Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Quetzal, Mr. Thunder and Armand sat in Armand’s kitchen. In front of them was a wooden bowl filled with cubed freshly killed raw meat along with a glass pitcher filled with sparkling clear water. Quetzal popped a cube into his mouth and chewed. They had the house to themselves. Miss Fern was visiting her family who lived in Mr. Redwood’s Village. Armand knew she had fled to her family because she was angry with him. She didn’t say that but Armand knew that was why. The reason for her anger he didn’t know and didn’t feel too upset because of it. If she didn’t want to discuss what was bothering her what could he do about it?

    So far Armand hadn’t told Mr. Thunder about Miss Starfire not really wanting him as her Mate. He felt guilty not saying anything about it but he hadn’t been able to hurt his friend. He would tell him, not just yet. But delaying wouldn’t make it any easier, he knew.

    “So.” said Mr. Thunder. “Your Mate is angry with you.” He looked at Armand.

    Armand shrugged. “Just like I said. I don’t know why. I ask but she’s not telling.” They had been discussing Mates and how wonderful and not so wonderful having one was. “She’s been like this for two Sleep Cycles. But if she won’t talk to me there’s nothing I can do about correcting the situation.”

    Quetzal sniffed. “I don’t know. I might just stay alone, get along without a Mate.” He reached for another cube of meat.

    Both Armand and Mr. Thunder looked at him then at each other. They knew Quetzal had yet to fully recover from his Shasta experience. She had used her Magic on him on more than one occasion.

    “Oh, I don’t know Quetzal. Wait until the right Wolf Female crosses your line of vision.” said Armand.

    Quetzal visibly shuddered. Both Armand and Mr. Thunder saw it. “Help me but I won’t be eyeing any Wolf Females!” Quetzal said.

    Armand frowned. His Wolf Friend still had a long ways to go. His thoughts drifted to Miss Feather as they so often did. He fought to push the vision of her out of his mind. It seemed he had a long ways to go still too. Perhaps he shouldn’t have taken Miss Fern as his Mate. Their relationship wasn’t very smooth and peaceful or really happy at all.

     “I’m looking forward to Miss Starfire being my Mate.” Mr. Thunder said. “You and Mr. Black need to keep Mr. Redwood out of the Village. He’ll hurt her someday.”

     Armand felt a stab of guilt but pushed it down. He’d tell Mr. Thunder soon enough about Miss Starfire’s confession. He growled, “I agree with you. No matter that he’s a Pack Leader. His abusive behavior toward Miss Starfire explains why he lacks a Mate. I’m talking to Dad about not granting him permission to visit anymore. He’d only get worse toward his treatment of Miss Starfire if they became Mates.”

    “Getting a Mate from another Village is the only way he’ll get one. The Wolf Females of his Pack probably know very well he’s bad.” said Mr. Thunder.

    “Does Miss Starfire think him bad?” Quetzal asked.

    “She’s flirty but she needs to wake up and stop flirting with Mr. Redwood.” said Armand. “But the worse thing is she’s stubborn. Tell her to not do something and that’s exactly what she’ll do. Keeping Mr. Redwood out of the Village will stop her flirting with him.”

     “I’m stepping up my pursuit of her. I won’t give her time to think about Mr. Redwood anymore.” said Mr. Thunder.

    Armand didn’t say anything to that. Instead he popped a cube of meat into his mouth and chewed.

    Outside a strong wind blew out of the shadowy Douglas Fir and leafless Broadleaf Maple forest. It slammed against the houses and shook them; it swirled down to the base of them and rearranged the drifts of snow pushed up against the structures. More large white feathery looking snowflakes fell.

    Armand finished chewing his cubed meat and swallowed. He took a drink of cold water. “I have an idea.” He said after he put his glass down on the table. “Something to take our minds off our troubles.”

    “What’s that?” asked Mr. Thunder.

    Quetzal looked at Armand with interest.

    “Why don’t we go into the Human World and kill us some humans and eat them.” Armand said. He smiled when he finished.

    “Ha!” Mr. Thunder said. It almost sounded like a bark.

    Quetzal laughed and clapped his hands together once.

    “Well? How about it?” Armand asked.

    “Hey, I’m in! Some human flesh and blood sounds mighty tasty.” said Mr. Thunder.

