Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “I’m with you Armand.” Miss Fern stood so close to him she could feel his body heat. She breathed deeply of his scent, thinking how delicious he smelled. “We should join the fight.” Her radiant green eyes shone as she looked up at him.

    Armand looked down at her and smiled. Brave and pretty, just like a proper Wolf Person Female should be.

    Miss Fern stood there smiling back up at him.

    Mr. Thunder snorted at the sight of the two of them admiring each other so openly.

    “I’m going after Shasta. I know where they’re holding her.” Quetzal said. With a wild, overly excited grin he shape shifted into his tan Wolf Form with black guard hairs and rushed off into the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

    “Well.” said Mr. Thunder. “I’m going to see what Miss Starfire is doing.” And he hurried off into the mass of Wolf People who were heading for battle, moving in the opposite direction of the majority of them.

    Armand found himself standing alone with Miss Fern. Despite all the excitement going on around him he felt suddenly very isolated and alone with her.

    So, she’s pretty, so. He thought. I need to concentrate on Miss Feather. I need to find her before it’s too late.

    “Well?” Miss Fern said looking up at him. “Are we going to go join the battle?”

    “I am.” Armand said and shape shifted into his black Wolf Form with white guard hairs.

    Then he was flowing with the crowd of Wolf People in their Wolf Forms as they continued to glide into the forest in the direction of the battles.

    Miss Fern was right behind Armand in her white Wolf Form.

   

    And the battle between the Wolf People and the Others started. The Others had their weapons, weapons they acquired from the Human World. These were various forms of firearms, from the smallest pistols to military style assault rifles.

    The Others stood to defend their towns, acting as if they cared that they were under attack which really they weren’t. It was just a cover up as the Others slipped away.

    The Others attempted to kill as many of the Wolf People as they could. Their aim was to do as much damage as they could before they finished leaving the Wolf People’s forest behind. But they pretty quickly found out their weapons were useless.

     The Others found out much to their fear and horror that they couldn’t kill the Wolf People. They could take them down with their bullets but the Wolf People would rise up rapidly all healed from the wound. This was something that totally shocked the Others and destroyed the grand exit from the forest they had planned. Instead of slipping away quietly, removing the Magic that concealed their towns from the Wolf People, dismantling their buildings properly so their would be nothing for the Wolf People to find but dead dirt, they now had to flee for their lives!

    One of the things the Others had failed to learn about the Wolf People is that they were immortal and it was very very hard to kill an immortal. The Others knew the Wolf People lived long lives, could shape shift but not these other things about them.  They just did not know how to kill a Wolf Person.

    But the Others could be killed. Very easily, just like humans could very easily be killed.

    The Wolf People had no problem killing the Others and they enjoyed doing so very much.

    But it was too late for the Others now to simply slip quietly away, doing a lot of damage to the Wolf People as they did so, for they were faced with what was obviously a superior species.

    Instead large numbers of the Other’s were falling beneath the Wolf People in their Wolf Forms and were being violently savaged, their limbs being ripped from their bodies while they were still alive.

    Their stomachs and chests were being sliced open and their insides pulled out while they were still alive. The Others were dying horrible, bloody agonizing deaths and their screams and cries only excited the Wolf People more.

    Those screams of pain, fear and agony that echoed throughout the forest was something to be celebrated and enjoyed by the Wolf People.

 

    Armand was caught up in the blood bath that was happening all around him. The savage growls of the Wolf People in their Wolf Forms quickened in him the desire to join in the slaughter; the screams of the dying brought a savage joy to his heart.

    But even so he kept his senses open to finding Miss Feather.

    He knew the most intense of the fighting was occurring in the Other’s towns and he headed for the nearest one, thinking Miss Feather might be being held there.

    As he headed for that town the word was rapidly spreading two more Other Towns had been discovered.

    A triumphal howl went up and a large number of Wolf People in their Wolf Forms headed for those two towns.

    Several other Wolf People Packs caught on quick a battle was happening in the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest and those Packs were soon joining the fight.

    The Others had believed they had the superior numbers but no longer. They were vastly out numbered.

    Suddenly an Other with some kind of firearm was standing in front of Armand. With a savage roar Armand launched himself at the Other who fired but the bullet went wide.

    The Other screamed as Armand knocked him on his back, his pointed ears flattening and his tail bending beneath him painfully. Armand closed his jaws on the Other’s throat and ripped it out. Blood pulsed out of the wound onto the ground.

    Armand spit the flesh out of his mouth. The Wolf People would not eat these Others, they were not pure. Miss Fern ripped the Other’s limbs from his body, growling and snarling as she did so.

    The excitement in her yellowish green Wolf Eyes was breathtaking to see, Armand thought. He was spellbound for a moment as he watched her. Then he shook himself. There was a battle going on all around, he had to stay alert and focused. He had to find Miss Feather.

    Armand took off again, weaving his way through the fighting. Miss Fern seeing him go took off after him.

    She wasn’t going to let the Pack Leader’s Son out of her sight.

                       

    Quetzal arrived at the location where Shasta was being held. The forest here was no longer sick, her Magic had been shattered.

    Her long silver grey hair was messy, her large round blue eyes were dull, her pointy ears were laid back, her tail was dirty and she looked like she’d been slapped hard across the face a few times.

    She was tied up real nice and sitting on the ground in a clearing near where her house was and she was being closely guarded by eight Wolf People.

    When Quetzal reached her he shape shifted back to his Human Form.

    Shasta wasn’t paying any attention to anything. She was staring down at the ground.

    “Hello Shasta. Seems as if our positions are reversed now.” Quetzal said.

    Hearing his voice Shasta sucked in her breath and looked up at him.


© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Reminds me of the British invasion of south Africa back in the late eighteen hundreds. They had rifles, bolt action and the like, yet were defeated by the poorly equipped Zulu warriors, who used nothing but their knowledge and primitive bows and spears. A magnificent tribe who still live on to this day!

The Wolf People were lucky that the Others didn't grab any heavy military hardware while in our world. Standard rounds might not do anything to a Wolf person, but a heavy, high explosive, incindery, or fragmentation round might do some nasty damage.
Stupid others... "Yea, lets just grab some little guns and see how it goes." ... Dumbasses!

Awesome chapter Tina! Very action packed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Now we are getting into the fight with all the action. I'm waiting to find out if Miss Feather is found and if so, how Armand will respond to her now that Kyle's had his way with her. Tension is mounting in this very fascinating story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


The Others thought they were going to seriously damage the wolves, not.
I like this twist.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reminds me of the British invasion of south Africa back in the late eighteen hundreds. They had rifles, bolt action and the like, yet were defeated by the poorly equipped Zulu warriors, who used nothing but their knowledge and primitive bows and spears. A magnificent tribe who still live on to this day!

The Wolf People were lucky that the Others didn't grab any heavy military hardware while in our world. Standard rounds might not do anything to a Wolf person, but a heavy, high explosive, incindery, or fragmentation round might do some nasty damage.
Stupid others... "Yea, lets just grab some little guns and see how it goes." ... Dumbasses!

Awesome chapter Tina! Very action packed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cool, the Other's have found out that they can't kill the Wolf People, I'm glad their plans have been ruined. I'm looking forward to more chapters. Very nice pen on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Holy cow! Definitely got the action I was hoping for!! Great job, I totally pictured a battle with the chaos and confusion yet the necessary order and cohesion to get 'er done :-) I only hope that poor Miss Feather gets her happily-ever-after.... she was sooooo close until the stupid "Others" had to get involved....

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The Others don't have the upper hand like they thought. Armand got some good killing in and Quetzal is back be obsessed with Shasta, which can't go well for him, I'm thinking. This book is awesome!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

304 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 23, 2010
Last Updated on May 23, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline