Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Tina Kline

     “Come along. We’ll enjoy ourselves.” Mr. Redwood said to Miss Starfire.

    Miss Starfire giggled, finding this situation of two males fighting over her extremely thrilling.

    “I’m coming. Don’t be so bossy Mr. Redwood.”

    “I’m a Pack Leader. It’s in my nature.”

    “Oh no. You can be a Pack Leader without being bossy.” said Miss Starfire.

    Mr. Redwood pulled her closer to him as they walked along the cleared path through the snow heading for the snow draped Douglas Fir and leafless Broadleaf Maple forest.

    Behind them came Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter. Mr. Thunder was extremely angry. He couldn’t at all stand that Mr. Redwood had his hands on Miss Starfire.

    “I’m not tolerating this.” growled Mr. Thunder to Mr. Hunter.

    “He is doing what he wants.” replied Mr. Hunter.

    That only made Mr. Thunder angrier. “I’ll kill him!”

    Mr. Hunter didn’t doubt it. He did notice his Wolf Sister seemed to be enjoying all this attention from two competing Wolf Males. She needed more serious talking to but he doubted that would be any good.

    Miss Starfire glanced over her shoulder and smiled a smug satisfied smile when she confirmed that Mr. Thunder was, indeed, behind her and very angry looking. She flashed him a brilliant smile. Mr. Redwood gave her a none too gentle yank when he noticed what she was doing.

    “Don’t encourage that one.” He ordered.

    “You don’t own me Mr. Redwood.” She said.

    “I have chosen you Miss Starfire. Mr. Thunder isn’t going to have you. Now don’t make me get mad at you.”

    They were getting closer to the shadowy forest. The Wolf People in and about the Village didn’t pay them much attention. A few greetings drifted their way. The Wolf People in the Village all knew that the Pack Leader Mr. Redwood and Mr. Thunder were competing for Miss Starfire and most of the Wolf People watched, slightly amused and privately taking sides on who they wanted to win their Pack Leader’s Wolf Daughter.

    But for Mr. Redwood and Mr. Thunder it was no game but deadly serious.

    Up ahead of them both Miss Starfire and Mr. Redwood noticed someone coming toward them.

    “I’m not yours.” Miss Starfire said. “It’s not your decision to make.”

    “Don’t make this difficult. Let’s just have fun.” Mr. Redwood said. He felt like he was going crazy. He had to have Miss Starfire. The more she resisted the more he wanted her. He was all ready to Mate with her once he got her alone in the snowy forest.

    “Hey!” called Mr. Thunder closing in with Mr. Hunter right at his side.

    Miss Starfire made an annoyed sound. “You’re making this difficult Mr. Redwood.”

    “Behave and ignore those who are behind us.”

    Miss Starfire started to turn. Mr. Redwood yanked her roughly against him to prevent her.

    “What are you doing?” said a very angry voice. The voice was not coming from behind them but in front of them.

    “Armand!” cried Miss Starfire, delighted to see her older Wolf Brother coming toward them on the path made through the snow.

    “Miss Starfire.” said Armand. Then he turned his angry eyes on Mr. Redwood. “You’re being too rough with my Wolf Sister. I don’t like it.”

    Mr. Redwood and Miss Starfire came to a halt. Armand came to a stop in front of them. He noticed Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter coming up behind Mr. Redwood and Miss Starfire.

    “Now Armand. This is between Miss Starfire and myself.” said Mr. Redwood.

    “Not so.” replied Armand. “I don’t at all like what I just saw.” He looked at his Wolf Sister.

    She was looking down but there was a slight smile hovering on her face. Armand sighed silently. His Wolf Sister was a flirt and a tease but she didn’t deserve to be handled roughly by Mr. Redwood or anyone.

    “Did you see what Mr. Redwood was doing Armand? Dragging our Wolf Sister off like that?” asked Mr. Hunter.

    “I saw what he was doing.” Armand answered, his eyes narrowing.

    “He thinks Miss Starfire is already his Mate.” growled Mr. Thunder.

    “There’s been no Mating Ceremony. Miss Starfire hasn’t said yes to him. Thus, I think he’s delusional if he believes that.” replied Armand. He wasn’t so sure he cared much for this Pack Leader.

    Mr. Redwood chose to ignore the insult and spread out his hands smiling. “Let’s not get angry with each other. We don’t need any Pack feuds.”

    “Treat Miss Starfire with respect. She is, after all, a Pack Leaders’ Daughter.” said Armand.

    “Besides that, she doesn’t desire to be treated roughly, no Wolf Person Female does.” said Mr. Hunter.

    “And she’s not your Mate either.” added Mr. Thunder.

    Mr. Redwood chuckled. “If you didn’t want her yourself Mr. Thunder there wouldn’t be any fuss.”

    Mr. Thunder snarled, not liking at all being mocked by this Pack Leader. He felt the Wolf in him pushed, wanting to come out and do battle.

   Several Wolf People were approaching. It wasn’t hard for anyone to tell it was Mr. Black, Louise and Mr. Stalker.

    Mr. Redwood sighed and pulled Miss Starfire closer to him. He would make his case to Mr. Black now, as Miss Starfire’s Wolf Father and as her Pack Leader.

    Mr. Thunder growled at seeing Mr. Redwood being possessive of Miss Starfire while Mr. Hunter just smiled.

    Armand looked angry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

My brother would've kicked his a*s then asked questions
later! Well maybe not bother with questions. Her father
needs to step up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That Mr. Redwood, creepy. I hope Armand does something about him. Or at least Mr. Black and Louise do!! He needs to be taken down a notch or three. Awesome chapter, full of excitement!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really, really dislike this Redwood guy. If anyone ever treated my sister like that, I'd probably kick his scrawny a*s into next week! No hesitation!
It's good to see Armand being protective like he is. In a way, it's his job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The conflict is heating up and a serious confrontation I think will be taking place. I love the emotional action going on here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice set up for conflict. Lots of emotion; all set for action. Nice!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Redwood has gone too far, quite a situation brewing. Cool pen on this write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

485 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 12, 2010
Last Updated on July 12, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 25 Chapter 25

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 28 Chapter 28

A Chapter by Tina Kline