Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Miss Fern heard someone knocking on her door. Then she heard Mr. Redwood softly calling her name. Smiling, pleased her former Pack Leader was paying her a visit she rushed to the door and opened it. “Mr. Redwood!” Her voice was cheerful and welcoming.

    “Miss Fern. Stopped by for a visit. I was here to spend some time with Miss Starfire.”

    Miss Fern smiled, her radiant green eyes twinkling. “Oh?” She said as she stepped back. “Won’t you come in and sit for awhile?”

    Mr. Redwood stepped in. “Armand isn’t home?” He asked even though he knew very well he wasn’t.

    “No.” Miss Fern said. She shut the front door while Mr. Redwood took a seat. She took a seat across from him.

    “Are you happy living here in this Village with Armand?”

    “Yes! Very much so! I wanted Armand and I have him. Of course I’m happy!” She paused then asked. “And how are things going with Miss Starfire?”

    Mr. Redwood took a deep breath. “That’s why I’m here Miss Fern. She’s stubborn and that Mr. Thunder keeps getting in my way.” He growled.

    Miss Fern frowned. “I take it things are not going very well. I thought you two would be Mated by now.”

    “I had too. I was so sure. I think you can help me.”

    Miss Fern’s eyes went wide. “Me? Help you? What can I possibly do?”

    Mr. Redwood smiled. His dark brown eyes stared hard at her. “Talk to Armand. Tell him wonderful things about me, how I’d be the best Mate for his Wolf Sister. He’s very protective of her. He doesn’t believe she really wants to be my Mate so of course he’s against me.”

    Miss Fern suddenly felt uneasy. She didn’t think that was a good idea at all. “I don’t know. I don’t want to do something that could get me in wrong with Armand. He’s my Mate. I would feel disloyal.”

     “I’m your Pack Leader.”

    Miss Fern shook her head in denial. “Mr. Black is now. And he’s Armand’s Wolf Father as well.”

    “Miss Fern.” Mr. Redwood leaned forward toward her. “I beg you. I was once your Pack Leader. You were treated well during that time. I want Miss Starfire. I need her! Help me to get her!”

    “Mr. Redwood, you win her over.”

    “I will. But you can make it so much easier by convincing Armand to influence her.”

    “Miss Starfire will make her own decision. Talking to her won’t change her mind. It’s been tried already.”

    Mr. Redwood stood up and loomed over Miss Fern. “Do this for me Miss Fern. I will make it worth your while.”

    Instead of letting Mr. Redwood tower over her and make her feel intimidated Miss Fern stood too. True, Mr. Redwood was taller than her but standing made Miss Fern feel stronger.

    “Like how?” she asked.

    “Ask me a favor. Now or later.”

    “Mr. Redwood…I don’t feel comfortable doing this. I feel like you want me to plot behind Armand’s back and against him. It might not matter to you if I lose Armand just as long as you get what you want but it does matter to me!”

    Mr. Redwood’s eyes flashed red with his anger and he grabbed her by her upper arm. “Alright Miss Fern! Be uncooperative. You won’t like the end result of turning me down.” He pushed her back against the wall and glared down at her, his eyes still red.

    Miss Fern gasped and then snorted. “Mr. Redwood, you have a very ugly temper. Perhaps that’s why Miss Starfire won’t Mate with you.” Her voice was soft as she said this.

    “And you’re so smart, why…?” He snarled, his face close to hers, his body pressing hard against hers. To her shock she could feel his arousal!

    “Please leave.”

    He growled and pressed harder against her.

    She gasped again, suddenly starting to feel fear at what he might try to do to her in his aroused state. She pushed at him. “Go now!”

    With a sound between a growl and a howl he whirled and left her house, not bothering to shut the door. After taking a couple deep, calming breaths Miss Fern crossed the room and closed the door. She leaned against it, willing her heart to stop beating so fast.

    Should I tell Armand? Would that do any good? But a Pack Leader behaving like that? Miss Starfire is smart to not choose him as her Mate. He has too strong of a temper. Or perhaps he’s too weak to control it!

 

    Armand left his family’s house and headed through the dark snowy Village to his house. Small snowflakes twirled down from the heavily overcast sky. He thought about Mr. Thunder and wondered how he was going to tell him Miss Starfire did not want him as her Mate. How would Mr. Thunder take hearing that?

    Around him Wolf People slipped into the mysterious, dark and snowy Douglas Fir and bare limbed Broadleaf Maple forest to hunt or just to run. Often they shape shifted into their Wolf Forms before entering, their voices sometimes rising in Wolf Song.

    Right now Armand just wanted to go home and spend some time with his Mate. He hoped she’d be with Wolf Child soon but so far no luck. She wasn’t one of the rare Wolf Females who could get pregnant easily, he decided with disappointment. A Wolf Child would help ease his lingering pain at losing Miss Feather, or at least he hoped so. But it seemed a Wolf Child coming into his life right away wasn’t meant to be.

  



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Poor Armand... seems like he's getting hit from every side. Even though it won;t help matters I do think that it's only right that he knows what that creep did in his own home. Maybe that will help Miss Starfire lose any doubts she has about not wanting teh chase to be over. How did such a creep get to be a Pack Leader anyway? Just goes to show that politics is corrupt everywhere i suppose LOL

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

What a prick! She should definitely let Armand know about his unwelcome visit. This Redwood guy had no right to act in such a way... I have a feeling he's gunna pay for his behavior sooner or later...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Miss Fern needs to speak up, it won't do her any good to keep secrets from Armand, secrets have awful ways of getting out in the open. I feel for Armand, he should never have Mated with Miss Fern with Miss Feather still so strong in his heart. Awesome book!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Redwood is bad news, I think he needs to be taken down quite a few pegs and I'm not sure how to feel about Armand. He should have gone and searched for his love instead of just letting her go. I'm eagerly waiting for the next chapter!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Poor Armand... seems like he's getting hit from every side. Even though it won;t help matters I do think that it's only right that he knows what that creep did in his own home. Maybe that will help Miss Starfire lose any doubts she has about not wanting teh chase to be over. How did such a creep get to be a Pack Leader anyway? Just goes to show that politics is corrupt everywhere i suppose LOL

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'd tell my lover; Mr. Redwood needs dealt with.
He's a bad Wolf person! Armand isn't going to get over
Miss Feather, not really. A Wolf child is not going to fix that
deep hole.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm, tell Armand or not. Probably should, but I doubt it'd pretty. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Redwood is probably on a path to his own destruction by threatening Miss Fern and doing whatever harm he's going to do in his anger. A well penned chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 24, 2010
Last Updated on July 24, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 21 Chapter 21

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 25 Chapter 25

A Chapter by Tina Kline