Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Thirty-One

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand, his friends along with Joshie and Mandie are included in the discussion about the strange half wolf half human people.

"

    “Stop this fooling around.” I said, deciding to put a stop to all this.

    Miss Starfire made a face at me.

    I narrowed my eyes at her and made my best menacing smile.

    Joshie said, “Cool!”

    Mandie giggled.

    Mr. Thunder patted me on the back.

    “Well Armand?” Miss Feather asked with a smile.

    “I surrender.” I said and fell back on my bed and looked up at the ceiling.

    We were quiet then and all the talking in the other room was like a loud drone invading this space.

    I wondered what all the chatter was, like what they were exactly discussing regarding the half wolf and half human people.

    No doubt these odd people would be considered a threat but what kind of threat? One to get to know and understand or one to do battle with to eliminate them?

    “How long is all this going to take?” wondered Mr. Thunder? “I just want some peace and quiet.”

     “They said they’d want you all shortly.” Mr. Hunter said.

    I heard one of the twins sigh. No doubt she was gazing at Mr. Hunter with her large round grey eyes. I didn’t want to raise my head to see which one, probably both twins were.

    Suddenly the room outside my bedroom fell silent.

    I became alert.

    Everyone else did too.

    It was as if we all stopped breathing.

    “Wonder what that’s all about?” Miss Feather said.

    “We’ll be finding out soon, no doubt.” Mr. Thunder said.

    One of the twins made a whimpering sound.

    I sighed again. I’d be glad when this was all over.

    “Don’t worry Mandie.” Miss Feather tried to comfort her.

    “Okay.” Mandie replied.

    “No one is going to hurt you.” Miss Starfire told her.

    “No one will.” Mr. Hunter said. “Armand, Mr. Thunder and I won’t let them.”

    I sat up then. Mandie and Joshie were staring at Mr. Hunter out of their large round grey eyes full of admiration.

    I felt like smirking but didn’t. I wouldn’t let those two get too close to my younger Wolf Brother. I didn’t at all think it was a good idea.

    Joshie looked at me. “It will be okay, won’t it Armand?”

    “Of course. Wolf People do not hurt children.” I stated.

    Truthfully, Wolf People did not hurt Wolf Children, they might try to kidnap someone else’s Wolf Child from another Pack because Wolf Children were so rare, but they never hurt them. It just wasn’t ever done.

    I didn’t know if that policy would extend to children of others. I wasn’t even sure if Wolf People killed human children when they went hunting for humans in the Human World.

    I had to really believe they wouldn’t harm Joshie and Mandie. Besides, the twins weren’t a threat.

    They just might bring a threat to our Village by way of an angry Shasta and Kyle. I believed Shasta would want to use her Magic as a weapon on us here.

    “Armand?” Mom called from the other side of the door.

    “Yes?” I got up off the bed and went and opened it.

    “It’s time.” Mom said.

    “Okay.” I turned to the twins. “Come on Mandie and Joshie.”

    Everyone in the bedroom rose to their feet and walked through the door, the twins situated in the middle.

    Dad, Mr. Stonevalley, Mr. Stalker, Cerise and one of Mr. Stonevalley’s male Pack Members were in the room. Everyone else was gone. Then I noticed a very displeased Quetzal leaning against the wall, kind of hunched like. His eyes burning crimson with his anger glared at me.

    I wanted to smile at him but I didn’t. I hated to think I’d lost a friend because of those strange people in that magic stricken part of the forest.

    “Have a seat.” Mom said to us.

    Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire dropped down to sit on the floor. I sat on the couch. Joshie and Mandie sat beside me.

    Miss Feather sat on the arm of the couch beside me. Mr. Thunder leaned against the wall beside the couch.

    Dad was standing. So were Mr. Stonevalley and his Pack Member. Mom sat in the comfy chair and Cerise sat on the arm beside her.

    “Okay.” Dad said. “We’ve all had a lengthy discussion about these people you youngsters made contact with. I’ve filled everyone in on what you told us. Quetzal, I’m afraid, has been rather reluctant to cooperate. Seems he’s afraid for these people, at least I’d like to think that’s why he’s so closed mouthed with the idea of sharing about them.”

    I heard a low grumble come from the direction where Quetzal was lurking.

    I wasn’t surprised at his desire not to cooperate.

    “We’d like to ask Joshie and Mandie a few questions.” Dad said looking at them.

    I felt a shiver go through them both. Mandie glanced at me. I nodded at her and gave her my best reassuring smile.

    At least I hoped it was.

    She gave me a weak smile back.

    “Okay Dad.” I said.

    “Where do your people come from?” Dad’s voice was gentle.

     Mandie and Joshie glanced at each other. They looked confused by the question.

     Dad tried again. “I understand that you’re not all physically the same.”

    Joshie and Mandie looked back at Dad.

     “We all are a little different.” Mandie offered.

    “Some of our people have lots of hair on their bodies. Some have arms and legs shaped differently, some have muzzles.” Joshie said.

     Dad glanced at Mom then at Mr. Stonevalley and Mr. Stalker.

    I could see it in their eyes. I could pick it up in their thoughts. Thoughts all of us were having. Me included.

    Were these people actually half wolf and half human?



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

These are strange people. Half wolf and half people.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Big important question at the end of this chapter! What is the answer?

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like this very nice detail and imagery.
Alot going on here. Very well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm... that where do your people come from one got me, I hadn't even wondered yet and suddenly realized how badly I wanted to know! Way to keeo me hhoked on the story! :-)

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

413 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2010
Last Updated on March 29, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear, Hayden Dear, Hayden

A Story by emily joe


Chapter 9 Chapter 9

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 29 Chapter 29

A Chapter by Tina Kline