Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    There was complete silence in the yard. Even the birds stopped singing, at least that’s how it seemed to Armand but with the roaring in his ears he couldn’t really be sure. He willed his pounding heart to slow down. He fought for breath.

    Miss Feather stood near the side of the house holding the hands of two children. They were all dressed like humans. Miss Feather and the boy wore blue jeans, he wore a blue T-shirt with a wolf face on it while she wore a white T-shirt and they both were wearing sneakers. The little girl wore a loose fitting yellow dress with little flowers on it and sandals.

    Miss Feather’s radiant black eyes were round with shock, the little girl and boy just looked at Armand, Quetzal and Mr. Thunder who were still in their Wolf Forms with open curiosity.

    Armand’s heart rate slowed but he felt weak, weak with shock. He shape shifted to his Human Form and collapsed to the ground on his knees, staring at Miss Feather, his face crumbling as tears fought to escape his eyes.

    Quetzal and Mr. Thunder shape shifted into their Human Forms. The little boy and girl cried out in surprise at seeing three huge wolves turn into humans right before their eyes. They clung to Miss Feather’s hands but still didn’t seem terrified. No one seemed to notice them.

    Miss Feather’s look quickly went from shock to anger. She made a strangled sound and, letting go of the two children’s hands, strode toward Armand. “You b*****d!” She screamed and kicked him in the hip. She kicked him again and again, anywhere she could reach. “You b*****d! You b*****d! You b*****d!”

   Armand hung his head but did nothing to defend himself. Mr. Thunder and Quetzal stood there, knowing not to interfere. The two children suddenly looked afraid.

    The boy’s hair was dark like Armand’s hair and his eyes were silver blue just as Armand’s eyes were. The little girl had eyes that were slightly round and black and she had light hair, almost white in color.

    “Mama?” The little girl cried. The little boy took her hand. “Mama, what’s wrong?” she asked.

    Miss Feather kept kicking Armand, whose face was white and his eyes wet with unshed tears. He kept his face down, letting Miss Feather repeatedly kick him. And she was kicking as hard as she could but she was starting to get tired and her voice was getting raw with her screaming.

    Still Quetzal and Mr. Thunder did nothing. Their expressions were tragic now as they looked at the two frightened children and Miss Feather. It was obvious they were Miss Feather’s children and it was equally obvious Armand was the Wolf Father of the Wolf Boy but not the girl.

    “You b*****d Armand! You’re here now just to kill some humans! Just for that! Why didn’t you come rescue me? Why did you abandon me? Is killing humans more important than me?” Miss Feather screamed at him.

    “Mama, who is this man?” The boy yelled. “Who is he?”

    “Mama!” the little girl cried. “What’s wrong?”

    Suddenly Miss Feather stopped viciously kicking Armand. She collapsed to her knees in front of him, sobbing. “I thought you loved me Armand. We were going to be Mates. Why did you abandon me? Why did you let Kyle have me?” Her face was twisted with her pain.

    Making a loud mournful sound Armand pulled her into his arms and they clung to each other, crying.

    The little boy and girl moved in closer, sensing the situation was no longer dangerous. Quetzal and Mr. Thunder moved in closer too.

    “Why were you eating people?” The boy asked even though it was plain he wouldn’t receive an answer.

    “Miss Feather. Miss Feather.” Armand held her as tight as he could. “I have you now. I’ll never let you go again.”

    Miss Feather stiffened and pulled back. Armand only allowed a little space between them. He still held her tightly. She now had blood and gore smeared on her face and human clothes. She wiped a small piece of flesh from her face. “I have a life here now, Armand, in the Human World. See, I’m wearing human clothing, so are my children. I have a human life now Armand. I’m no longer a part of your world. You let me go!” She held back a sob.

    Armand looked at her and the two children standing right behind her. He noticed they both had sunglasses hanging from the front of their clothing as did Miss Feather. Their eyes were not human eyes. He looked back at Miss Feather. “All three of you are coming back with me.”

    Miss Feather tried to pull out of his hold but he was stronger and wouldn’t allow her to. Quetzal and Mr. Thunder moved in even closer now. Tension in the group was mounting.

    “You’re wrong Armand. I have a human apartment, job and a human name now. It’s Cynthia Brookes. My son’s name is Alex Brookes and my daughter is Jennifer Brookes. Children, this is Armand, Mr. Thunder and Quetzal. Friends from a long time ago.”

    Alex and Jennifer smiled hesitantly. When Jennifer smiled it was obvious she had a mouth full of canines. Armand noticed too her ears were slightly pointed. He felt rage building in him at the sight. He knew who the father of Jennifer was. It was Kyle! But he also realized he was the father of Alex.

    He felt the knowledge of the fathers of Miss Feather’s children in his gut. And the knowledge of who Jennifer’s father was twisted painfully. He felt he needed to be sick. He pushed his rage down. Right now he needed to get Miss Feather, Alex and Jennifer out of the Human World and back into the Wolf People World.

    He stood, pulling Miss Feather with him. “Your life here no longer matters Miss Feather. You and the…children are coming with me.”

    “No!” Miss Feather cried. “You can’t force me Armand!”

    “Yes I can.” He looked at Mr. Thunder and Quetzal. They nodded and each one took hold of a child.

    “Mama, what’s going on?” asked Alex. Both he and Jennifer were confused about what was actually happening.

   

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Uh oh! Miss Fern isn't going to be liking this one bit!
I definitely can feel Miss Feather's pain of being abandoned,
as I was pissed, too, that Armand didn't go after her!!

Now, all of the sudden, he is going to drag her 'home' ?
I see she isn't going to go willingly. Why should she?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Uh oh! Miss Fern isn't going to be liking this one bit!
I definitely can feel Miss Feather's pain of being abandoned,
as I was pissed, too, that Armand didn't go after her!!

Now, all of the sudden, he is going to drag her 'home' ?
I see she isn't going to go willingly. Why should she?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So it was the shock of seeing Miss Feather that caused Armand's condition. This story is getting riveting, as it so often does. A very cool pen on this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Armand means business now, hoping to make up for his past mistake. This is all getting very interesting, very interesting indeed! Exciting too!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YAY!! Miss Feather's return! I've been waiting so long! Wonder how bad it'll be when she finds out Armand has a mate?

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Miss Feather has the right to be angry but I'm wondering what's going to happen to little Jennifer. I doubt she'll be accepted by the Wolf People.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting turn of events. Didn't see that coming. Certainly complicates things in wolf world.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 11, 2010
Last Updated on August 11, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Chapter 27 Chapter 27

A Chapter by Tina Kline