Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Armand sat with Miss Fern in the kitchen of their house at the table. Between them sat a wooden bowl filled with freshly killed raw meat cut into cubes. They each had a glass of cold fresh water.

    Outside large and small snowflakes drifted earthward. Every once in a while a very large snowflake, some as large as a foot and a half wide spun horizontally to the ground.

    Armand enjoyed having his own home but he sometimes still missed the home he grew up in and his family. Miss Fern was his family now and he hoped for Wolf Children soon. But so far Miss Fern hadn’t become pregnant. Armand was afraid Miss Fern wasn’t going to be easy to get with Wolf Child. But it would happen.

    Then his thoughts went to Miss Snow and Michar. They’d been Mates for a long while and they had no Wolf Children. The same for Mr. Stonevalley and Cerise. They’d been Mates for a very very long time and had no Wolf Children.

    His Wolf Parents were lucky, he realized. They’d had Wolf Children right away. He, himself, was their first. Then Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter quickly followed. Armand wondered if his Wolf Parents would be having more Wolf Children soon. More Wolf Brothers and Sisters for him.

    He looked at Miss Fern. She was watching one of the huge delicate snowflakes spiraling horizontally down past the kitchen window while she slowly chewed a cube of raw meat. She is very pretty, Armand thought, with her long reddish brown hair, radiant green eyes and long limbs. Yes, very pretty. He didn’t block his thoughts from her, not minding if she caught him thinking that.

    Suddenly an image of Miss Feather appeared in his mind. He saw her naked on the forest floor, just how she had looked when they had Mated, their one and only time. Armand shut his eyes but the image didn’t go away, nor had the memory of how wonderful that first time Mating with her had been. His Miss Feather. Gone forever to him. He was blocking his thoughts now! He felt himself trembling and fought for control.

    “Armand? Are you alright?”

    The sound of Miss Fern’s concerned voice shattered the image of Miss Feather. Armand took a deep breath and opened his eyes. “Yes. I was just having a memory of…the battle with the Others.” He lied.

    Miss Fern made a sound of sympathy and put her hand on his. “Those memories will grow weaker and weaker as we move further away from that incident. Don’t worry. It was an awful experience for all of us.” She squeezed his hand. “Let’s finish eating.” She smiled at him sweetly.

     Armand smiled back, picked up a cube of raw meat and popped it into his mouth and chewed. Outside they heard excited voices. Some Wolf People were playing in the snow. He smiled.

    Miss Fern saw him smile and breathed a silent sigh of relief. She hoped Armand would soon forget about Miss Feather. She had no doubt his lapses into sadness and remorse were about his loss of Miss Feather and not memories of fighting the Others.

    Miss Feather was gone. She was here and was determined to chase away Miss Feather’s ghost from Armand’s soul and his heart.

                                   

    When Armand had moved out of the house into his own house with Miss Fern after their Mating Ceremony Miss Starfire had moved into his room. She missed sharing space with Mr. Hunter but liked having her own space as well. So did Mr. Hunter.

    Right now she was busy learning how to sew advanced delicate stitches and concentrating very hard on it, determined to master this skill when she heard her Wolf Mother outside her door.

    “Sweetie, honey, you have a visitor.” Her Wolf Mother said.

    With an annoyed snarl at being disturbed, Miss Starfire put her sewing project down on her bed and went to open her door.

    “Who is it?” She asked then saw Mr. Redwood standing a few feet behind her Wolf Mother. “Oh.”

    Her Wolf Mother smiled. “As you can see it’s Mr. Redwood.”

    “Thanks Louise.” Said Mr. Redwood as Louise stepped aside then slipped away into the kitchen.

    Miss Starfire shut her bedroom door and stood in front of it. “Hi Mr. Redwood.”

   “Miss Starfire. A nice snowy day we’re having. Care for a stroll? We could run as Wolves through the forest.”

    Miss Starfire smiled. That did sound fun. She loved running as Wolf and was so relieved when she finally matured and could shape shift.

    “Oh. That does sound fun.” She said.

    “Well? Why not?”

    Louise came back out of the kitchen. “You should go out and enjoy yourself Miss Starfire. The snow is soft and lovely. A snowball fight would be fun too.”

    Mr. Hunter poked his head out of his bedroom just at that moment. “Did I hear someone say snowball fight?”

    “Yes you did.” said Louise.

    He stepped the rest of the way out of his room and shut the door behind him. “I’m on for a snowball fight.” His grin was wide, showing his canines.

    “Miss Starfire and I were going to run as Wolves not have a snowball fight.” said Mr. Redwood.

    A knock sounded at the front door. Louise went to answer it.

    “No snowball fight?” Mr. Hunter said, pretending he was disappointed.

    “Come in Mr. Thunder.” They all heard Louise say.

    “Hey Miss Starfire!” said Mr. Thunder striding into the room. “Thanks Louise. Mr. Hunter.” He greeted Miss Starfire’s twin Wolf Brother. He only nodded his head at Mr. Redwood who was glaring at him darkly.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awesome to see your book ready so soon!
I see some things haven't changed in their world. Mr. Thunder and Mr. Redwood are still at each others throats about who gets Mrs. Starfire... lol.
Armand seems to be getting over his loss of Miss Feather. I'm surprised to see him enjoying his life with Miss Fern, who I don't know much about... On to read more! Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great beginning! There's conflict already!!! Actually, left over from the last book but I'm glad this one is taking off where the last one left off!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm happy to be reading more :)
on to the next!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's great to read more stories about the Wolf People. A cool write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Glad to see more of the Wolf People!!!!

Miss Feather is still not totally gone and I see Mr. Redwood is trying to be too possessive in regards to Miss Starfire.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome to see your book ready so soon!
I see some things haven't changed in their world. Mr. Thunder and Mr. Redwood are still at each others throats about who gets Mrs. Starfire... lol.
Armand seems to be getting over his loss of Miss Feather. I'm surprised to see him enjoying his life with Miss Fern, who I don't know much about... On to read more! Nice work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 7, 2010
Last Updated on July 7, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..