    “Count me in too.” Quetzal said. “I think killing a few humans will do me a world of good.”

    “Great.” said Armand. “So, when? How about now? It won’t be hard for us to go through the storm to the Grey Veil.”

    “Yeah! Why not? Let’s do it!” said Mr. Thunder getting up from his chair.

    Quetzal shot out of his chair. “Let’s go hunt us some humans!”

    “Alright!” laughed Armand, very pleased with himself.

 

    “Mr. Redwood wants to talk to us about Miss Starfire.” Louise told Mr. Black with a frown.

    “Yes.” said Mr. Black. “I don’t like this. I don’t think Mr. Redwood will be a good Mate for our Wolf Daughter and luckily for us she doesn’t want him.”

    “I don’t think he’d make a good Mate either. He’s shown how bad of a Mate he will be. I refuse to let our Wolf Daughter be treated that way. Too bad if Mr. Redwood doesn’t like it. He will have to accept our decision as her Wolf Parents and as her Pack Leader and Mate to the Pack Leader.” said Louise.

    They were sitting on the bed together snuggling. Outside the storm swirled and raged around the house, piling more snow everywhere. The sound of the trees swaying and bending was loud.

    Mr. Black chuckled. “Our Wolf Daughter is just flirting and having fun with Mr. Redwood and Mr. Thunder. Too bad she hasn’t been putting her energy into a Wolf Male she does want for a Mate.”

    “I agree with that but she hasn’t been.” Louise paused a moment. “Well, this storm will keep him away for a while but we need to end this situation with Mr. Redwood. I don’t want him chasing after Miss Starfire any longer.”

     “Leaving it up to Miss Starfire hasn’t gone so well. I will put an end to this as soon as Mr. Redwood arrives.” Mr. Black said.

    “We’ll inform him together. As her Wolf Parents we have that right and Mr. Redwood knows it.”

    “When the storm clears I’ll grant Mr. Redwood his request to visit us and we can inform him of our decision.” Mr. Black said.

    “He won’t like it.” Louise said.

    “He’s a Pack Leader. If he wants to keep that position he’ll accept our decision gracefully. If he doesn’t and causes a big problem a Wolf Male of his Pack will challenge him for Pack Leadership.”

     Louise chuckled. “I wouldn’t mind seeing Mr. Redwood taken down and completely out. Another Wolf Male would make a nice change and most likely a better Pack Leader.”

    “I wouldn’t mind either and I agree with you.” Mr. Black said.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh great. The murderous side of wolf people comes to surface again. I think those boys better be careful in the human world with what humans they pick to kill. I can just imagine them ending up with a human they can't kill. One that's just a bit to tough, or engaging a military convoy and getting blown up... I think Armand and his friends are a bit to intelligent to do that... lol.

Awesome chapter. I'm anxious to see how that Redwood guy takes Louise and MR. Black's decision.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A cool write. Looking forward to reading the coming chapters of The World Of The Wolf.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, wow! The werewolves are heading for the Human World. And the tension increases in the area of Mr. Redwood and Miss Starfire. Mr. Black is going to act like the Pack Leader and Wolf Father that he is. Looking forward to the next chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some blood and violence to show they really are werewolves. I'm waiting to see what happens in the Human World and what happens with Mr. Redwood when he isn't getting Miss Starfire. Exciting!!!! and awesome!!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Me, too, agree!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I feel so relieved that Mr Black is going to take matters into his own hands witht his whole Redwood fiasco... I'm so curious though about what the boys will find int he human world.... Miss Fern perhaps? Or Armand's child? LOL I can't tell if it's foreshadowing or just wishful thinking on my part ;-) In any case, can't wait to find out!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I really do like the way the ways and emotions of humans get presented in the ways of the wolf as well. Makes it interesting. Enjoyable story. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh great. The murderous side of wolf people comes to surface again. I think those boys better be careful in the human world with what humans they pick to kill. I can just imagine them ending up with a human they can't kill. One that's just a bit to tough, or engaging a military convoy and getting blown up... I think Armand and his friends are a bit to intelligent to do that... lol.

Awesome chapter. I'm anxious to see how that Redwood guy takes Louise and MR. Black's decision.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

433 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2010
Last Updated on July 28, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline