Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Michar and Mr. Forest sat in Mr. Black’s living room reporting on what they had discovered while watching Shasta and Kyle’s home and the land around it. Mr. Stalker was present as well.

    They both had showered very well to remove the sickening cold dead smell from their bodies that clung to the air around the Other’s house.

    “We saw no comings and goings of Shasta but we did see Kyle leave.” Michar told Mr. Black and Mr. Stalker.

    “I followed him for a short while and discovered another large village, more like what is called in the Human World a large town.” said Mr. Forest.

    Mr. Black suddenly looked grim. So did Mr. Stalker. “How big?” Mr. Black asked.

    “About five or six times the size of our Village.” answered Mr. Forest.

    “I never saw Shasta leave. I saw her doing all sorts of chore like activities outside around the house.” said Michar.

    “I’m confident we can win the help of Mr. Whitewater and Mr. Redwood. I’m confident they will help us once we implement our plan to parade Joshie and Mandie before them.” said Mr. Black. “And we’ll be doing that shortly.”

    “Armand will be helping with that. The Other Twins are attached to him and Mr. Hunter to a lesser extent.” added Mr. Stalker.

    “He’s going to be talking with our two Others and tell them they are going on a little trip with him.” Mr. Black said.

    “I’m sure they’ll like that.” said Michar.

    “Oh, they will.” said Mr. Stalker. “I think they’re both in love with Armand.”

    Everyone in the room chuckled.

    “I’m afraid they’re going to be sadly disappointed when they find out Armand has promised himself to Miss Feather.” said Mr. Stalker.

    “I’m not concerned about their feelings. They either come voluntarily or they will be forced. I’m fine with either way.” said Mr. Black.

    Their chuckles this time were much more sinister.

    “How soon until we go visit Mr. Whitewater and Mr. Redwood?” asked Mr. Forest.

    Mr. Black heaved a big sigh. “It seems my Wolf Son has disappeared again. It seems Miss Feather is a call he can’t resist.”

    “He sure has wonderful timing.” commented Mr. Forest.

    “I’m sure he’ll return soon. He knows he has his duties to the Pack. Then we’ll head out.” said Mr. Black. “Louise, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter are going to bring the Other Twins here. I hope Armand returns by then.”

    “Hmm.” said Michar. “I’m thinking that there are most likely more large Other Towns. If I understand correctly the power of Shasta’s Magic, consider that her power or power like hers have been concealing the Other’s presence from us.”

    “Armand, Miss Feather, Mr. Thunder and Quetzal’s discovering Shasta and Kyle’s house might have been by accident. By that I mean perhaps the magic was weaker for a moment or two, long enough for them to stumble upon that house and the Others living in it.” said Mr. Black.

    “That’s troubling.” said Mr. Stalker. “We need to be sure we can find a way through or around their magic spells obscuring their presence.”

    “I’m thinking that once we show up at the town we discovered the shock of that will spread out and weaken the magic. We’ll have a large number of Wolf People spread out in the forest to be on the lookout for these towns or signs of Magic like Armand and his friends described. Anywhere we find the presence of Magic we’ll know it is hiding Others.” said Mr. Black.

    “I agree.” said Michar. “Get them while their guard is down.”

    “I like that idea and think it will work.” agreed Mr. Forest.

    “It’s decided then.” Mr. Black said. “As soon as the Other Twins, Louise, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter and Armand arrive we’re off to Mr. Stonevalley’s Village, pick up them then off to visit Mr. Whitewater and Mr. Redwood’s Packs. The Other Twins with us whether they like it or not. All we need from them is their physical presence.” He finished speaking with a dark smile.

    “Agreed.” They all said, one right after the other.

 

    Louise, Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter sat in the living room of Maple and Mr. Brown’s house.

    Mr. Brown was getting ready to leave as he was part of the group going to visit the other two Packs. Maple and Mr. Brown were in the kitchen quietly saying their goodbyes while the Other Twins were being prepared for their outing, not realizing what the outing for them was really about.

    “We’re going somewhere?” asked Joshie. “Mandie and me?”

    “Both of you.” said Miss Starfire.

    Louise mostly left Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter to do the talking since they were close to the Other Twins where she was not. She was there mainly to keep her Wolf Twins focused and get things done as quickly as possible. If there was any resistance from Mandie and Joshie she would be there to remedy that problem as well.

    “Is Armand going too?” asked Mandie hopefully.

    “Yes.” answered Miss Starfire.

    The Other Twins still dressed differently so they could be told apart. But Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter had spent enough time with them to pick up difference, mainly in mannerisms. They really didn’t need the slight differences in clothing style and color.

    Mandie clapped her hands. Then she made a pouty frown. “We never see him anymore.”

    Louise sighed at hearing this, thinking of her Wolf Son and Miss Feather’s painful disappointment at not being able to officially become Mates because of the Others, like Mandie and Joshie.

    “He’ll be coming. So…you two ready to leave?” asked Miss Starfire, forcing herself to sound cheerful.

    “Yeah, ready? This outing is going to be a lot of fun! You two need a little break from routine.” said Mr. Hunter.

    Joshie and Mandie glanced at each other, neither of them looking very excited.

    Louise straightened, prepared to use force if the Other Twins decided not to go on this outing voluntarily. In the kitchen Mr. Brown and Maple were listening as well. Between the three of them they’d be able to force the Other Twins out of the house and get them to the group assembled right at the moment to leave for Mr. Stonevalley’s Village.

    “Well?” prompted Mr. Hunter, trying to keep his smile in place.

    The Other Twins looked at each other a moment or two longer then faced Mr. Hunter once more.   



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

SUCH a cliffhanger! Good chapter though. It seem like Joshie and Mandie are starting to realize they really aren't "guests" in the manner they thought. Hopefully they realize they will do themselves more harm than good by not cooperating. Gosh, I hope Miss Feather's alright too!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

War plans being made. Joshie and Mandie are in very deep trouble all of their own.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

was here reading.... :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

SUCH a cliffhanger! Good chapter though. It seem like Joshie and Mandie are starting to realize they really aren't "guests" in the manner they thought. Hopefully they realize they will do themselves more harm than good by not cooperating. Gosh, I hope Miss Feather's alright too!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A cliffhanger, I hope Joshie and Mandie go voluntarily. Cool chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think things are not looking so well for the Other Twins, and this is only just the beginning for their troubles. Awesome chapter!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on May 6, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Twelve Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline