Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “Why?” cried Miss Feather clutching Armand. “Why must we wait?”

    Armand felt a surge of anger. Now the Others were interfering in his personal life. He resented them and he resented the delay in his and Miss Feather’s desire to become Mates right away.

    Waiting once two Wolf People decided to become Mates was unheard of. There were no logical reasons to wait once the decision was made.

    Armand kissed Miss Feather’s trembling lips. She sighed against his mouth, finally giving into her tears.

    “I don’t want to wait.” She said softly against his mouth.

    With a moan Armand tightened his arms around her. He wanted to take her right then and there. But of course he didn’t.

    They were sitting on a fallen log at the edge of the Village with the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest behind them but in full view of any Wolf Person who even casually glanced in their direction.

     “I’m going to Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack to help figure out a plan to get several other Packs to help us deal with the Others.” Armand said after a few minutes.

    Miss Feather sighed. “I’m proud of you Armand. You’re doing us all proud as the Son of the Pack Leader.”

    Armand kissed the top of her head. “I want to make you proud as your Mate.”

    Miss Feather made a strangled sobbing sound.

    Suddenly Armand spotted Miss Feather’s Wolf Father, Mr. Grey, striding toward them. He looked angry, but Armand knew that he wasn’t angry at himself or Miss Feather.

    “Your Wolf Father approaches.” Armand told Miss Feather.

    Miss Feather took a deep breath and turned in Armand’s arms to face her Wolf Dad.

   “Armand.” Mr. Grey nodded at Armand. “Miss Feather.” He looked down at his stricken and very unhappy Wolf Daughter and felt his hatred for the Others dramatically increase.

    “Father.”

    “I’m sorry sweetheart. I’ve talked to Mr. Black and he says your and his Wolf Son’s Mating Ceremony will have to wait.”

    Miss Feather fought back a sob.

    Armand sighed and tightened his hold on her. He already knew his Wolf Father had made that decision.

    They had to deal with the Others first. After that they would celebrate Armand and Miss Feather’s Mating in the proper manner that the Son of the Pack Leader deserved.

    Armand didn’t like that decision but he understood it. Miss Feather understood as well but it didn’t change how she felt about it. Which was bitterly disappointed.

    “I wish we never encountered the Others.” muttered Armand.

    “Don’t feel that way Armand. It’s better we found out about them before they increased anymore in numbers and strength.” Mr. Grey told him.

    “I’ll keep that in mind, thanks Mr. Grey.” Armand said.

    “I know you’ll make my Wolf Daughter happy. We’ll make sure your Mating Ceremony is the best and grandest.” Mr. Grey told them. “As you both deserve.”

    “Thanks Dad.” Miss Feather wiped tears from her eyes and face.

    “I’m sorry to have to break up your moment here together but Mr. Black needs you Armand. He’s getting ready to head for Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack. Do your best to come up with a convincing argument for those other Packs to join us in the fight.” said Mr. Grey.

    “I think we already have a very convincing argument.” said Armand standing and helping Miss Feather to her feet.

    Miss Feather made a loud sniffing sound.

    Armand pulled her close as he continued, “Mandie and Joshie. Living proof they need to take this seriously. I’ll convince Mr. Stonevalley and his Pack that this is the best argument we have and then try to convince the other Packs of the same thing. Once they see living proof I think they’ll agree we need to clear the Others from the forest.”

    “I agree. They will be our most convincing argument.” Mr. Grey patted Armand on his back on the opposite side from where Miss Feather was standing.

    “I’ll walk Miss Feather home then head back.” Armand said taking her by the hand.

    Mr. Grey nodded and headed off.

    Armand looked down at Miss Feather. “It’s hard right now but we’ll get through this.”

    “We will.” Miss Feather said in a shaky voice.

    “I love you Miss Feather.”

    “I love you too.”

    “Come on. The sooner I get this done the sooner I can come back to you.”

 

    “Well Armand, are you ready to take your place at my side?” Mr. Black asked him as he came through the door.

    Armand smiled, feeling pride swelling up in him again. He was feeling like a mature Wolf Person in a big way now.

    He had chosen his Mate, had mated with her and soon they would make it official. And  his Wolf Father wanted him at his side in Official Pack Business.

    “Yes I am Dad.”

    “Good.”

    Mr. Stalker and Risinghawk arrived. Risinghawk, a male Pack Member, had thick brown hair, radiant green eyes and was very tall.

    “They are coming along Armand.” He told Armand referring to Mr. Stalker and Risinghawk. “Along with several guards.”

    “Don’t forget me.” said Louise coming in from the bedroom.

    “How can I forget you, my sweet plaything?” said Mr. Black. He gave her a quick kiss then said, “Alright. We’re all here and we know what we need to do when we get there.”

    “Yes we do.” said Mr. Stalker.

    “Think of a strategy to convince other Packs to join us.” said Armand. “I think if we take Mandie and Joshie along when we talk to these other Packs; they’d go a long way in convincing them.”

    Mr. Starfire and Mr. Hunter entered the room from their bedroom. “Bye. Be successful.” said Miss Starfire.

    “Think of a good plan.” added Mr. Hunter.

    “Now you two behave like we discussed. I don’t want to regret leaving you here alone for this long.” Louise said to them.

    “Come on Mom. I know we’re not mature but we are old enough to be on our own for a while.” said Mr. Hunter.

    “I know you are sweetie so don’t disappoint me.” Louise replied.

    “We won’t disappoint you Mom.” said Miss Starfire.

    Louise gave them one last smile as she headed for the door behind the others.

 

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I feel so bad for Miss Feather, makes me think of war widows for some reason, so sad. Great emotion int eh story though LOL definitely evokes an emotional response in the reader. Hopefully they will be able to convince all the other packs to join them... good thing Louise came along when she did so they are on better speaking terms now ;-) But why am I worried about Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter being left alone?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The feelings of young love being denied and because of War. Seems to happen all the time in all places.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel for Miss Feather too, and Armand. The Others have developed into a major problem for the Wolf People. I wonder how this is all going to work out?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I feel so bad for Miss Feather, makes me think of war widows for some reason, so sad. Great emotion int eh story though LOL definitely evokes an emotional response in the reader. Hopefully they will be able to convince all the other packs to join them... good thing Louise came along when she did so they are on better speaking terms now ;-) But why am I worried about Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter being left alone?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Armand is mature now, too bad the Others are delaying he and Miss Feather's mating ceremony. Cool chapter. Looking forward to more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on April 28, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline