Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Armand saw a male Wolf Person leaving his house and felt a cold blast of shock. The next instant he realized it was Mr. Redwood and that shock was replaced with a wild surge of anger!

    What is Mr. Redwood doing at my house? Why would he want to see Miss Fern? He sped forward and blocked Mr. Redwood as he started down a path through the snow that led out of the Village and into the shadowy snowy Douglas Fir and bare limbed Broadleaf Maple forest.

    When they came face to face Armand growled, a low rumbling in his chest, his silver blue eyes flashed crimson with his anger.

    Mr. Redwood felt shocked and taken aback when Armand appeared but quickly recovered. Armand was in his way to achieving Miss Starfire but it wouldn’t do to make him an enemy. He was the very Wolf Person Mr. Redwood wanted Miss Fern to influence to his side. So while Armand growled Mr. Redwood contained his anger, anger that fought to break free.

    “Armand.” Mr. Redwood said, using a friendly tone of voice.

    “What’s your visit to my house about?” Armand asked.

    Mr. Redwood forced a smile. “Miss Fern is from my Pack.”

    Armand looked even angrier. “Miss Fern and you were not friendly.”

    “I’m her Pack Leader.”

    Armand growled. “Was. She was in your Pack. She is my Mate. So don’t just come visiting again. I’ll block any visit requests in the future.”

    Now Mr. Redwood couldn’t keep his anger under control. “What’s wrong with you Armand? I’m just interested in your Wolf Sister to be my Mate!”

    Armand folded his arms over his chest. The Wolf in him wanted to break free. He had no doubt the Wolf in Mr. Redwood was feeling the same way. “You’re not exactly Mate material with your temper and controlling attitude.”

     “A Wolf Female needs to know her place. Even you should agree with that.”

     “Perhaps but a Wolf Female’s place isn’t to be an object to be abused by a Wolf Male.”

    Mr. Redwood growled. “I am a Pack Leader. Do you want to lose my Pack as a friend of yours?”

    Now Armand laughed. “Stay away Mr. Redwood. Do you really believe your threats will influence Mr. Black?” He walked around Mr. Redwood in a dismissive manner. Several Wolf People were watching and talking amongst themselves, their looks at Mr. Redwood were dark.

    Miss Fern stood on the porch watching the confrontation between Armand and Mr. Redwood.

    Armand spotted her and wondered what she and Mr. Redwood had been seeing each other about. He hoped she’d willingly tell him and he hoped he would believe her. He walked toward his house as Mr. Redwood continued on his way. The dark looks Mr. Redwood was receiving told him all he needed to know. He’d gone too far but he’d have Miss Starfire. What ever damage was done this day he’d undo. And it didn’t matter what Miss Fern told Armand.

     “Miss Fern.” Armand said as he reached his porch. Little snowflakes spun to the ground all around him. He started up the steps.

    “Armand.” Miss Fern fought the nervous smile that wanted to blossom on her face but failed. Armand looked angry; she hoped he wasn’t angry with her. Now Miss Fern wished desperately she hadn’t let Mr. Redwood in their home. Especially since she knew Mr. Redwood wasn’t on such friendly terms with Armand and his Wolf Family.

    She turned and opened the door and they went in. Just inside the door Armand brushed the snow off of him. He looked at his Mate noticing how nervous she was. This made him worry. What did she have to be worried about, he wondered. He planned on finding out.

    Armand went and sat in the comfy chair. “Sit Miss Fern.”

    Miss Fern took a deep breath and sat on the couch. “I know what this is about.”

    “Good. Then I don’t need to ask. So, tell me what you know I want to know.”

    “Well…Mr. Redwood came by to talk.”

    “You both had a nice chat, two old friends getting together. Have you been missing him?”

    “No! Armand! It wasn’t like that.” Miss Fern knew it was best to tell him the truth about Mr. Redwood’s visit. She didn’t want to destroy her relationship with Armand and lose him as her Mate. “We talked about you. He wants me to convince you he is perfect for your Wolf Sister. I told him to leave; I wasn’t going to betray you!”

    Armand smiled. “Good. I’m glad to hear that.” He studied her closely. He mostly believed her. Then he looked away, taking a deep breath. I sure miss Miss Feather. If only I were with her right now instead of Miss Fern.

    Miss Fern noticed that remote look in Armand’s eyes. She knew his thoughts were with Miss Feather right now. It was up to her to bring him back to her. She got up and went to him. “I would never betray you. I have no loyalty to Mr. Redwood and he needs to know that. And I told him too.” She stood in front of Armand, willing him to look up at her.

    Armand forced his thoughts away from Miss Feather. “I believe you Miss Fern.” He didn’t look up at her like she wanted him to.

    “Armand. I know you want Wolf Children. I’m in the mood to go work on making that happen.” She was certain she’d get a response out of him with that.

    Armand didn’t respond. He was thinking of Miss Feather again. Suddenly he stood up. “I’ll get our meal ready.” And he headed for the kitchen.

    She watched him go feeling hurt and angry. How am I going to get Miss Feather out of our relationship?

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a cold smack to the guy for Miss Fern! She's right, Miss Feather is in her relationship with Armand but I'm not so sure Miss Fern can get her out, only time will tell. That Mr. Redwood needs to be kept from the Village, he's nothing but bad news all the way around.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

She's not going to succeed with that mission, I'm afraid. Armand loves Miss Feather. Mr. Redwood needs to be put in his place. I'm glad Miss Fern told the truth.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

She told him the truth! That's what she should have done. I agree that Redwood should be banned from the village, regardless of his rank as a pack leader.

Awesome work as always.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Redwood is heading to a bad place as far as Miss Starfire is concerned. Miss Fern is having a hard time with Armand's continued thoughts and desires for Miss Feather.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm glad there was no violence from Mr. Redwood, I have a feeling there will be, he's no good. Extremely interesting tale. A very cool write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Yay Armand for starting to put Redwood in his place.... he surely had that and more coming. I feel bad now for Miss Fern, it must be horrible to have another in between your relationship like that, but she kind of brought it on her self, pursuing Armand so diligently even when they were in the middle of trying to rescue Miss Feather! I hope the future holds true happiness for Armand, unfortunately I don't know if he'll be able to find that while Miss Feather's fate is still so unknown....

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a cold smack to the guy for Miss Fern! She's right, Miss Feather is in her relationship with Armand but I'm not so sure Miss Fern can get her out, only time will tell. That Mr. Redwood needs to be kept from the Village, he's nothing but bad news all the way around.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

471 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 10 Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline