilly air gusted about them.

    Wolf People weren’t bothered by the cold. In their Human Forms prolonged exposure to freezing temperatures was painful to their skin so they did protect themselves from that. But the chilly temperatures they were dealing with at the moment bothered none of them, not even Jennifer who had a strong mixture of Wolf in her blood.

    “It’s where we’re all going.” Mr. Thunder told him.

    They all stood there facing the Veil.  Armand’s thoughts were in confusion. All he could focus on was getting Miss Feather and his Wolf Son back to the Wolf People World. He was elated he had found Miss Feather, or more correctly she had found him. He held tightly to her. He would bring her home and deal with what to do with Miss Fern then.

    Mr. Thunder held onto Alex who was obviously Armand’s Wolf Son. This is going to create chaos, he thought, carefully blocking his thoughts. But bringing Miss Feather and Alex back home was important. The big negative was how were the Wolf People going to react to a half Others child?

    Quetzal, who still held Jennifer in his arms, was wondering the same thing. But they couldn’t leave her behind. She was quiet now but Quetzal could feel her trembling in his arms. He sighed. He didn’t want to start thinking about the Others again. That would only lead to thoughts about Shasta, memories he didn’t want to have.

    “Think before you do this Armand.” warned Miss Feather. “You don’t want another war on your hands.”

    Armand laughed. “You think your own Wolf People are that stupid Miss Feather? You think we aren’t protecting ourselves from the Others? You think your own Wolf People are weak but your Kyle isn’t?” He stared down hard at her.

    Miss Feather didn’t answer, just looked away instead. She was fighting her rapidly returning feelings for Armand; fighting the desire for him she felt building inside her. She didn’t want to feel anything for Armand but she couldn’t help it.

    “Let’s go home.” Armand said and stepped into the Misty Grey Veil that was shifting and coiling in front of them. Miss Feather stepped in right beside him still held tightly in his hold. Quetzal stepped into the Misty Grey Veil next with Jennifer in his arms and lastly Mr. Thunder led Alex into it with him. The Human World was once more behind them.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Perhaps some good may come of Quetzal's experience somehow in some way helping poor lil' Jennifer, I have a feeling she will need all the help she can get! They all will, sorting through what was done, what wasn't done and needs to be done.... should be pretty exciting!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, this is going to be some kind of crazy when those three return to the pack with Miss Feather, Jen and Alex. Jennifer will be in danger ... Will Quetzal protect her?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Perhaps some good may come of Quetzal's experience somehow in some way helping poor lil' Jennifer, I have a feeling she will need all the help she can get! They all will, sorting through what was done, what wasn't done and needs to be done.... should be pretty exciting!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loving it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The tension sure is mounting in this. I'm really wanting to know how things are going to go for Miss Feather, Alex and Jennifer in the Wolf People World. Alex is a Wolf Person but Jennifer is only half. Hmmm. I'll have to wait and see.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Looking forward to reading what happens with Miss Feather and kids added to the Wolf World. Cool pen on this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, now Armand has Miss Feather right where he wants her, almost anyway, and I'm wondering about Jennifer, being part Others and all. Quetzal seems very protective of her right now anyway.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

564 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2010
Last Updated on August 13, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Chapter 28 Chapter 28

A Chapter by Tina Kline