Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Armand walked through the Village. The world of the Wolf People was a lot different now than when he had been a small Wolf Child.  There were visitors from many different Packs in the Village at all times. The situation was the same in the other Wolf People Villages as well.

    Light snow was softly drifting to the earth from a heavily dark overcast sky. He nodded his head when greetings came his way or spoke a kind word where it was appropriate. The oldest Wolf Son of the Pack Leader was never ignored. It just wasn’t so.

    Armand headed for the snow draped Douglas Fir and bare limbed Broadleaf Maple forest. He often went there to be alone since the battle with the Others and the loss of Miss Feather. The dark forest had become a refuge for him, a place where he could seek peace which was difficult for him to find anymore.

     He was plagued now with the reoccurring question about whether he should have gone in search of Miss Feather, rescued her from the Human World and brought her back. So what if she’d been touched by Kyle. That shouldn’t have mattered. He shouldn’t have let it matter. Besides, he didn’t know for sure what had happened to her while she had been Kyle’s captive. He felt the now familiar anger rising up in him. He fought to push it back down.

    The little tiny snowflakes were growing larger. Then a huge snowflake, about a foot and a half wide horizontally spiraled downward a couple feet from him. Armand stopped walking to watch it. The snowflake came to rest on a snow bank on the side of the path he was walking along, snow banks that came into existence when the pathways were made and which grew higher as they were maintained as more snow fell and accumulated.

    He had to stop thinking about Miss Feather. His choices had been made. He asked Miss Fern to be his Mate. She had said yes. They’d gone through the Mating Ceremony. They had set up their home together. Soon, hopefully, Wolf Babies would come and hopefully many.

    Armand clinched his fists in frustration. “Why can’t I be content?” He muttered to himself. He had no answer. He had to stop thinking about Miss Feather, that was all. He had to stop dwelling on his regrets. He had to stop going over and over in his mind what could have been and could not be now. “Yes, stop the regrets.” Instead of going into the concealment of the shadowy forest to brood he made the choice instead to turn around and face his life as it was now.

 

    Miss Starfire looked at Mr. Thunder. “Why, Mr. Thunder, what ever do you mean?”

   “Yeah, Mr. Thunder.” said Mr. Redwood, fighting to maintain his dignity as a Pack Leader. It was hard when a desired Wolf Female was involved. “What do you mean?”

    Mr. Thunder growled, his eyes flashed in his anger.

    Mr. Hunter stood back, thinking things were going to get out of hand.

   Louise stood just inside the door, watching, wishing Mr. Black were here. She was afraid Mr. Redwood and Mr. Thunder were about to do battle for their Wolf Daughter! And, she knew, Miss Starfire was loving every moment of this.

    “Mr. Hunter and I wish to accompany you on your run.” Mr. Thunder said to Miss Starfire.

    Miss Starfire giggled and looked at Mr. Redwood who had come to stand beside her in a very possessive manner.

    “No Miss Starfire.” He said to her in answer to her unspoken question to him.

    “No?” She raised her eyebrows. “But what if I want them to come along?”

    “I forbid it.” said Mr. Redwood.

    Miss Starfire put her hands on her hips. “I don’t think so!”

    “Miss Starfire. I want to spend time with you alone.”

    “But Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter wish to come along. I think they should.” She said, smiling up at him sweetly.

    Mr. Redwood fought to keep control. This Female Wolf was driving him crazy. He had to have her or he’d lose his sanity. He’d get her alone in the snowy woods and take her there, Mate with her, make her his. But he knew if he hurt the Pack Leader’s Wolf Daughter his punishment would be decapitation. One of the few ways to kill Wolf People.

    He took a deep calming breath. He wouldn’t lose his sanity. He’d win Miss Starfire the right and proper way. She’d be his Mate. “Miss Starfire…” He started to say.

    Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter stood at the bottom of the steps. Louise still stood just inside the door watching, a worried look on her face.

    “We all go.” interrupted Mr. Thunder. “And we’ll have a good time.”

    Miss Starfire tossed her light brown hair. “Since everyone is getting over excited why don’t we just forget about the run? Hmmm. Surely there is something else we could all be doing that’s much more positive than fighting like this.”

    “Oh? Like what?” asked Mr. Redwood.

    “Yeah, Miss Starfire. What do you have in mind?” Mr. Thunder asked.

    Miss Starfire looked upward into the falling snow. Little white flakes clung to her eyebrows and eyelashes. She smiled. “Oh, I don’t know.” Then she giggled.

    “Let’s run.” Mr. Redwood grabbed her by the hand and led her along a path made in the snow that led to the shadowy Douglas Fir and bare limbed Broadleaf Maple forest.

    “Hey!” Miss Starfire cried out as she stumbled.

    Mr. Redwood made sure she didn’t fall. “Just us.” He said over his shoulder to Mr. Thunder and Mr. Hunter.

    “I don’t think so!” growled Mr. Thunder following.

    “I’m getting Mr. Black.” Louise said, not caring if anyone heard her or not.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Enjoying this. Like the build up to some sort of explosion between these males. Poor Armand, afraid he has a broken heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Armand is still suffering emotionally, I feel for him. Mr. Redwood is sure turning out to be one of the bad guys!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cool chapter. Your characters are always interesting. A cool write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

“Why can’t I be content?”
An excellent question and one that makes a great storyline as well. Looking forward to reading more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I knew that guy was nothing but trouble. Time for Mr. Black to step in and handle this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh! Mr Redwood most certaintly needs to be put in his place! That's messed up! Mr. Black will fix it though I'm sure....

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

440 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline