Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    With a fleeting smile on her face Miss Feather slipped into the shadowy forest, several large ferns closing in behind her.

    Smiling himself Armand followed right behind her. She stood a few feet away, already in her grizzly colored Wolf Form. Her black wolf eyes flashed at him, her muzzle was parted in a wolfish grin. Her bushy wolf tail wagged back and forth.

    She stood there, poised, ready to leap away and run.

    Armand laughed, a delighted laugh and shape shifted into his black Wolf Form with white guard hairs.

    Miss Feather gave a playful yelp and turned away and leaped further into the forest, gliding in between the large dark green ferns without touching them.

    Armand was right behind her, chasing after her fleeing tantalizing female Wolf Form.

    She kept ahead of him as they raced between huge ferns and boulders, leaping over damp moss covered logs, splashing through small bubbly streams and gliding past shrubbery and tender young saplings.

    There were other Wolf People in the forest but everyone kept a respectful distance from each other.

    Now that the different Wolf People Packs were friendlier with each other they shared forest space, though they still kept clear of each others established hunting grounds.

    Armand loved the feel of the air racing across his body as he moved effortlessly behind Miss Feather, wanting the chase to last yet wanting to catch her as well.

    This is exciting and fun! The chase and this thrill of feeling so free! Armand thought.

 

    Miss Feather loved the exhilaration of running as Wolf, loved the excitement of knowing Armand was behind her, pursuing her!

    She felt like she had him back all to herself. Maybe he did want her as his Mate.

    If only they hadn’t come across the Others in that magic sick part of the forest and if only that Shasta hadn’t put a spell on Quetzal.

    For a short while there Miss Feather was afraid she had lost Armand. She did feel sorry for Joshie and Mandie but she hated them as well for the way they constantly flung themselves at Armand.

    They even acted like they wanted his little Wolf Brother, Mr. Hunter, now too.

    Miss Feather felt disgust at herself for even thinking about this right now. She shook her wolfish head as if to shake the thoughts of the Other Twins right out of it.

    Armand was behind her, following her through the forest. Now was a good time to slow and let him catch her.

    She just wanted to think about him. She wanted him to be her Armand.

    Having him for a Mate wasn’t such a bad idea. She was now mature and so was he.

    She slowed her mad excited race through the forest.

 

    Armand saw Miss Feather slowing.

    Ah! She wants me to catch her now! He thought.

    He heard Miss Feather’s mental giggle and knew she had caught his thoughts.

    Okay Miss Feather! You think it’s up to you to let me catch you? Well, think again! He sent his thoughts to her telepathically.

    Ha! She sent back and picked up speed.

    Oh, no you don’t!  Armand put on a burst of speed and caught up with her.

    She yelped and increased her speed, kicking up bits of dirt, fir needles and twigs as she did.

    Armand growled at her challenge and decided to put an end to this and tackle her.

    He caught up with her and bumped her shoulder hard with his. When she lost her balance and stride a bit he tackled her, knocking her to the soft fir needle covered earth.

    Then he stood over her looking down at her out of his dark brown wolf eyes, his tongue out as he panted.

    Miss Feather was panting as well. She looked up at him out of her black wolf eyes.

    Now what? She asked.

    Now what indeed? There was laughter in his voice.

    Oh, stop Armand!

    Stop what?

    She kicked at him with her paws.

    He stood over her wagging his bushy wolf tail.

    You like being dominating! She said.

    And you like being dominated! He said back.

    She growled and tried to bite one of his legs.

    Armand easily stepped away from her snapping jaws.

    Let me up!

    Alright. He moved away from her.

    Once free of his legs she rolled over to her feet, stood and shook herself, sending the debris from the forest floor clinging to her wolf hair flying from her body.

    Then she looked at Armand who was watching her.

    Shall we chase deer now? He asked.

    You want to chase deer now?

    We did say we wanted to do that. Armand responded telepathically.

    I know. Miss Feather wagged her tail slowly back and forth.

    Armand noticed the mischievous sparkle in her black wolf eyes.

    She wants to play. He thought.

    He heard her mental laugh, a coy playful laugh.

    He leaped at her and she leaped aside just in time. Armand lunged at her again. And again she just kept herself out of his reach.

    He heard her mental laugh as she laughed at him, laughed in delight at being with him and laughed with joy at having him all to herself.

    Armand smiled a pleased wolfish smile.

   

   



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ah, true love between Armand and Miss Feather. They do make a cute couple and should be together.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How cool, a playful run through the woods in Wolf Form. A cool chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Those two behave kind of like natural wolves in reality! Mischievous and playful!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's good to see their playful side again! Everything has been so stressful lately.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Interesting write i like :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A very fun and playful chapter. I thought it was delightful how much fun Armand and Miss Feather were having hanging out together in the forest as Wolves.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2010
Last Updated on April 11, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline