Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “Sit down Miss Starfire.” Louise said to her Wolf Daughter in the most loving and tender voice she could.

    Miss Starfire sat on the couch. Her Wolf Mother sat beside her and took one of her hands in her own.

    “My sweet honey, we need to talk more about Mr. Redwood. What are your feelings for him?”

    Miss Starfire kept her eyes downcast and smiled a small shy smile. “He’s attractive.”

    “Well, that’s what you think about his appearance. But that isn’t your feelings for him.”

    “Oh, Mom, I don’t know!” She kept her eyes downcast as she said it. “I don’t know!”

    “Why do you spend time with him then?”

    “It’s fun!”

    “But how about his feelings for you? He wants you as his Mate.” Louise said. “Do you want to Mate with him?”

    “He is a Pack Leader. But that would mean I’d have to leave my home, My Wolf Family and my Wolf People.” She looked at her Wolf Mother now. “I’m not so sure I want to do that.”

    “My sweet darling Wolf Daughter. You need to make a decision one way or the other about Mr. Redwood. Mr. Thunder has his eye on you too and I’m afraid he and Mr. Redwood are going to do battle for you.”

    Miss Starfire giggled. “Fight for me?”

    “Yes and don’t look so excited by the prospect. Who ever wins will take you by force if you don’t go willingly and Mate with them. Do you want that Miss Starfire?”

    “Well…no. Not by force.”

    “To prevent it your Wolf Father would have to intervene which would most likely lead to him doing battle, especially if Mr. Redwood was the victor.”

    Miss Starfire lost her smile and excited look and sighed.

    They both heard Mr. Black, Mr. Stalker and Armand approaching the house.

    “Are we done talking Mom?” Miss Starfire asked, not wanting to discuss Wolf Males with her Wolf Father, especially if Mr. Stalker were present. Armand being present for such a talk wouldn’t bother her.

    “No. Your Wolf Father and Armand are part of this as well.”

    Miss Starfire got a pouty look but said nothing.

    Mr. Black came through the door first followed by Armand and Mr. Stalker. Louise rose from the couch to greet him.

    “Talk some common sense into our Wolf Daughter yet?” Mr. Black asked Louise just before kissing her.

    “I’m trying but I don’t know if I’m getting through to her.” She said as she gazed into his off white eyes.

    Mr. Black stared down into her radiant green eyes and for several moments they appeared lost in each other. Mr. Stalker coughed.

    “Oh, come on.” Armand said to Mr. Stalker. “Getting someone’s attention that way is so old.”

    “But effective.” Replied Mr. Stalker as Louise and Mr. Black became aware of their surroundings again.

    “Ew. Mom. Dad.” said Miss Starfire.

    “My daughter…you are not a Wolf Child so don’t behave like one. You have two Wolf Males chasing you because they want to Mate with you.”

     Armand went and sat beside his Wolf Sister on the couch. Mr. Stalker found a place on the wall to lean against. Louise sat in the comfy chair and Mr. Black stood beside her.

    “So Miss Starfire, I want you to put a stop to this pursuit of you by Mr. Redwood and Mr. Thunder. It might be enjoyable for you, even exciting, to have two Wolf Males wanting to Mate with you but it’s going to end in violence. I do not want another Pack Leader fighting for a Wolf Female with one of my Pack Members. We are all above that sort of behavior.” Mr. Black said to his Wolf Daughter.

    Miss Starfire just stared at him, looking slightly stricken.

    “I’d rather my best Wolf Friend not get in such a serious battle with Mr. Redwood.” Armand said to her.

    “Think about it.” said Mr. Stalker. “Do you really want to be the source of such conflict?” Mr. Stalker stared hard at her.

    Miss Starfire found she couldn’t look at Mr. Stalker in the eyes and she looked down. For some reason she felt like she wanted to cry. “No.” she answered in a small voice.

    “Do you want Mr. Redwood for your Mate or do you want Mr. Thunder?” Her Wolf Mother asked. She hoped Miss Starfire didn’t want Mr. Redwood as her Mate. She didn’t really care much for the Pack Leader and didn’t think he would make a good Mate for Miss Starfire.

    Mr. Stalker said, “Perhaps you don’t want either of them as Mates.”

    Louise looked surprised for a moment, as if that thought had never occurred to her. Actually it hadn’t. “Is that it, my dear Wolf Daughter, why you haven’t chosen?” 

    Miss Starfire glanced about the room as if there was no comfortable place for her to rest her eyes but didn’t answer.

    “That’s it, isn’t it?” asked Armand. “You don’t want either of them for Mates.”

    Miss Starfire fought tears. She suddenly felt like she was letting everyone down. “No. I like both Mr. Redwood and Mr. Thunder but I don’t love either of them.”

    “Do you think you could love either of them?” Mr. Black asked.

    “I don’t know.” Miss Starfire answered.

    Mr. Stalker stood away from the wall. “I think we need to inform Mr. Redwood to stop pursuing Miss Starfire then.”

    “I agree.” said Mr. Black. “And inform Mr. Thunder.” He looked at Miss Starfire then. “How do you feel about this?”

    Miss Starfire took a deep breath, suddenly feeling very frightened at the prospect.   



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wonderful, Miss Starfire is starting to see reality, hopefully she deosn;t get caught up in the excitement of the chase again though, I'm sure if Mr Redwood were to catch her it wouldn't be pleasant. I feel bad for Mr Thunder but have a feeling that Evan is right, he will take it much more maturely than that creep Redwood.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

She loved the attention!
I have a feeling, though, even if she wanted neither,
that wouldn't stop what's already begun.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful, Miss Starfire is starting to see reality, hopefully she deosn;t get caught up in the excitement of the chase again though, I'm sure if Mr Redwood were to catch her it wouldn't be pleasant. I feel bad for Mr Thunder but have a feeling that Evan is right, he will take it much more maturely than that creep Redwood.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So, she doesn't love either of them, so Mr. Black is going to tell them to stop pursuing her. I'm sure Mr. Thunder will take it in a mature way, but I fear Mr. Redwood will probably pick a fight... He's just a little kid inside...
Intense chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Riveting read. Miss Starfire doesn't love either Wolf Male and it looks like the conflict between Mr. Redwood and Mr. Thunder will come to an end. Cool pen on this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I get the feeling something bad is coming down the pipeline here. Miss Starfire might behaving second thoughts but I doubt Mr. Redwood is. He's a male with a female in his sights and he means to have her!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmm, I'm not sure how Miss Starfire is taking this. I have a feeling she isn't ready to give up being chased, she's young and loves the excitement.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

If kids (or pups) would only listen to their mothers. I like the way you showed reality setting in at the end of the chapter. Great lead in to the next chapter.
Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

486 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2010
Last Updated on July 19, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Smiles Smiles

A Poem by Tate Morgan