Chapter Thirty

Chapter Thirty

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand and his friends have a moment alone with the twins before the questioning starts.

"

    “I sure hope Dad doesn’t plan on questioning Joshie and Mandie with everyone in here watching them.” I whispered to Mr. Thunder, knowing that whispering wouldn’t prevent anyone from hearing, but I knew whispering would get a few Wolf People’s attention and that was what I was hoping for.

    “Same here.” Mr. Thunder said back.

    I didn’t believe it would go well if this large group all focused on Mandie and Joshie while they were being questioned.

    I caught Mom and Miss Snow looking at me.

    I made a mental smile, certain they had heard me. And by the concerned looks on both their faces, I was certain they had.

    With a lot of noise Mr. Stonevalley and his group pushed into the room. Quetzal was with them and I felt a bit badly when I saw his dark angry look.

    He cast his angry dark grey eyes about the room but he didn’t really look at anyone directly. Then he just looked downward.

    Besides Mr. Stonevalley, Quetzal and Mr. Stalker returning, Cerise was there and so were two other male members of Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack.

    “Mr. Stonevalley.” Dad greeted him and made his way toward him.

    Mom was hurrying to Cerise and they gave each other big welcoming hugs.

    Then everyone started talking, asking and answering questions.

    It was at this point that Miss Feather emerged from the bathroom with Mandie and Joshie. They were dressed in clean black clothing and smelled a whole lot better.

    The twins looked nervously about the room. They had a frightened look about them, as if they wanted to run.

    Too late now, I thought. You two had your chance.

    I stood up. So did Mr. Thunder. “Let’s go into my room.” I said.

    “Good idea Armand. It’s too much of a mess out here.” Miss Feather said.

    I opened my bedroom door and we all slipped inside. I was certain it was obvious where we went so I didn’t bother to tell anyone.

    I shut the door on all that loud excited chatter. Just before I closed the door completely I took one last look at Quetzal. He was slumped against the wall, arms folded over his chest, eyes still downcast and anger obvious in every part of his body.

   I felt bad for him.

   I finished shutting the door and turned around. Joshie and Mandie were sitting on the floor. Miss Feather with them. Mr. Thunder was sitting on my bed. I went and sat beside him.

    “What now Armand?” one of the twins asked.

    “Enough of not knowing who is who.” I got up and went to my shelf and picked up several strands of leather cord. I tied the ends of one together then went to the twins. I handed the tied leather cord to one of them. “And you are….?” I asked.

    “Joshie.”

    “Wear this around your neck Joshie. That way we’ll know who is who.”

    Joshie smiled and placed the cord around her neck.

    “It needs a token or something pretty to hang from it.” Miss Feather said.

    “I like it Armand. Thank you.” Joshie said smiling at me.

    I felt a bit embarrassed and went and sat back down. It had been meant as a form of identification not as a gift. “You’re welcome.” I mumbled.

    Mr. Thunder smiled a teasing smile at me. I didn’t like his look and punched him in the shoulder.

    “Hey!” He yelled and punched me back.

    We started a mock punching battle, pretending like we were being hurt by each other and making exaggerated cries of pain and outrage.

    The twins started laughing, really getting into our mock fight and we started performing for them, getting more exaggerated and silly by the moment.

    “Okay! You Wolf Boys! Stop!” ordered Miss Feather.

    It was then I realized someone was knocking on the door.

    Mr. Thunder and I halted our play acting and I called out, “Yeah? What?”

    “I want to come in.” It was Miss Starfire.

    “Why?” I didn’t really want her in here.

    “’Cause.” She didn’t wait for a response from me but opened the door and walked in, Mr. Hunter right behind her.

    “I didn’t say you two could come in.” I said.

    “So what. They’re getting ready to want to talk to you all.” Miss Starfire said.

    “But not in a huge staring group like you were concerned about Armand.” Mr. Hunter added.

    “Well, that’s good.” I replied.

    “I’m scared.” Joshie said.

    “Don’t worry. It will be alright.” Miss Feather said in a soothing tone.

    “You two shouldn’t have come into the Village then none of this would be happening to you or to us.” Mr. Thunder said.

    Miss Feather made a scolding sound but I refrained from responding at all. Mr. Thunder was right. If they hadn’t followed us here then chose to enter the Village when they knew they weren’t wanted here, well, they’d be home, safe and comfortable and none of us would be sitting here in my room right now having this conversation. But still, I did feel sorry for them.

    Miss Starfire went and sat beside the twins and stared at them. “You two look…pretty, I think.”

    They both smiled small uncertain smiles at her.

    “I’m Miss Starfire, Armand’s younger Wolf Sister.”

    Suddenly they looked at her with interest. I groaned inside.

    “I’m Mr. Hunter. I’m Miss Starfire’s twin and Armand’s younger Wolf Brother.”

    “Oh?” Mandie looked at him with serious interest. She smiled sweetly at him.

    “Hi Mr. Hunter. I’m Joshie.” Joshie said, her smile was sweet and captivating.

     I had no doubt who she was trying to capture with it.

    “And I’m Mandie. You can tell we’re twins.” Her smile was so wide and sweet I just shook my head, feeling helpless. I was obviously going to have to have a talk with Mr. Hunter and soon.

    “It’s obvious you’re twins.” Mr. Hunter said.

    “Well. Well.” Mr. Thunder said. “This…..”

    “Shut up Mr. Thunder.” I said. He and Miss Feather couldn’t help but notice the twin’s sudden interest in Mr. Hunter. “No one here needs nor wants to hear your speculations.”

    Mr. Thunder laughed.

    Miss Feather was smiling. I had a feeling she was thinking the same things as Mr. Thunder. If Joshie and Mandie developed a serious interest in Mr. Hunter they’d leave me alone. She probably hoped that, anyway. And Miss Feather, I knew would like that a lot.

    I had my doubts it would play out that way at all.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

All I can say here is "Calm before the storm."

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm enjoying this book a lot. Can't wait to discover who these odd people really are.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now that the crew's all there they can finally figure out what the best course of action would be regarding the hybrids. I'm anxious to see what happens next your book! It's lookin' great so far!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well that would be an easy way to get them to lay off of Armand! ;-) It's good to see them all getting along, except Quetzal of course... I wonder if he will ever be his old self again?

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 10 Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline